Kid reviews for Stan & Ollie

Gentle, affectionate portrait of aging legendary comics.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2019

Awesome! It's like The Greatest Showman except not a Musical!

I think this is a truly beautiful movie: It's sweet, well acted (I never heard of any of the actors before now, but they both did great, especially John C. Reilly), and super funny (LOVE Laurel's wife, she is so so funny!) I think this is similar to Mary Poppins Returns and The Greatest Showman (Two of my favourite family movies), and this is quite appropriate actually. A couple people kiss, but that's fine. Not violent or scary, but some scenes are emotional or tense. Dancing and singing was definitly not musical quality, but very good! Only thing i would be concerned about is drinking and smoking. I found it over the top. This is a great movie for kids 13+ (It will defiantly be boring for younger ages). ALSO one of the previews was very loud and disturbing. Skip the previews if you bring younger than 10 year olds. Otherwise, great movie!

Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2019

Fantastic!

This film is a great retelling of Laurel and Hardy's later life. It is played by tremendous actors. The film gets sad near the end with Ollie having a heart attack. However it made me smile at the end when they did the routine dance. This is a one of a kind film. VERY GOOD!