Parent reviews for Standing Ovation

Standing Ovation Poster Image

A movie most ages can enjoy!

I first watched this movie when I was a child, and I loved it! I still enjoy it to this day! The songs are catchy and the main character is a very motivated and inspiring young woman. However, the older girls in the rival singing group are very rude and catty to the younger girls. There are a lot of insults thrown around like "geek, freak, nerd, idiot, and stupid". Other than that, I believe this to be a very kid-friendly movie.

TERRIBLE!

This movie is a disgrace to all society. I can't believe I let my girls watch this. They are 11, 9, and 2 (well, my 2 year old was in bed so my older girls and I watched this). After painfully sitting through this movie, we declared it the worst movie on Earth. It certainly is! Seriously, as another receiver mentioned, the crude humor. Passing gas, and a girl puking in another boy's MOUTH? There are many curse words throughout this movie, and there is a girl trying to fight off people with bugs. There is kissing, and people repeatedly calling eachother "losers". Whoever made this movie, are you SERIOUS?

I thought it was stupid and tacky there was a pantie shot in the first ten minutes, gambling, annoying small children, some kid that acts like a mafia boss, and suggestive dance moves. The whole thing was really stupid and lame I was absolutely shocked by the old man taking a bath in one of the scenes That's just too much old man for me!

best movie ever

My daughter Kim, 11 and son Jay, 10 love this movie. I personally love it becauseit's so snobby and the girls are bad.rolemosela

TERRIBLE!!!!

I have too many bad things to say about this movie to fit it all in. First off the girls call eachother names and are snobby and gossipy. Second these older kids hack into the kid's music video and make them hurl in another kid's mouth in the video. Disgusting!!!! If you love your kids don't make them see this movie!!!! I'm surprised BARBIE wasn't in it!!!!