Kid reviews for Standing Ovation

Standing Ovation Poster Image

It's kinda bad

I've watched Standing Ovation a lot with my friends, my family, and by myself. It has a cool plot and does not focus only on the music... here is a link on fandom about the movie... https://standing-ovation-brittany.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000033845. I would recommend about 9 - 10 years old at least, because it's like a kid's version of a Mean Girls musical, mixed up with a bank robbery special. They use words like "Losers, Nerds, Geeks, Freaks, Dead Meat." There is some gang stuff in there that younger kids would not understand, like a "beat up about to happen" by some rock and roll punks, until a 12 year old attacks him with electric eels and scorpions. Same thing happens with a the same girl, instead with a snake. A group also torments mean girls by putting fleas in their wigs. so there is some violence, but some positive messages too. Like to be there for each other through poorness, or humiliation. There are no sexual images but some disturbing content, such as farts, and a girl barfing on a boy. It's really up to the parents if they want them to watch this movie, but know that it is a funny family comedy with a message. ALWAYS BE YOURSELF

Not that great

The acting is not that great, their is a lot of sass and rude language. Like geek, weirdo, fatso, losers, nerds, etc.

AWESOME !!

This movie was great I am 11 and since me and my mom both like pitch perfect this movie was great! + I have comeback for every bad thing said about this movie. The scene where an old man was taking a bath, It did not show any other part lower then his pectorals. They say the movies about snobby girls I say the movies about a competition and the snobby girls are the mean one's and the main character's enemy. They say they are bad singer's, personallyI think they're good at singing. This movie teaches young girls a good lesson of growing up and that there's alway's going to be somone who's your enemy, but don't let them get in your way. Don't listen to other's reveiw's. The only scene I don't agree with is the scene where theres a girl on a roller coaster and she throws up and it land in a boy's mouth.

Just...NO

This movie is probably the WORST movie I have ever seen. The acting is very, very bad...like really horrible. Every character in this movie is just plain annoying! Idk what this movie is even about. It literally makes NO SENSE! I recommend watching this movie if u want to get sick to your stomach. But hey, if u like this movie that’s cool

Worst Movie of All Time

I'm glad this movie never became popular. I still remember when I watched it five years ago. I have the LEAST sensitive stomach, but I actually threw up all over myself after a certain scene in this movie, where a girl throws up in another boys mouth. It was horribly graphic and plain disgusting. Also, this is hands down the cringiest movie in the world. It centers around two groups of singing girls (both groups of girls cannot sing or dance AT ALL) who fight with each-other by sabotaging the others performances and calling each-other childish names. There is also a girl who throws bugs and snakes at people if she does not get money from people off the streets. There is a dad who abuses his daughter and then makes up for it by buying her a house and buying presents for everyone in the neighborhood. Very realistic. I will forever regret watching this movie and wasting my time I'll never get back. I was at a dance camp and they made us watch this and I will never understand why (or forgive the people at that camp, lol). To call Standing Ovation 'horrible', 'bad' or 'cringey' is an understatement. This movie transcends the meaning of "bad movie".

Terrible movie, but good music

Don't watch it. I don't know how many people actually act like these girls in real life.

awful

It's not that inappropriate. The name calling and crudeness isn't bad at all. But the movie itself was the worst movie I've ever seen. So bad! The kids were annoying and the plot was dumb. Hated it.

No Words

No words describe this disgrace to humanity. This movie goes far beyond the meaning of 'bad movie'. There is an unnecessary amount of puking, name calling, HORRIBLE singing and dancing, a little girl acting like a mafia boss, men dressed as women...the list goes on but my free time doesn't. Also, there are no words to accurately describe this horrifying creation. WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME. Think I'm overreacting? Watch the first few seconds of the trailer.

OH GIVE IT A BREAK!

18+?? COME ON! THIS IS A HARMLESS KID MOVIE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T WATCH IT. PARENTS WILL NOT LET THEIR CHILDREN WATCH THIS DVD BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID REVIEWS! It should be more like 2+!!!!! Come on people, the vomiting was minor and not at all "So dreadful and brainwashing."

Not that good

I didn't like this movie that much. Don't get me wrong, the performances are AWESOME, but the rest of it wasn't good. There is no swearing that I picked up on. The main character has to deal with no mother, no father, a kind of absent brother, and a Grampa that spends all of their money on gambling, neglecting to pay the bills. The other performing group, the Wiggeys, are always playing mean pranks on the other group to make them late. The Wiggeys call the other girls a lot of mean names. Beside the performing, to girls have to question possible criminals to find out who stole money from Joey's father. They chew gum, to look like thy are spitting tobacco, and at one point Joey attacks some mean men with an electric eel, scorpions, and a snake. However nobody gets seriously hurt. There is one kind of startling moment when a big dog jumps out, but otherwise no scariness or jump scenes. There is are a lot of positive messages, and the girls in the five Ovation group are all good role models.