Kid reviews for Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Anakin moves to the dark side in moody, graphic sequel.

Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2010
if you have a kid under 10 that wants to see this, only let them if there a huge star wars fan. its violent, with notstop starfighter battles, lightsaber duels, deaths, injuries and betrayels. it is also sad when all the jedi are muderd (in my opinion)

One awsome saga!!!!!

This movie is very appropriote for kids 9+!!!!!! And AWSOME ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byShowman movie13 March 16, 2019

More darker but it is still good.

This movie is more darker than the 1st/2nd one. There are some intense violence and action throughout this movie. One part may freak out younger ones almost at the end of the movie. This one is still good as the other two but falls short behind the 2nd movie. I highly suggest older Star Wars viewers to watch this. There are more intense emotion in this movie than the 1st/2nd one. I think the message in here is more stronger than the other two.

Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2020

Common sense is great at overreacting.

This is my favorite star wars movie of all time. People say that kissing counts as "sexy stuff" on this site. ARE YOU KIDDING!? I saw this one when i was 4 years old and i was NOT traumatized at ALL! People on this site don't have a problem with kissing when its in Cinderella and litterally every Disney princess movie ever! No Sex, No Drugs, No swearing at ALL. The worst thing about this movie is when Anakin killed younglings and that part isn't even shown on screen. It shows him turn on his lightsaber, the younglings looking frightened and that is it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycalm down July 23, 2020

Completely suitable for pretty much anyone

I watched this when I was like 5 and loved it and I mean, much below five they won't understand the violence and it's not like it's even realistic, this a great film and anakin is a great role model.

Kid, 9 years old July 20, 2020

gr8t

Very good movie. Shouldn't be PG13 other than palpatines face melting.
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2020

Love it

I think kids should watch it.
and a meme house
Teen, 14 years old Written bySwteen16 May 14, 2020

Some parents are just stupid

I started laughing when I looked on parent reviews and lots of them where saying 16 up , I think this film is good for all ages and is great family entertainment , the only reason I put it 5 and up is that some really young kids would not understand some points in it , like when sheev Palatine is explaining to anakin the story of Darth plagues the wise.

It is really non stop action throughout the whole film and if you have a kid that is into adventurous story's or films then this is the film to satisfy them , it really connects every star wars film together and fits everything into place and the storyline is executed just brilliantly

There is violence but in the way there would be in most star wars films , people are saying that when anakin murders younglings and when he catches fire are too violent scenes , its really just part of the film and it makes no sense without this .

Teen, 15 years old Written byJZ6MC5 May 6, 2020
Teen, 14 years old Written byOzhowlett August 30, 2015

Watch with caution

Now I have put the rating at 9 and up because it realy depends on the child. I watched it aroound the age of I think 6 and I was fine with it.
Plot
This film is saying about Anakins descent to darkness, the fall of the jedi and the rise of the the sith and the empire. I won't say any more because I don't want to ruin anything.
Now first of all for the first hour or so it is ok there is actualy only 2 bits were there is death of a main charactor and that is oone of count doko which there is decapitation but you see no head or blood and then of general grevious where you do see a heart but only a glimps but that you will see is not bad. After that is does get very dark, and I mean very dark.
Order 66. The order to kill all the jedi and you see no blood but there is one sceen were anakin goes into the jedi temple and finds some childern and they ask what do we do, and anakin draws his lightsaber, and then you cut to something else, later you do see dead children with no cuts of any sort and one at one point that is fighting to let someone escape, he fights and fights but he has to die.
Now the battle of the heros is the next dark bit where obi won and anakin fight, and it is on a lava world, and near the lava anakin may lose his legs, and get burnt, and he does get a lot of fire damadge.
If you are looking to see if this is ok for your kid watch it yourself first then make a desision because as I said i watched this at a very young age and was fine.
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2014

AWESOME...but violent...but...AWESOME!

This is the greatest Star Wars movie so far. But...There is a lot of violence. Early in the film, a villain's hands and head are cut of with 2 lightsabers. Towards the end of the film, the lead male character falls on to the bank of a lava river and is engulfed in flames. Besides the violence, there are great role models. Such as...Obi-Wan Kenobi, who will do what ever he must to protect the rest of the galaxy. Also Padme Amidala, who is constantly trying to help the good people of the galaxy become aware of the problems that could arise. Over all this is a great movie. But be aware that this movie is not for young or sensitive kids do to the extreme violence and very sad moments.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T October 3, 2014

Amazing movie, but the PG-13 rating is accurate.

Younger kids may find it disturbing because of how violent and sad it is. I loved it, though. My mom wouldn't let me watch it for two years, but now it's my favorite movie. The worst parts, however, are when Darth Vader wounds a crying Padme with the Force and later gets stuck in an active fire pit. Plus, there's more fighting than in the other episodes. Yoda fights for the second time, but this time it is far more intense. Mace Windu fights against the Emperor as well, but it's DEFINITELY not as bloody as it could be. The reason I marked it for sex is because you see Anakin with his shirt off (who quickly puts on a robe) and mild snogging. I'd say it's suitable for teens and most preteens. Also, if your kid is a Star Wars fan it's probably fine for them.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCozymonster Bigman22 July 16, 2014

I bawled my eyes out when I first seen the movie. But still, well written! (Period.)

This movie made me sob at the end part when Padmé died of childbirth. But one of my most favorite part is the beginning action sequence. (Man, I'm not gonna lie. It looked realistic! It wasn't cheesy at all!) But it can have some intense scenes and graphic violence, but it's still a wonderful movie that kids 10 and up should watch.

Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2014

Most violent out of 6.

I watched it at 6 but it scared the pants off of my younger brother. A major character becomes evil and kills a lot of people (including his wife) He disturbingly burns in a pit of lava with his skin turning into cinders, and there is kissing as well, but violence is the problem. It is so far the only Star Wars film to be rated PG-13.

Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2014

Love it

I lovvvvvvvvve this movie, but very graphic. There is a scene where Anakin looses various limbs, but is a good message and great movie!!!!!!!!DO NOT SHOW TO KIDS UNDER 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ease of Play
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

I didn't find it disturbing

I did not find Anakin burning disturbing when I first watched this. I was 6 when I saw this for the first time.

Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2011

great film

This was the best star wars film and most violent one.And that is good because that makes it exiting and better.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Best STAR WARS movie yet!!

In my opinion this was the best STAR WARS ever!! the others aren't nearly as good. For me I had no problem but Anakin burning up was pretty gross. I felt sorry for Anakin, losing an arm then some years later losing the other arm and his legs. Anakin was violent when he turned to the dark-side. But Anakin thought what he was doing was right, the Jedi were doing things differentaly so he decided to join the Dark-side. Also for the love of his wife. This movie shows that people around you make a difference. If someone had sat next to Anakin and explained it all he woul've been good. I own the DVD, This movie is fine for anyone who's used to PG-13 violence, not a good movie for a kid's first PG-13 though.
Kid, 12 years old September 17, 2020

Not for young LEGO Padawan fans or clone wars fans

That movie was Bad,bad,bad,bad.Killing off popular characters is hard task,Avengers Endgame and Infinity war did it very well by pulling our heart strings but Revenge of the sith did it very bad.If you watched The LEGO Padawan series then the scene when Anakin just Murdered them without a single doubt that maybe Palpatine is a villain and he should really just spare kids that are like 6 years old.But no he just kills them.Never watch this movie with kids who are StarWars fans

Teen, 15 years old Written byobi_wan_is_jesus1 September 16, 2020

The BEST Star Wars movie ever.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!! This is an amazing movie. I have watched it over 20 times. Not even joking. I'm memorized large chunks of this. It is, in my opinion, the best Star Wars movie by far. the world-building is excellent, the actors are amazing, and the story never falters. We even have 5 great lightsaber duels. This is an incredible movie! I