Parent reviews for Star Wars: The Clone Wars

CGI Star Wars saga is dull, despite action.

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byCody Patterson MJO October 11, 2015

Fun show for the whole family

My sons are two and four and love this cartoon almost as much as the Star Wars movies. Some parts get a little boring and/or bogged down with war terminology the kids don't understand, but it generally keeps them engaged. It's really not too violent is unless your kid is very sensitive to action.
Adult Written byDUDES!!! October 2, 2011

Pretty Dull,

OK movie but may bore some younger fans of the show.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written byiku_app February 18, 2010
Blech. This movie is such a boring mish mash of mush. And yet the action might scare or confuse younger kids. Stick to the Trilogy!! Can't go wrong with a classic.

Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bykit kalen August 23, 2009

Probably fine for younger kids, though not an excellent film

My daughter (4 at the time) watched this and was just fine with it. I personally don't understand the recommendation of age 8+. That said, there certainly is a of cartoon violence which, I suppose, could be a concern for very sensitive children. Our family loves Star Wars, so this film was fun, though definitely the weakest of all the Star Wars movies.

Adult Written byb a December 11, 2017

Bleh

Pretty lame, but my 4yr old wanted to watch it. I wish it didn't have so much unnecessary language. "Damn" " Die Dogs" "Suck Laser" not really something I want my child repeating.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byQuincy D. December 2, 2017

Language and blood

Sometimes they say h***. Also some blood. Although it is not that violent, it still has some violance. Bad as a few of the movies.

Adult Written byjman809 August 8, 2014

I've grown up with this series

I've been watching this series ever since it came out. I was 12 years old and I enjoyed it. If the series would of continued, I would still watch it since I enjoyed it so much. I've seen what parents write about this show, and I agree to an extent. Yeah the show has gotten much darker, especially the 6th season, but that was to reach out to an older audience and to show the eventual connection to episode III. Also, I didn't care if " exotic dancers were shown, I was too busy with the storyline, plus that is what some of the star wars worlds were like. I'm not saying that anyone should watch it, but the show was doing great, until Disney canceled it. I do have to admit that some episodes should not be for younger audiences, but there are not many. For example, the only episodes that show actual blood were season 4, episodes 1-3, which surprised me at first, but it was nice to know that they were trying for the older audience. The show has come a long way and it would of been nice to see the connection to episode III, but sadly that won't happen.

Positive messages