Parent reviews for Star Wars: The Clone Wars

CGI Star Wars saga is dull, despite action.

Adult Written byCodyHH May 5, 2020

So fun.

Got to say I really enjoyed this found it fun exciting and funny, was also first introduction of Asoka, I honestly have nothing negative to say about this film great job all.

Adult Written bySBC2000 May 17, 2020

Inferior to the tv series.

Thé tv show is much better.
Adult Written byChris_Feher April 8, 2020

Good Intro to the TV Series

Anyone who has seen the TV series Clone Wars, knows that this movie is not a good representation of the full potential Clone Wars has to offer. However, it is a good intro to it, and introduces Ahsoka (single handedly the best female character in the SW universe), and her relationship to Anakin. As well as introducing some key clones and other characters. Just know that Clone Wars does get a lot better. As for it being suitable for young kids, it is fine for anyone 8 or over. The low level sci-fi action and couple uses of "damn" don't make it too rough on the little ones. Overall, it is a must watch for Star Wars fans, and a fun pass time for everyone else.

Adult Written byTyler2fk February 20, 2020

Fun, animated Star Wars flick isn’t as great as others but still a blast

My rating: PG for some action violence, and peril
Adult Written byLtschaefer January 1, 2020

NOT FOR KIDS

This show is brutal. It is not at all a kids show. People get shot point blank, blown up, sucked into space, stabbed with light sabers, and all other terrible means of death. Seriously, this is not at all a children’s show.

Adult Written byArt C. October 25, 2018

the best derivative of star wars I ever watched

the series counts on some violence by approaching a clone war, deaths by lightsabers and some multilines but no blood, is a series for those who like to star wars films and books,

Adult Written bySoretim July 19, 2018

Too mature for the kids that want it most

This show is not fun and it is not funny. It is very serious and is a show that centers around war with a main character that is extremely conflicted. He constantly breaks rules and of course we all know ultimately becomes Darth Vader. The show can be entertaining for older kids but the kids most interested in this kind of a show don't need to be beat over the head with moral dilemmas and Sophie's choices in every episode.

Adult Written byb a December 11, 2017

Bleh

Pretty lame, but my 4yr old wanted to watch it. I wish it didn't have so much unnecessary language. "Damn" " Die Dogs" "Suck Laser" not really something I want my child repeating.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byQuincy D. December 2, 2017

Language and blood

Sometimes they say h***. Also some blood. Although it is not that violent, it still has some violance. Bad as a few of the movies.

Parent of a 2 and 4-year-old Written byCody Patterson MJO October 11, 2015

Fun show for the whole family

My sons are two and four and love this cartoon almost as much as the Star Wars movies. Some parts get a little boring and/or bogged down with war terminology the kids don't understand, but it generally keeps them engaged. It's really not too violent is unless your kid is very sensitive to action.
Adult Written byjman809 August 8, 2014

I've grown up with this series

I've been watching this series ever since it came out. I was 12 years old and I enjoyed it. If the series would of continued, I would still watch it since I enjoyed it so much. I've seen what parents write about this show, and I agree to an extent. Yeah the show has gotten much darker, especially the 6th season, but that was to reach out to an older audience and to show the eventual connection to episode III. Also, I didn't care if " exotic dancers were shown, I was too busy with the storyline, plus that is what some of the star wars worlds were like. I'm not saying that anyone should watch it, but the show was doing great, until Disney canceled it. I do have to admit that some episodes should not be for younger audiences, but there are not many. For example, the only episodes that show actual blood were season 4, episodes 1-3, which surprised me at first, but it was nice to know that they were trying for the older audience. The show has come a long way and it would of been nice to see the connection to episode III, but sadly that won't happen.

Adult Written byDUDES!!! October 2, 2011

Pretty Dull,

OK movie but may bore some younger fans of the show.

Parent of a 5 and 9-year-old Written bykit kalen August 23, 2009

Probably fine for younger kids, though not an excellent film

My daughter (4 at the time) watched this and was just fine with it. I personally don't understand the recommendation of age 8+. That said, there certainly is a of cartoon violence which, I suppose, could be a concern for very sensitive children. Our family loves Star Wars, so this film was fun, though definitely the weakest of all the Star Wars movies.