Kid reviews for Star Wars: The Clone Wars

CGI Star Wars saga is dull, despite action.

Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2020

This movie is an absolute disgrace to Star Wars

This movie is terrible. It's downright terrible. The whole movie is clones and battle droids blasting each other to bits. None of the violence is graphic, and this has a terribly boring plot. The ONLY redeeming quality to this movie is that it leads up to a show that can be pretty good in some parts. if you're a crazy fan and must know everything, go ahead and see this, but if you want a family movie night, don't even consider this.

Teen, 14 years old Written byclone4-55 January 1, 2010
i think it's a very cool movie,because this movie is how star wars should have always been, full of action and violence.
the title is ' star wars the clone wars ' , so
there has to be all that stuff in it.
anyway, i think this movie is not for children under 12 years, because the violence in this movie is pretty high for the standard of violence in star wars movies.
it does not matter if it's animation ,
the point is it's about wars and you get to see how people die, tons of people actually.
for example: in the beginning of the movie you see a big battle and clones try to storm the droids, now think what would happen and how it would look like if a lot of people would storm their enemies in a war.
that's right a lot of people are dyeing.
there's no blood in this movie, but that's logical because
the weapons that are used in this movie shoot laser.
the hardest scene in this movie is when a big droid holds
a clone ,so that he can't run and shoots right through his body, the clone screams , you see how the laser comes out of the back and you get to see the hole in his body.
after that the droid throws him away and the body lies on the ground.
the rating PG is fine for this movie but you should take it serious.

thanks for reading my review :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byvictoria5035 June 13, 2020

Teen, 13 years old Written byRicehubjr May 31, 2020

It’s clear people here know little about Star Wars.

People say the movie is bad. Is it? Well yes and no. The primary reason for it being so weird is that it was never supposed to be A movie. The entire movie is compromised of three to four episodes that were originally from the tv show. I love the movie however. It was one of the movies I grew up with as a kid and it’s the only movie I’ve ever watched more than twice. It features a good plot of hostage rescue, it features space battles, strategy, good ethics and morale, teaching kids what bad people resemble in the real world, problem solving, negotiations and politics. It features an actual good female lead role as Ashoka Tano, a padawan learner and involves everything Star Wars was known for. I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJimCroceFan April 17, 2020

Excellent!

A great show, with awesome characters. It’s sooo useful if your following the Star Wars universe!

It had a good deal of violence, but nothing graphic. Four people are beheaded at the same time, though quick and easy to miss. A important character is beheaded but just as it’s happening someone steps in front of the camera. Another episode it is implied someone is cut in half, but is not shown. A lot of clones die, and some implied bullets in the head.

As for sex, nothing important, mostly revealing clothes in cantinas. One episode, The Hunt For Zero, includes women in very sexual looking outfits, but easy to miss, and nothing explicit.

It’s not really scary, more disturbing. The episode Brain Invaders had several clones with ugly worms stick out of their mouth and nose, and their eyes are completely white.

It’s not as bad as it sounds, but should be treated with caution when letting little one watch. I, personally enjoyed it. I think it’s a great show with great stories and definitely expands on the Star Wars universe.

Teen, 13 years old Written byserenity queen April 2, 2020

Best star wars series ever!

I'm a big star wars fan and grew up watching this show and it was awesome! Great for prequel fans who want more detail about clone wars! It has awesome action and story. Highly recommend for any star wars fans!

Teen, 16 years old Written bysnaith February 13, 2020

CLONE WARS IS A MASTER PEACE

If you think that this series is not good then your wrong (fact proven by science). The characters have great progression and the story is easy to follow, like all the star wars series, so children will be able to watch and understand the story. (No snowflakes are able to watch this show)

Teen, 13 years old Written bymaddoxj202 January 13, 2020

IT IS THE BEST

screw you people it is the best series ever and it is not to bad and there are parts in life when you have to make choices if there is joinning count dooku or anakin skywalker what ever it is a good show that teaches you kid to not give up!!!!!!! so yeah and if you are more worried about exotic dancers or other things then as a parent your mind is very dirty no kid would rather watch exotic dances then anakin fighting but i mean h!$% is not even the worst word it is entertaing and fun and the best but has a little bit of real life in it

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheLostPotato November 6, 2019

Teen, 13 years old Written byKatoptris34 March 17, 2019

Good TV series brings new and old Star Wars characters to life.

A little violent, but no gore at all. Sad at some parts.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Andy Joe Show January 31, 2019

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Teen, 15 years old Written byIronPickle October 10, 2018

Very good for older kids

I really like this series. I watch it with my sibling and we enjoy it together. There is VERY rarely a single use of "d**m" or "hell", and of course, Star Wars violence. (That's how the series is) I think it's more for older kids because sometimes the plot gets a little long and complicated. I think it adds WAY more depth to the prequel movies.

Teen, 17 years old Written byThermalimploder August 15, 2018

Ignore the other people saying its inappropriate! let me explain!

I grew up watching the clone wars when i was 4 i first accidentally stumbled across it while watching tv! and keep in mind my parents are a ton more overprotective than most of you! A first i was a little iffy i didn't know much about star wars actually nothing really! I started watching it consistently (weekly when there's a new episode, or even an old one) I will say that some episodes are a little well scary for young kids! Specifically i remember ho freaked out i was when i watched the episode Brain Invaders. i would say yes have your kid watch it, but skip brain invaders and save seasons 4 5 6 and the upcoming 7 for when they are at least 6 or 7. but the first 3 seasons are completely appropriate for a kid 4. It is or at least was rated 4 plus when i watched it! i think it is Just considered PG now but keep in mind originally i was 4+ i believe the reason it became PG is Because of the more violent and intense things in the later seasons. Though the clone wars starts out each episode with a meaningful quote that is usually a lesson! and shows the Jedi way which is very peaceful even though if you don't watch the whole thing you might not think so but it is very educational! Obi wan Kenobi and Ahsoka Tano are great role models in it too!It also has some big words (not inappropriate just complex) that a young kid might not understand, but they will still get the concept without a couple words! yes it has assassinations death and and violence. They are not gorey not bloody and also well i know you probably don't want to here this nor believe it the world is getting darker and meaner i know what it is like to be the one with the overprotective parents. it's not fun AT ALL! but knowing the stuff in it is important especially with the wars going on and the chaos. knowing about death, war, and violence is important. to know about. In conclusion At a first glance the clone wars may seem to much for a young kid. But if you look into it more you will realize that it is not as bad as it may seem. it has lots of action yes but if it didn't it wouldn't be star wars or exist it is an Amazing show a recommend it to Anyone! I hope you watch it or your kids or even both!

Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2017

Um..... age 11 or 12

I think that it might be a little to inappropriate foe younger viewers. It dose have some language like "d**n" and "h**l". also has some tight clothing for some charterers. It uses a little bit of drinking and in some circumstances people (or pirates) getting drunk. And alot of violence!

thats what i think and im just a kid ;D

Kid, 12 years old July 10, 2017

Children can watch

I am young but I do have my opinions just like everyone else. I personally love Star Wars everything I think that if you're used to the Star wars idea of things your child will be good to watch this movie. Yes its violent no blood and yes there are Blasters and Lightsabers within the movie I think its a little long an hour and 38 minutes. It has fun characters great voice acting and a great franchise. I suggest this movie to children of the ages of seven and above

Teen, 16 years old Written bythebestintheworld May 18, 2017

tho only review that counts

I think it has a good depth and when you pause the movie and think about the meaning, then thats when you get the true goodness of it. I also think the-sexual aspect of it is non-exisitant as well as the drinking,smoking,and drugs use. the swearing is almost none, and in the series version the say the phrase "what the hell" once and never again or any worse than that. the violence is only energy based weapons but there are some brutal things every once in a while, the only good role model(s) are obi-wan-kenobi, and other jedi counsel members like master yoda and mace windew. Consumerism is not even gone near in this film.

Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2016

worst Star Wars movie of the franchise

This movie is terrible. Why? Oh, were to start? Both acting and lines are dry and annoying, the plot is bad, and the first blaster fired comes an hour into the movie! It's just not Star Wars. Even the lightsaber battles are boring because the movie did not shoot them well and they only lasted ten seconds.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2015

Overall a Good Show

The actors are lacking the skill of the ones in the movies but are overall pretty good. The story line is not as interesting if you have watched all the movies and know what happens to all the main characters.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIsaac T October 25, 2015

Don't listen to the haters; this movie's awesome.

This CGI twist taking place between Episodes II and III of the Star Wars saga is tamer than the prequels, but is still rich in battle.

Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2015

Good prelude to great show

Suggested rating: PG for Sci-fi action violence brief mild language and smoking