All teen and kid member reviews for Stardust

Kid, 9 years old June 8, 2009

Creppy but really good!

This is a very good movie! But i'm only 9 so it is not azactlly apporprite for my age! Thier is not much of anything bad not mentiooning the horrible violene! This is a great movie and I think that kids should watch it as long as they are with a trustworthy adult! And there is nothing to worry about!
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2014

Fun Fantasy Romance with dark moments

As other people have been saying, this is basically a darker Princess Bride. For young kids, the ghost brothers might scare them, and they might not understand the two brothers trying to get the crown. The witches and some of the violence is also a little mature, but overall, it is a great family movie that anyone over 10 can pretty much watch.
Kid, 11 years old September 29, 2012

Stardust

First, the negative. There are some ghosts, who represent some of the people who were killed. Once they are killed, they show up as a ghost. One ghost has a axe through the head, another with burns, and one with whike flaky stuff on his face. One person who is alive at the start, falls to his death, and shows up as a ghost. Another is poisoned and killed, One is killed by a witch via the use of a voodoo doll, [if anyone is worried about religious stuff and black magic] Another one is sliced by the throat, and humourously, the blood is blue [Royal, blue blood, lol] There is a disturbing scene, which may have young ones on edge, THe star girl is chained to a tree in a forest, and hears something. It turns out to be a unicorn. The violence is strong, and may be a bit strong for anyone 10 or under. Several people are stabbed and killed, the witches tear animals apart to tell the future, one witch literally loses her head, and then turns into ashes, the witches shoot flames out of their hands, at some point a sword goes into someone and out the other end, the witches want the heart of a star in it's human form, aparently 'they cut it out of the body' which is a biiit disturbing. TONS of kissing, if this bothers sensitive parents, and a boy and a girl are shown in a bed, however you only see the bed's covers. The witch, after consuming the last of the star they last used, regains youth and the clothing has the cleavage showing. The witches do all sorts of things to a red-haired man, mostly physical transformations. Some language is used, like 'pervert' Now, the positive. This is a good movie, with a good romance factor for the older ones. I haven't read the book, so i'm not sure how much it follows the original story. The star is played perfectly, some comedy. In a nutshell, this movie is a must see. I think 11 is a good age to watch this, if they can handle non-scary humorous ghosts, and badly-done special effects done witches.
Teen, 17 years old Written byNumber-1-Pfan August 5, 2012

A Good Family Movie!

It was a little violent, but no more violent than the somehow always "kid-friendly" Harry Potter movies 2 and 3. Little or no swearing, maybe one Dam* or Hell, at the very most. The most violence was from the Witch, played by Michelle Pfeiffer, but if you want, there are some interviews of her on youtube talking about the movie and why she chose the part that she did. She explains it was all in good fun and that it was something different from most rolesshe has played. Nothing that someone 12 and up couldn't see. It has a good message, too. A good family movie. Enjoy! :)
Oh my gosh this movie is sooooo good! i can't even put into words how good it is! It has romance, action, and comedy all mixed up into one! This is a must see!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybunnielover948 April 17, 2016

Good vs. Evil, too much evil

This is an amazing movie, very well put together. It's a great family movie, but the one problem is that even though it's definitely good versus evil it's too much evil. Not only are the main antagonists (evil characters) the witches, but even the princes are evil towards each other. This movie has lots of death and witchcraft (use of magic for evil) it also has some meanings for things that goes over children's heads such as implied sex. It never shows anything, but in the movie a girl draws a man into a carriage and then in another scene a baby arrives in a basket at the doorstep of the same man in the previous scene. Normally that goes over children's heads, but not the adults and/or teens. The witches in the movie kill animals to see where a star falls so they can trick the star and then eat the stars heart to stay young. The princes in the movie trick and kill each other one by one so the one last standing becomes king of which all of that implies each of their own selfish intentions. After a prince dies it shows himself as a ghost until the end of the movie and some of the ways they die are a little....gruesome such as a clever in ones head or a slit throat with blood trailing down. Other scenes such as when one of the witches kills a prince with a voodoo doll by drowning him can be a bit scary even for the older viewers as the witch controls the princes dead body. Personally, I believe that this movie is for those 13 and up, as what the DVD says on the back cover. But I grew up with this movie so I have different takes on what it is. This was only on what I thought and my opinions. I have never read the book. This is labeled as a family movie, but it is iffy on what it is rated and everyone thinks of ratings differently. Tristan: You're not my mother? Yvaine: Do I LOOK like I'm your mother?
Teen, 14 years old Written byBookgeek59 June 14, 2015

What's not to like?!

Stardust was written by Neil Gaiman so of course it was amazing it has something for everyone, romance, action, magic and comedy. If you havent seen it, you need to! I absolutely love this film and went the picture to see it when it came out and I remember find some scenes scary then. When I watched it recently I realise how dark some of the themes are like the fact that brothers flippantly kill each other and some deaths although not gory would be gruesome if their was blood. Though, i think most kids wouldnt realise the truth about some of themes but it should be fine for kids over 11.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGhibliTheTimelord March 8, 2015

Surprisingly good movie, with a lot of violence

I watched this movie looking for a fun fantasy flick. I didn't care if it was bad or good. I was pleasantly surprised by this funny and dramatic movie that was actually fun to watch. Know ahead of time however that some scenes, especially one including a voodoo doll, are quite violent and can be a little disturbing. The violence is okay for maybe a mature eight year old but nothing younger.
Kid, 9 years old December 15, 2012

Stardust

This is my favorite movie of all time! I think the acting was great, and they picked the right actors. Most kids will probably like the magic and fantasy of it. There was action, adventure, great plot, and some really funny moments. Five stars!
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2011

violent

it's violent but has a good storyline the acting is good to.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 12, 2011

Good, but in a way, creepy movie.

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some fantasy violence, frightening/disturbing images, crude humor, and brief mild sensuality.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKnowler March 11, 2011

Bad witches but good people triumphs over them in this good movie.

Love it, but the only thing I'm worrying is the evil doings of the witches. however, I'm sure it'll be suitable for little kids to watch this exciting fantasy with parents sitting by their side. Parents, please look after your kids and reassure them that this is just a fiction tale.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGriffon April 3, 2010
It was a very good movie but the violence in it might be kind of scary for younger kids
Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2010

Awesome!

There is a little bit of kissy stuff in it but I don't think that it would be very disturbing, also i rated it 10+ because there are a lot of slightly gory /gross things in it. over all I think that it is an awesome movie and it is extremely funny and a great family/comedy movie.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2010
Great movie.
Kid, 9 years old January 13, 2010
This movie rocked! Commonsensemedia was wrong: there is nudity. You don't see anything, but when the witch becomes young, she drops her clothes. Other than that, it was awesome!
Teen, 15 years old Written bytaylorvenn November 14, 2009

its prefect for 10 and older

i love this movie its awsome it has good romance an amazing plot and it has a good twist and tells not to judge a person byt heir cover its an amzaing movie probably not for little kids it would be for like 10 and up its a wonderful movie with almost every genre. theres nothing basd in it the language is almost nothing but maybe one word in thte whole movie theres no sex and it shows how true friends accept you for who you really are! it is a great movie i can watch it all the time i saw it like 10 times
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed September 12, 2009

Meh.

I mean, there's really nothing to keep me from liking this movie. It's not especially violent. It's not overtly sexual. The language is practically nonexistent. The premise is interesting. The acting (surprisingly) isn't all that bad. The writing isn't great but it's not enough to turn a person away from it. It's really just kind of a mediocre movie for me. It's alright when you've got an hour and a half to kill but, otherwise, skip this one.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2009

Fun movie for the whole family

I loved to movie.It was kinda confusing but it all came togeter at the end.There is a part where Captain Shakespere is dancing in his room looking like a girl so that's basicly saying that he's a crossdresser.Depend on what a child hears at school or for a parent,whoever is their parent might need to explain to them.Unless they don't ask.All in all it was a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrainpuddle August 8, 2009

Rocking movie

This is the best movie ever. Where there is adventure in one scene there is comedy and romance in the next. This is a fun filled action packed movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat. I love the flying pirate ships!!!