Parent reviews for Stargate

Promising setup killed by action-film cliches.

Adult Written byTay Y. June 6, 2018

Overall a great movie!

Stargate should not be rated pg 13. It is a movie that has a plotline that you can't miss, and you should really watch it. Some of these comments from adults are blown out of proportion. There is one small scene where a female character starts to undress in front of the male main character, but she does not, and nothing comes of it; her dress top only shows her shoulders. That is all. This is a great movie that anyone from about 10/11 and up would truly enjoy. PLEASE WATCH THIS AWESOME MOVIE!!

Adult Written bytxtxyeha March 26, 2010

Definitely not for kids, but teenaged boys are going to love it.

On the positive side I loved the sci-fi concept of the movie. I thought the scene where the woman tries to offer herself sexually to the hero and he politely declines was a great example of being gentlemanly.

On the negative it does regress into a shoot 'em up at the end of the movie, and the military cliche of shoot-first-ask-questions-later gets old.

Adult Written bymissbunhead March 26, 2009

Another inappropriate movie.

PG-13, huh? Believe me when I say, this movie is not for kid's. A women tries to undress herself in front of the main? Disgusting. The villain is extremely androgynous, and he and the people surrounding him wear reveling outfits when they are first debuted. This film is not for kids.

Adult Written byBayon1674 February 11, 2020

I have read the people who reviewed this movie and I can't believe it. This movie has some shoot them up stuff. That is about the only bad thing about the movie. The main character does have a brief moment where the woman tries to give herself to the man but nothing is shown. Just her shoulders are exposed for a very brief moment.

I loved it.

Adult Written bymoviewannabe April 5, 2014

Nice sci-fi thriller

This is an interesting dimension-travel movie. I'm surprised there was some sex-confusion on the fictional people (it was hard to tell males from females). I loved the scene when Dr. Jackson shared his 5th Avenue candy bar with that animal and the villager leader.