Kid reviews for Steamboy

Steamboy Poster Image

It is a great movie

It is visually stunning.Most of of the time i was starring at the beautiful pictures without even paying attention to the story.However this steampunk atmosphere is really well done, the characters are likable and the story is interesting. What can I say else but to watch it

Not for kids

very violent for kids and kind of slow

Best Anime

This movie is violent but its one of the best anime ever made! Definetly must watch!

Not a worthy anime...

Besides a minuscule glimpse of blood in one scene, the violence is limited by what would normally be seen in cartoons, even if higher violence is suggested, it isn't shown. Steamboy is by no means inappropriate for children, but it is still a miss as it generally lacks any sort of decent plot, story or message whatsoever. The only thing it has going for it is overpriced visuals.

Mediocre anime film that has an unoriginal plot but plenty of visual treats. It is superior to some of the sappy crap Disney has been releasing over the past 25 years, but it is inferior to the stuff Studio Ghibli is making.

A+

This isn't a movie for kids because they might not get all the mecanical names and may be frightened by the voiolence. But for a teen it would be okay or even for a pre-teen.
not rated for age

Honestly? I would put this right up there with "Princess Mononoke"

I saw this in theatres the day it came out, being a huge manga fan (contributed by the fact that I'm Korean), and was not disappointed in the least. As I said, this movie ranks up there with "Princess Mononoke" and "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind", the two greatest works of anime ever, and also pure anime classics. However, although still manga, the art style is still a bit different than Miyazaki's, so if the only anime you've ever seen is by Miyazaki (though that isn't too bad of a thing), be prepared. Violence was the onyl issue I found in the movie, but wasn't too bad in my humble opinion.

Oh...my...god

Steamboy is a great anime classic. This is as good as Spirited Away and Metropolis. The only issue is violence, but there's only a little bit of blood, about two seconds. But the violence is still there, so kids under 10 shouldn't watch Steamboy. I think 11 and up is great.