Kid reviews for Stoker

Stylish but gruesomely violent thriller riffs on Hitchcock.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBestMan333 April 13, 2013

Superior And Tense Thriller

This movie very good, with tense but ingenious acting and a great storyline, but too mature for older teens. I recommend 17+. I would rate this film R For Violent Material, Strong Sexuality, Graphic Nudity & Strong Language

Teen, 16 years old Written byB-KMastah March 28, 2013

A masterpiece. The best of 2013.

I cannot express how into this I was. The fantastic acting, terrific cinematography and minimalist filmmaking helps exponentially. I can't really describe it, but suffice it to say that the callous and rigid character adds so much to immense freakiness of it all; lighting, quick cuts and scenes in one shot are so admirable. People need to understand that it isn't just about a mysterious and sociopathic uncle interrupting a girl and her mother's lives. The acting, atmosphere, tone, set pieces, metaphors, symbolism, writing, how the script ties together, directing, cinematography, score, editing, sound design, lighting and more explore the thematic elements of jealousy, maturity, coming of age, growing sexuality, family dynamics, and loss of innocence. Even if you based it off of its surface value and basic plot, it would still be solid due to its flourishes of difference in plot and filmmaking. This is easily the best film of 2013, and one of my favorite films of all time. It's up there with Kubrick and Hitchcock (the latter, of course, since it was based off of Shadow of a Doubt). 9.7/10, masterful, two thumbs up, etc.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHaitham Bayazeed June 6, 2013

HBayazeed Review: Stoker

It is a good movie, although it was so slow, the first violent and intense scene was like 40 minutes through the movie, the acting was phenomenal, the story was cliched a lot and scenes are very seen before, but on the bright side, Stoker stands out as having the best photography and editing, it is creepy and wired, but it has a lot of cliched scenes, and it wasn't very violent after all, if some nudity was cut off, it would be a hard PG-13 movie, but it is what it is.