Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 40 kid reviews

Sort by:

This was amazing!

This movie was so good! I really enjoyed it! It had a cool plot twist that no one saw coming and it was really awesome! Although, it's not too original when it comes to the characters problems, but it's original enough that it's enjoyable. I highly recommend! I also recommend knowing nothing going into this. It's better that way.

10 people found this helpful.

worst disney movie ever

Hated this movie.
8 people found this helpful.

Fantastic animation and representation!

I Loved the animation in this movie! The colors and textures were a feast to the eyes. I also adore the representation in the film. There were people of different races and ethnicities, and the main character was a biracial queer boy. It is absolutely amazing to see some positive queer and POC characters, without it being the central part of the film, just a little part of who they are. There is also an ADORABLE three-legged dog who is seriously just the cutest thing. The story overall was really good, with more themes about family relations, and there was a very neat twist at the end. The only thing I was disappointed about: in the beginning of the movie, the family was dancing to a swing record, so it really got my hopes up that there was going to be a lot of 1920s swing music. there wasn't. :( anyway, this was a fantastic movie, and I highly recommend taking your children to see it, or just coming on your own.

8 people found this helpful.

Nothing special-

Ok so strange world was not Disney’s best. The plot was stereotypical with the I don’t want to be like my dad/ family. It also feels like and environment awareness movie, which we all go to see a Disney movie not a lecture on how to keep the environment safe. They also had a weird thing of keep mentioning the character Ethan’s crush. It didn’t add anything to the plot in my opinion. (Yes Ethan’s crush is a boy, I don’t care it’s a gay crush, I just think it didn’t add a single thing to the plot) and the plot was overall just kinda boring. The one good thing though was this movie was visually stunning. But in some cases the animation hits home run and the story falls short. I would not recommend. (Go watch Toy Story, Coco, Encanto, or any classic Disney movie)

5 people found this helpful.

Incredible

My friends and I went to see this movie and spent a good portion of the afternoon discussing it. I really enjoyed Disney’s new film. The animation was gorgeous, the representation was very accurate, and the storyline, though a bit cliché, was written very well and brought home a good message of being your own person, while acknowledging where you came from and loving your family. Disney has put no effort into advertising this movie and I think this a complete loss on their part. It is a beautiful movie with incredible visuals and world building that everyone deserves to know about.

4 people found this helpful.

Stupid, weird, boring, slim, bland.

Sorry if I sound like I hate everything. I do.

A great movie.

Strange World is one of the few movies that succeeds on practically every level, with each character, scene, costume, and plot working in unison to create a watchable movie. I saw the movie in theaters in The Netherlands with my mother, and I adored it. Such a fantastic, straightforward, engaging plot; at times, I choked back tears in scenes, such like the 2 gay boys being together and being happy with each other. People, you must watch this movie; it's unique among movies. I've seen some bad reviews for Strange world, and i completely understand the parents that submitted them, but again, this movie is a must-watch. You'll enjoy it.

4 people found this helpful.

I think Strange World was an amazing movie! I’d give it about 4 stars because it wasn’t my most favorite movie of all time, but it was still really good. I love the plot twist near the end, the themes of family, trust, etc… but what I really loved was the representation in this movie. Having a biracial queer character in a movie (a Disney one, too!) is important, so that people can accept that THIS is our world. People can love who they love and be who they want to be, and no one should judge them for that. Hopefully we get more movies like these, thanks to the people who created this film for being inclusive!

3 people found this helpful.

The only redeeming quality of this was the animation. Otherwise, it was a bore. No kid would willingly spend their time on such a bland story.

3 people found this helpful.

This Was The worst Disney cartoon Besides Lightyear and Turning RED.

The LGBTQ representation is terrible, and the movie was Sosso boring and had a terrible message for kids. The best character was the dog and Ethan. He was still annoying. But whatever really bad Enviromental messages about wasting. Don't watch this. It's not worth it.
2 people found this helpful.