Kid reviews for Sucker Punch

Impressive effects, but mixed messages about women.

Teen, 14 years old Written byaka_bombshell19 February 13, 2019

*Hahahaha My Grandma let me watch it when i was 8

Hahhaha Omg! my grandma let me watch this when i was just 8
and i didn't understand but it was my fav movie, and i just kept on watching it. But this movie is about ( Spoilers) !!!!Girls that have like done bad thigs or like they are sent the're and this girl Baby Doll starts to dance and distracts the bad kinda guy called blue. While Baby Doll dances the girls get sorts of things to escape this place And i am not gunna spoil more. Just watch it its a great movie not the best

Teen, 16 years old Written bybiovox14 June 12, 2018

PG-13, could have been R

So this movie was....dang. Ok how to describe it. No there are no mixed messages about women. They are shown being objectified, but NOT in a positive light. Ok the thing about this movie, the depth of its characters, all that, that wasn't the point. It was showing the psychosis that goes on during sexual abuse, the disturbing way things are done its....(sigh) Idk. Go watch it and form your own opinions about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBillb0 July 1, 2017

Pretty mature for a PG-13

Theatrical Version Suggested Rating: PG-13 for Thematic Material Involving Sexual Assault, Stylized Action Violence, and Language
Extended Cut Suggested Rating: R for Some Sexuality

Teen, 15 years old Written byOuterSpxce June 12, 2017

So you have a Brothel and a Sexist Message and You're Still PG-13

None of that stuff matters, the movie is bad anyway. It makes no sense. It's a teen movie where people use "imagination". Not for kids. Not for anyone.

Teen, 15 years old Written byKyle broflovski March 19, 2017

Iffy for 14+

PG-13 version is recommended for a 14 and up to watch the R version is for
adults
Teen, 13 years old Written byClearlyJezreel March 18, 2017

Not That Good of A Movie

I agree that the There is too much violence in this movie. I am personally A girl myself and when I saw the movie I saw some violence towards women and using women as toys

Teen, 14 years old Written byDalton D. January 10, 2017

the worst zack snyder film to date. and that says something.

Teen, 15 years old Written byThe age judge July 30, 2016
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 24, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written bybands4life September 24, 2014

Awesome Movie!!!

This movie is on my top 10 best movies ever. If you are smart (which several people on this site aren't), and you have an artistic vision, then you will get the real message in this movie. This movie will be considered dark, disturbing, and uncomfortable, but guess what? It was never meant for enjoyment in the first place. It was a movie that you had to think hard about to get the real true meaning, plot, and message of this movie. This movie shows no sex WHAT-SO-EVER, but it has a sexual theme and is talked about frequently. The "Imaginary World" violence is cartoonish, there is gun violence and hand to hand combat violence, and very brief gore (The dragon sequence (they slit a dragons throat and open it up, Amber shoots an ogre and grayish greenish ooze is very briefly shown, it then gets sliced up in the engine, also, Blondie shoots an ogre and you see the dismemberment from a distance)), the real world sequences have some realistic violence also, there is a lobotomy, blood is briefly shown, when Baby-Doll accidentally shoots her sister some blood is briefly shown on her fingertips. As for language, one use of ass, a few uses of s--t, b---h, hell, damn, and whore. There are some positive messages and great role models (Not Blondie, she ruined the plan), Rocket has selflessness (When she takes the knife for Sweet-Pea), and Baby-Doll showed some bravery (She took her life to get Sweet-Pea out), and Sweet-Pea delivers a strong and powerful message at the very end of the movie. This is one of my all time favorite movies, and you will love it too if you can understand the actual plot. 10/10 stars.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLuv2Laugh16 August 19, 2013

An hour and 50 minutes long music video featuring one girl's escape to paradise.

To me, this movie was an experience. I'm still questioning what happened and what everything meant. First off, this movie does give off the wrong impression of women. This movie portrays women as property of men. I get that. But despite all the skimpy outfit and outrageous action in this film, there's something about it that makes me loves this movie. It's one of those films that actually haves you thinking even though you wouldn't think so. I'm actually still questioning the ending. And I'm sure you will to. In a nutshell, Sucker Punch is an hour and 50 minutes long music video (basically) featuring a creepy asylum, an underhanded brothel, and one girl's escape to paradise.

Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2013

Ok

It wasn't that good the special effects were good and it had plenty of violence but most of them die which made me sad and it was confusing it may confuse and upset younger viewers

Teen, 14 years old Written byiEmzy101 April 4, 2013

An ok movie, but with an underling adult theme.

Let me just start of by saying you have to know your children. This isn't a movie for sensitive children and may alarm some. However, this is just about ok for a mature teen.

This movie wasn't what I was expecting, but not terrible. The special affects are the best thing about this movie, and the worst is the script.
While a lot of people would disagree with me, I think that this has got a positive message somewhere. It tells you not to give up, and not to let anything get in your way.

However, this does contain fantasy violence (no more than what's been in movies like Harry Hotter or Narnia; although is in a different context to those movies as they're light and age appropriate while this IS a thriller with lots of fighting) which may not be suitable for all.
There is no blood (except at the beginning when she gets a little blood on her fingers), because everyone who you see die, gushes out gas instead of blood.

There isn't actual sexual scenes, but the women are scantly clad and seeing as this IS a brothel, there's a lot of reference to the subject. I would say that violence is more an issue than the sex because most of the time there is none.
There is a little bit of swearing, but only once or twice and you see people drink and smoke, but that's not the main theme of this movie.
I would also warn that one girl has a lobotomy (they don't show anything, but it still happens), two girls are shot (you only see the gun go off) and there are two stabbings, although nothing major.

Overall, this is OK but don't expect to see this win an award because the script and the plot line are terrible. This is ok for 14+

Teen, 15 years old Written bylindsayyyukegirl March 25, 2013

Hard-hitting, fantastical, and excellent!

I honestly don't understand what all the hate is about here. I LOVED it! An inside look at a universe gone wrong and the negative effects of drugs and alcohol. The violence isn't anything worse than your typical marvel movie. Excellent soundtrack and visual effects, all finished off with a hard-hitting monologue about empowering yourself to accomplish your wildest dreams and goals. This movie is all about powerful women, which many movies today lack. Besides, the lobotomy is never shown, which is the main "violence" and "creepiness" everyone's talking about. Hands down one of the best movies i've ever seen, despite all this negativity.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy45 February 21, 2013

In Zack Snyder's stylistic escape film, Babydoll is placed in a mental asylum after accidentally shooting her sister. In five days, a customer known as The High Roller, will arrive to perform lobotomy on her, so she uses her sense of escapism during her dance routines as a distraction so her newly abodted friends will obtain four items that will free them all.

This movie is basically The Great Escape on every psychedelically drug you can imagine at ounce! I thought the story was original and I rather enjoyed it, as it was over all panned by critics, teens really should be entertained by the battle scenes.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySkeamstroke August 25, 2012

Not suitable for SOME kids.

This is an AMAZING movie just to let you know. It targets anime fans especially. I am 15 years old, and female. This is suitable for some kids, if they can handle a bit of violence they can get through it. If you're strict with language it might not be suitable. There is foul language, violence in the fantasy world and a little sexual stuff. This movie is quite complicated to understand just to let you know. sucker punch may not be a family movie but it is very, very interesting.
Other than that, I really recommend this. :)

Teen, 16 years old Written byBryn Clare August 1, 2012

Sucker Punch

A good movie for mature teens. There is a lot of violence, but a good message, that tells viewers women aren't men's playthings.

Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2012

Sucka!

It has lots of sexual threat (and even some implied sexual violence!) I think kids under the age of 11 should DEFIANTLY watch it with a parent or a guardian.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBetsey J. June 21, 2012

Sucker Punch review

This movie had not point whatsoever. The whole thing was a mess. Starting with the fact that all of the main characters are strippers. The violence of it was not too bad but it was hard to take on that every single good person died in the movie. The last girl to live was the mean one, which is not a good message. If your a teenage boy who loves watching girls kick butt then it's perfect for you.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBirdy739 April 8, 2012

overcome

THIS IS ONE OF MY MOST FAVOURITE MOVIES!! if people dont look past this movie and just critisize it straight away there idiots. this has such a deep beautiful and meaningful message about life. yes i will admit it took me watching it 3 time to finaly get it, its confusing but its so worth it. shut up all you people that say its sick minded and gross, u have no idea. this is about challenging yourself to overcome the impossible.