Kid reviews for Superman: The Movie

Super-nostalgic superhero adventure still soars.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Review Guy September 13, 2020

Classic superhero movie has violence, language, sexy stuff and drinking and smoking.

Superman: The Movie is no doubt a piece of art in cinema. It still stands 42 years later, and its thrills are still as high now as they were when it was released. Although some of the magic may have worn off, Superman: The Movie is fun for kids who are fans of this comic book hero.
What prevents it from getting a higher star rating is that it was a little disappointing. When I first rented Superman: The Movie, I saw that critics praised this movie, saying that it was one of the greatest movies ever made. So when I watched it, I was a little disappointed. I was expecting this mind-blowing masterpiece, when I really got an average superhero movie.
Still, the movie is fun, but parents should be aware of a few thing.
First, the violence. It is pretty goofy and cartoony. As you can guess, Superman has to save people from falls and other dangers. Lex Luthor unleashes nukes, and some of them blow up places. There is also some destruction. At one point, (Spoilers!), Lois Lane gets buried alive, but Superman saves her by turning back time.
Second, the drinking and smoking. Lois is a drinker and a smoker, but Superman tells her that it could hurt her.
Third, the sexy stuff. In an interview with Superman, Lois asks Superman what color underwear she’s wearing, and Superman replies “Pink.” Lex’s henchwoman wears a revealing bathing suit at the pool. Lois’ Boss tells her that there’s only one “p” in “raping” when she shows him her story.
Last, the language. The language is pretty mild. Expect uses of “hell”, “damn” and “a**”.
So, Superman: The Movie is pretty good, but parents should be on the lookout for any violence, language, sexy stuff and drinking and smoking that may be too sensitive for their kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byI am a superhero fan July 26, 2020

This was the first cinema superhero movie

Superman the movie is for kids.

Kid, 10 years old June 5, 2020

Superman: The movie

This movie is great! A classic too! I would recommend this movie to ages nine and up.

Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2020

Fun, but I think Superman is a show-off.

Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2020

A superhero classic

This movie is one of my favourite films of all time and I can recommend it to anyone over 6 or 7 years of age.
I wouldn’t let a 5 year old watch it because some of the scenes may be too intense like the opening scene when the planet krypton is getting destroyed and when superman is getting tortured by the kryptonite necklace. there are no sex scenes or nudity just a few kisses and profanity isn’t very common, so that’s why it’s good for that age rating. If you haven’t seen this movie then you have got too watch it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byHimynameisBo April 23, 2020

Tame on Violence, good for Kids

If it didn't have violence than I would have put it at 7 and up but with violence it is 8 and up. It is a really good film and you should watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDonna Stone October 19, 2019

Extremely unappropriate for kids

This movie is apsolutly innapropriatte for any age. Not only is their inappropriate conversations( see other reviews), but none of the characters are role models. Especially not the two female characters Lois Lane and Miss Tessmaucher. I know Miss T. isn't meant to be a good charactar, but that doesn't excuse any of the things portrayed. Lois is supposed to be a good person, but she is asking Superman to look at her underwear! Exempting this, the movie is very cheesy, ad still not worth seeing.

Kid, 9 years old June 20, 2019

TOO INAPPROPRIATE! 11+

Things to be aware of:

1) Swearing! [email protected]#!, [email protected]#! and [email protected]# said once or twice!
2) Superman flirts with women .
3) Two gun violent scenes with no blood.
4) Violence.
5) Not the best role model for young children.
6) A woman was drinking wine.
7) Superman jumped in front of a train. Young kids might not know they can't do that.

Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2019

How is this a CLASSIC?

I saw this movie and liked the first 20 minutes but the rest was terrible. I don't think that I will watch any other Superman movie after seeing this. But given that I might of had a bad means I might see Superman II, Superman Returns, and Man of Steel.

Teen, 15 years old Written byIronPickle September 20, 2018

Still the best version of Superman

This is by far my favorite version of Superman. He is loyal, caring, doesn't lie, doesn't smoke, - just a great role model! Recently I rewatched the movie and noticed that there are a few adult jokes, drinking, some cleavage, nudity (Superman as a young child) a bit of violence, and a few bad words. (d--m, a--) But other than that, it's probably the best Superman movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysotoren000 July 8, 2018
[7.2X] | [PG-13]

Kid, 8 years old September 22, 2017

Be warned

If you are sensitive like me, this movie will make you consider what is true and what is not. For kids who like to learn about science and truth, this movie is not for you. The special effects are disappointing, but there were some cool things in the fortress of solitude. The bad guy is mean, and I don’t think kids who are sensitive should see him. I was worried for about a month about my planet blowing up. If it wasn’t for the fortress of solitude, I might have given it zero stars if I could.

Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2017
This movie has a ton of positive messages. This Superman doesn't kill people in this movie he fights for truth, justice, and the american way. There are a few crushes and kisses. Minor cuss words. The violence is rare, there is a shooting Superman gets hit with a crow bar. There are explosions, nukes being fired. Ms. Testmoker wears reviling outfits at times.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDonny A October 8, 2016

1st Superman installment might not interest younger kids but still heartwarming

My rating:PG for violence, thematic elements, language and some sensuality
Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2016

Horrible Heathenish Beings

What is this? Disney? Terrible, predictable, mushy plot with literally no logical ending what so ever. The creaters are under the impression that their aundience is one of five year olds.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJim hexster September 24, 2016

10 & up

Just Fine

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2016

Excellent movie that kids will love

I think this is an excellent movie that kids will really love. There is some violence, but it's not dark. Language is infrequent, but the A word and the word "fr--k" are used 1 time each. There are also 3 uses of the H word and 1 use of "s--t up.” But once again, this is an excellent movie. When I watched it, I liked it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe age judge July 30, 2016
Teen, 15 years old Written byReal critic July 21, 2016

First superman movie may interest older kids but not enough action for the littles

My Rating:PG for violence,langauge,sensuality,thematic elements and smoking

Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2016
Superman: The Movie is a great family film. Not as dark as the recent reboot. Contains two deaths but not in gory ways. I believe this is an amazing adaptation of one of the best superhero comic books ever to the world of theater. This movie also has amazing special effects considering this came out in 1978. All in all I'd highly recommend this brilliant adventure movie to other families.