Parent reviews for Superstar

Even SNL fans will find this movie too long.

Adult Written byMarieB 2 September 20, 2015

It's okay....

I was a bit uncomfortable sitting with my kids while a blonde girl said "ti**ies" at least twice during the movie. Also Will Ferrell had a couple of obviously over the top open mouth kisses with this same girl during the film. Mary Katherine was french kissing a tree twice as well. I wish these things would have been listed in the above chart description.
Adult Written bydvdgirl March 16, 2020

It was good.

Cute and funny.

Parent of a 15 and 17-year-old Written byJared82379469 August 31, 2014

Superstar suffers not so much from having Will Ferrell play a teenage boy, but simply because it is not very funny.

Ok, the good news: Superstar isn't very long, and it's not as bad as Night at the Roxbury or It's Pat. Will Ferrell gives a good performance as Sky Corrigan, and Molly Shannon puts energy into her Mary Katherine Gallagher character.
Now, the bad news: You can't turn a 5-minute sketch into an 82-minute movie, and have a 30-year-old man play a teenager. Life just works that way. Ferrell and Shannon have done much better work, just watch Elf, Old School, Blades of Glory, Step Brothers, or Anchorman and its sequel to find out how funny Ferrell really is, and Shannon's put in good performances on SNL 1995-2001.