Parent of a 16 year old Written bymomluvsmovies April 2, 2009

Think twice before taking a tween or teen to see this show!

I took my 15 year old daughter to see the movie and now I am wishing I hadn't. It was very disturbing to see young women being thrown into the sex/prostitute ring and to see a father disregard all laws and human life to get her back.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymineralsgirl March 13, 2011
Most parents don't want their kids to know what goes on in the world, you think you are protecting them. Protect them with the truth, The Truth is Knowledge. The "it's bad", your too young", etc just doesn't work for kids, they want to know why. Remember when you were a kid and your mom told you no, was that good enough for you? You want to keep your kids safe, let them watch movies that are real. Let them see the dangers for themselves. The don't talk to strangers will mean something after watching a true to life story. Tweens are perfect victims due to the fact they are still trusting of strangers no matter how much you tell them "Don't talk to strangers" Don't think Tweens are not victims of human trafficking, if you do, you are just a naive as your preteen. Want your kids safe, let them watch the movie
Adult Written byerica921 August 8, 2015
Adult Written byilikemusik23 May 11, 2009

Great Action Movie! But for people that are mature enough to understand it

This is a great action flick! However i saw it alone and had fun with it in the theater but while watching you have to understand how something like this could really happen in real life and it does all the time. So while it is violent it does have some educational value to it. Parents who have kids who are 14 should let them watch the movie and if they have a problem with it they should just watch it with them. Another heads up: part of the plot also involves the character kidnapped being forced into the sex slave business. BTW as mentioned in NINJAGUY's review. THERE IS NO RAPE SCENE!!!
Adult Written byca mom November 6, 2009
I am STUNNED that this got a PG-13 rating. Offended and shocked, to be honest. My husband and I liked the movie but every time another terrifying event occurred (and there are plenty!!) we turned to each other and said: "PG-13?!!" The movie is violent and the subject matter is very upsetting for adults and especially for teens! I am now really questioning our movie rating system in this country.
Adult Written byUnknown Agent November 17, 2015

Great

Good movie contains strong violence and some bad language.
Adult Written byErenJaeger October 29, 2015

Taken review

The movie isn't very original, as it's just another revenge thriller, but it's fun to watch with friends.
Adult Written byzazmopepperz February 18, 2014

Great but violent.

The film is actually very good, it has an interesting theme and has some pretty cool tricks displayed by Liam Neeson. However this film is VIOLENT. The violence is very intense and startling although there is little blood, it is very brutal and disturbing especially the torture scene and the scene where Liam Neeson shoots an innocent women to gain information from her husband. The film is also very mature and because of the subject matter and violence it is actually rated 18 plus here in the UK. Other than that the film is very entertaining, not quite appropriate for 13 year olds but I recommend it for 15 and up.
Adult Written bybirdbrain84 February 8, 2011

Need to see it if you're 13 or older

Ok, commonsense is being stupid with this one. I understand its a violent movie, but they're going to criticize the, "voilent means he takes to save his daughter?" How stupid! What's he supposed to do? Have a nice conversation with the people that are the cause of thousands of people being sold into slavery, and ask them for his daughter back. I'd say he's definitely a good role model. He risks his live over and over to try and find his daughter. This movie's definitely not for little kids, but teens, especially teen girls, need to see it to learn what the world's like, and why you have to be careful.
Adult Written byjoolz_43344 February 4, 2009

strong violence

I knew there would be lots of voilence, but I was surprised by some of the stuff. Honestly, didn't think too much language, or at least very often. We (husband, step-son, and I) liked it, but some of the stuff was left open and you kind of wonder, "what happened to this person..." but the guy beat up so many people, you practically lose track.
Adult Written bykipwalker44 July 24, 2015
Parent Written byGarrett50Cal June 15, 2015

Taken review

In this movie, men get stabbed, shot, and beaten. Violence may be a problem but the main reason I'm writing this review is because of the sex. Many woman are kidnapped and sold to sex trafficking, they are drugged and ect. Language isn't to bad. Bill Myers (Liam Neeson) is a good role model in this movie. He saves his daughter facing many challenges. One thing is; Bill Myers holds up the middle finger. Not to bad of a movie for 10 year olds maybe but especially for 11 year olds. Let your kid be free to watch this thriller.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 3, 2015

Keep caution on your young adults while watching this..

I Personally liked this film. But, I personally would want any parent to take a judgement call on this film due to the fact that most of the film talks and shows sex trafficking. also keep in mind that it does show a huge amount of violence. Otherwise, a great film for ages 14 and up...
Adult Written bykpianist7 October 3, 2014
Adult Written bydarthsitkur November 10, 2013

wicked intense, I loved it :-)

wow, Liam Neeson was not messin around lol, this movie has tons of intense action and nail biting suspense, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and I actually bought myself the uncut version, which is a lot more hardcore than the theatrical one
Adult Written bymoviemaker201 October 26, 2013

Taken

A truly great action thriller. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time while I was watching.
Adult Written bywonder dove November 3, 2012

Very well made!

One of my "go to" movies when I'm in the mood for a fast paced action flick! Liam Neeson is amazing, I love him. This story is very intense and brutal. It's hard to believe that this trafficking business is going on in our world right now! Very scary and also depressing. Bryan refuses to let his (sort of immature acting) 17 year old daughter travel to Paris with her best friend until he is pressured by not only his ex-wife, but his daughter Kim as well. He gives in and lets her go only to find out she's traveling across Europe too. Kim and her friend are then taken by Albanians (while Kim talks to her father over the phone) and the intense action begins. Bryan will stop at nothing to get her back and uses his unique set of skills to find her. Lots and lots of violence/fights/shootings, sexual content includes prostitution and women sold as slaves, some language (not too bad) and women are drugged. I don't think anyone under 14 will enjoy it or even understand the meaning - good for 15++.
Adult Written byJosé Pedro August 30, 2011

Good Movie

Adult Written byTinyToya August 13, 2011

Powerful Movie

A story that needs to be told. The movie itself is very forgettable, but we rarely see movies about real life issues like sex trafficking. It is happening all over the world as we speak and having it brought to the big screen and in front of our eyes is important. The father goes to devilish, violent extremes to save his daughter from a devilish, violent situation. For those who think he should've just sat back and told the cops and not killed a soul are crazy. Those men, had they lived, would've set their sights on more unsuspecting girls.
Adult Written byJakk May 19, 2011

Intense and disturbing, but fine for most teens

Taken is an interesting and exciting film, but is also very violent and leaves a mixed message. First of all, this film is nightmare material for parents worried about their kids being snatched, and even more so for kids. It's quite disturbing at times, and as such isn't for squeamish viewers. This film is also exceptionally violent for a PG-13, with a body count in the dozens and many scenes of fighting, shooting, and killing. The most graphic content takes place offscreen, but there is one scene of torture that's rather disturbing, and the film is very intense even though it's not explicit. The film sends a mixed message. A father is willing to risk everything he has to save his daughter from criminals, but takes dozens of lives in the process. There is also moderate profanity, a few drug references, and a theme involving a prostitution ring. All in all, this isn't a film for tweens or younger kids, but most teens will be fine with it, assuming they're not easily frightened.