Teen, 14 years old Written byBrybry102 July 20, 2011

Greatest Movie.

Well you parents are crazy, this shows the way the world is! the world isnt a happy place with Just butterflies!! and yes the dad is willing to kill anyone in his way, he loves his daughter and wants her safe and happy, now come on! you parents would do the same thing! This is the best movie i have ever seen. So stop being so strict!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 13, 2011

LIAM NEESON

i love liam neeson
Teen, 16 years old Written bylizzie3276 May 30, 2010

good for 13+ but no younger

I'm 14 and saw when I was 13. It's a very good movie and makes you recognize what goes on and you don't actually realize or think about much. Very good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 19, 2010

A forgettable mix of action and drama; teens and up only

Liam Neeson is usually a good actor. In Star Wars episode I, his performance overshadowed the bad aspects of the film itself. In Batman Begins, he gives a dynamic performance as the vigilante's partner/enemy. Now he tries his luck at hyper-kinetic action and melodrama in Taken. To say the most, he potrayed his character well. To say the least, the script didn't help him at all. Despite some cool car chase scenes, Taken is overall a forgettable mix of action and drama that doesn't bring enough to the table. Excluding Neeson's character, the way they potray other characters is flat and unoriginal. Girls are potrayed as helpless damsels. I know fighting a grown man is hard, but in the abduction scene, the producers didns't even make the young woman fight back. That's sterotypical, to say the least. Racial problems abound. Bloody violence is here. Language is constant. Sex is obviously used. And the movie's message about the wrongs on prostitution is drowned out in the end. The main character's daughter gets saved, but what about all the other poor souls we see? What happens to them? Taken tries to be compassionate and touching, but it's the complete opposite. At the same time, it tries to be fun and entertaining. This has to be one of the most uneven films I've ever seen. If you want to see a movie with a good balance of action and drama, check out the 2008 thriller Traitor.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhelloitsme May 22, 2016

Really good

This movie is very good. It's a little violent but it's not too bad and it's not too graphic. Some swearing. It's touching that the father would go through so much just to save his daughter!
Teen, 13 years old Written byohyeahbabylol May 21, 2016

Taken

This movie is very good. Not too explicit and very true. This is the real world. Wake up!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySkyrock5 March 6, 2011

Outstanding plot, good action sequences, loved the film.

This film is very realistic - it portrays the dangers of carelessness very well. It is also very entertaining and interesting to see how the ex-CIA father goes rampaging through Paris (killing 35 people in the process) to find his daughter who has been taken and forced into women trafficking. Violence can sometimes get a bit much (for example the electrocuting scene), but never overly graphic. Guns are mainly used to kill people, and so blood is seen. However, I do not understand why this film was given an 18 Rating. Its perfectly watchable for ages 14+. I loved this film, the action sequences were very good, and it sends a positive message about the trust and love between a father and his daughter. I highly recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygabby19 February 6, 2009

MUST SEE!!!

This movie doesnt show any nude it my show a few things kids 11 and undre SHOULD NOT SEE it is for older kids and it sends a good message you dont need to go to another country as a woman alone it is dangerous but all in all AWESOME MOVIE!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTsbf13 June 5, 2016

Raises Awareness, Great action

I have to admit, is movie kind of freaked me out, although it raised my parents and my awareness about pimps. If you don't want your kid to be more exposed to human trafficking, etc, I would suggest not watching it. I think that 16 is a bit harsh, I think that this movie is appropriate for mature 13 year olds and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byirontap June 24, 2015

Should've been rated R

Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

Great for all over 12's.

I've seen it and I'm twelve - To be honest, I didn't realize that this was an 18. It's really good telling people about what can happen if you aren't careful. I think it's a must see for all teens, although the sex trafficking parts may be unsuitable for sensitive teens.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybatman17 December 11, 2009

A movie worth seeing

There is plenty of killings in the movie and some brief cleavage of girls. Language not to much. The story has so much to offer. A father going to save his daughter now that is something incredible. Even when he's face with death he will not stop at nothing to get his daughter back.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRenLikesRamen December 28, 2016

Enjoyable?

Just watched this movie last night at home. It was a bit intense and "scary" for me, but overall it was an okay movie. I enjoyed it. I think 14 and up or a mature younger child could watch, but be cautious. There are a couple scenes that show prostitution and such, achohol, drugs... Its really violent too, a lot of deaths. They aren't too gory but definatly kind of scary deaths.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChezchadbread March 19, 2016

Great action film! Bro!

This is great! Lots of action and violence, but no blood. A torture scene, but not too scary for younger ones. It really raises awareness for human trafficking, which is a terrible real world problem. Grab yer' popcorn!
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2016

Great thriller

Scary but cool loved this film but it gets a little scary some rated r scenes in the movie best action film but brutal and griddy plot
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2015

A very good liam neeson film but a few iffy bits

Hello, taken is a very good and a very violent film, contains sex, drugs, violence and also a scene which makes you jump, but other than that, taken is a great film in which he plays Brian mills, an ex CIA agent who's daughter is kidnapped when she goes to France with one of her under aged friends. The girls find a stranger outside the airport and tell them where they are staying, but that turned out to be a big mistake...
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieKid387 August 8, 2015

Intense Thriller for teens only

Wow this movie is intense. I was expecting it to be better but I was biting my nails Bruh. The movie is about a retired agent who is divorced with his wife And cares about his daughter very much. She takes a trip to "Paris"but really it's a U2 tour and she lies about a lot of things to here dad. She then is taken from a bunch of people who run a prostitute thing. He then gets revenge on the people. This film was pretty violent. People are shot, hit in throat with hand, shocked to death, the taking scene is the most intense scene in the movie, and lots of other violence. The language is not so bad just s words d words a words b words and 2 f words and 1 you can't really hear...just a lot of intense violence
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2015

Better than two

The storyline is inappropriate but it is fine. I watched the theatrical version of this movie and I am 11. It wasn't bad. It was suspenseful and a tiny bit violent and a little sad that this stuff really happens. The language is kind of bad but it's no worse than what you hear at school. But I don't think it is a drop of blood or two from R. It is just fine being PG-13.
Teen, 15 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 14, 2015

Mature themes and violence. Not for tweens

Taken is a great movie. The action in it is good, the story and characters are all very likeable and Liam Neeson is awesome. People tend to argue in favor of young kids watching movies like this because "there is a lot worse stuff out there" or you've probably heard "Its not even that violent, compared to other stuff". People like this have good morals in keeping kids away from ultra violent/sexual movies, but they are also wrong. No one under 14 should see this film. The violence and sexual themes, along with a torture scene, make this for 14+ for sure
Teen, 14 years old Written bySoso.McD July 9, 2015

My Review

It is not as bad as it look like. its a really good movie and it would be alright for kid at the age of 12 years and over.