Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Tall Girl

Coming-of-age comedy about feeling different; mild cursing.

Adult Written bymfagundes September 21, 2019

Fun tween romcom

A cute romcom for teens. My daughter and I loved this movie so much! My 13 year old is taller than most her peers so it was meaningful for her to watch a flick about a gal who gains confidence of being herself. Cute flick that is age appropriate. We loved her sidekick and how he loved her in such an innocent way. I'm glad they create a movie with the theme and it being light on the live interest without too much PDA.

Adult Written byelspethf September 18, 2019
I think this film is quite good, as the girls height is so exagerated its easy for others to see their particular flaws in her grappling. Overall, its cute, has sweet moments, and is very watchable.

I don't like the way she speaks to her best friend, who is so kind and fun, but who takes a lot of sarcasm and bitterness from her.

I also really don't like the way the creepy guy friend from childhood keeps persuing her and is "rewarded" at the end. I like that he never coerces her, is persistent but respectful, but I don't think it makes it clear that his behaviour is way over the line, and actually illegal stalker behaviour. For a young teen age rating, this should have been made more clear, although a lot in this film is highly exagerated, this particular issue is not defined enough. In an age of high levels of sexual violence in society, this sort of early stalker dating behaviour should be frowned on not rewarded, so that young teens learn a healthy balance with handling their crushes. I would say his stalking is way more problematic that the other male character whose behaviour is clearly frowned on.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjuliegarnet September 15, 2019

Great Message, Weak Delivery

I grew up as a tall(ish) girl (I'm 5'9"), and I watched this last night with my own 11-yr-old tall girl (she's 5'6"). We had been greatly anticipating it's release and made a date to watch it together. Sadly, we got bored pretty quickly. The film got a lot of tall girl things right (Jodi's voice-over explanation of growing up tall was spot on), but the creativity and character development stopped there. The rest of the film was repetitive (in case you missed it, Jodi hates being tall) and derivative of every sappy romantic comedy, including the "Finale Main Character Extended Speech About How They're Brave Now (with microphone!)." Save your time and watch "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" again.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bysmjMom October 14, 2019

So Fun and uplifting

You should watch this!!!! It's amazing and beautiful!

Parent of a 14 year old Written byAlex527 October 3, 2019

Trash Movie

the movie is terrible thats honestly all i should have to say go watch it for yourself if you wabt to see of a car wrwck of a movie, i do have to say though it had good intentions it was just not there

Adult Written byBob vison October 3, 2019
Adult Written bymichell771 September 28, 2019

Awesome Movie

Worth watching all about being unique and not having to fit in.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byBridget C. September 18, 2019

Encouraging Kids to Be and Love Themselves

I think this was a sweet movie about a girl who struggles with being different, her extreme height. It Takes on bullying, friendship, and self worth. While the ending may be a little cliche, it was cute. I appreciated the lack of sex and even sexual innuendos that often permeate today's media. I also appreciate how it addressed a character's shallow tendencies being related to how popular they wanted to be.
I watched it first, then decided it was something my daughter should watch for its positive messages.
My only negative was the beauty pageant sister feeling the need to be on a diet to be perfect, and the more often than not, shallow mother.

Adult Written bySkyblue18 September 15, 2019
Adult Written byGabes34 September 14, 2019

Wonderful message displayed in comedy/drama vibes

What a BEAUTIFUL movie. The message was down right phenomenal and should be displayed in shools. It does not come off an educational but this movie is perfect in displaying real events in a way that's easier to understand. It's goofy and funny and a bit sad at times but at the end of the day, this is a true feel good movie.