Kid reviews for Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Wild, raunchy comedy about NASCAR culture.

Kid, 12 years old May 25, 2019
This is among my favorite movies of all time. I watched it on my twelfth birthday, and I loved it. There were only a few non-kid friendly parts. One was when a Frenchmen reveals himself to be gay, and the main character is SUPER freaked out. Another is when a nascar driver signs a woman’s breasts(nothing actually seen). Then there’s a bit of comedic violence.

Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2015

Great Will Ferrell movie.

Lots of teen content. The sexual content is fairly bad. No nudity but Cal jr. sleeps with Ricky's wife. Ricky's wife shows her breasts but they are not seen. Language at this point is pretty bad. Ricky shows his middle finger to his rival, his children say bitch, many uses of s--t, son of a bitch and goddamn. In one scene Ricky says a bleeped-out "Then f--k you" for an advertisement and in a bus scene a guy says "Motherf--ker what makes you think I care? Shut the f--k up!" I really recommend viewer discretion for this movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byicantchoseausername April 9, 2008

Shake and Bake!

This movie deserves 5 stars! It's the best movie I've seen!

GO WILL FERALL

it was such a good movie recommad to all
Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach July 24, 2020

Will Ferrell movie

Good Will Ferrell movie

Kid, 11 years old May 23, 2020

A funny movie though many salty language.

Talladega Nights has many cursing. The kids are very rude and cuss a lot. A women get's her breasts signed. But you don't see much.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEdred January 16, 2020

One of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen!

This movie is so funny! Although there are some maturer parts of the movie I think mature 12 year olders and above can handle watching this movie!

Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2019

my favorite movie ever-

When I first saw this movie, I was nine. It is pretty inappropriate, but most of it went over my head. There are many kissing scenes and talk about sex. Most of the inappropriate humor young kids won't understand. It is my favorite Will Ferrel movie,
and in general one of my favorite movies ever. I have seen this movie like 10 times and i still love it.

Kid, 9 years old November 12, 2018

So funny!

This movie is sort of inappropriate but this WILL be the funniest movie you'll ever see.They also swear.They drink a lot of drinking in the movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymarvelfreak July 15, 2016

funny and entertaning car racing movie with positive messages.

this movie was a great! violence 2/5 intense car races.
sex 3/5 a few sex jokes but not a problem language 3/ 5 a few swear words with some censored.

Kid, 10 years old October 31, 2015

Dumb NASCAR parody flick follows a idiotic racecar drivre and his good ol' sidekick

This dumb comedy is funny, not too violent, and has a lot of adult content. For violence, a guy breaks another guy's arm with sound and everything, plenty of car accidents,and a police chase that doesn't have any guns. There are plenty of stereotypes, gay men,and a campy make-out over a table at a bar. For the first half of the movie, 2 kids constantly behave badly, and so does there grandfather. Mild drinking and swearing. Pretty funny overall.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLaxkid1519 June 28, 2015

One of my favorites

I feel that it is a great movie even though it is immature humor. Might want to look away when Ricky sticks a knife in his leg thinking he's paralyzed and then him and his friends try prying it out with another knife
Kid, 12 years old July 22, 2014

Best Will Ferrell

This movie has a lot of language, sex, sex references, and drugs.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTruman Burbank November 26, 2013

A very solid comedy!

Talladega nights. I must say, I really enjoyed this flick. It didn't have much of a story line, and it did feel a bit sloppy at times, but it still makes you laugh at the appropriate times. My main problem with this film is that the comedy is quite spaced apart. If you watch something like Airplane or Anchorman, its a barrage of jokes and gags. This film has one really funny gag, waits 10-15 minutes, then goes onto the next one. I feel that it should have the laughs closer together, because your more likely to laugh at less funny things. Though while saying this, I did double over laughing at some bits of Talladega Nights, and it is still a very funny movie.
Sex and nudity: 5/10. A few innuendos, but nothing to bad. Some scenes are worse than others though.
Violence: 3/10. Quite a few crashes, but its not intense or disturbing in any way.
Drugs. 4.5/10. Pretty clean for the most part, but there are some stronger scenes. Eg. a man saying he has weed in his room, and ricky's dad pretending to tape cocaine to the bottom of ricky's car (There really just lucky charms)
Profanity: 5/10. One middle finger and one bleeped F-word. A few "s" words are scattered here and there, but, nothing a 9 year old hasn't heard before.
Talladega nights is a very funny film with great acting and a silly premise. If your 9 year old really wants to watch a comedy, but you don't know what to get him, get him this. It's most likely he'll enjoy it, and its not unsuitable at all.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPuppyBunnys October 8, 2013

I liked this one!

Talladega Nights. The Ballat Of Ricky Bobby. I must admit, I actually really liked this film. It was funny, but also had a good story, and kept me entertained the whole way through. The acting was pretty good, with Will Ferrell as Ricky Bobby, and John C.Reilly as his best friend. As far as appropriateness goes, I thought it was pretty good for people ten and over. Raunchy stuff: 6/10. There are some pretty heavy references, but nothing is ever shown, and its pretty occasional. Violence: 4.5/10. Most of the violence in this film is pretty comedic, but the knife scene is pretty disgusting. Drugs/smoking: 5.5/10. There are some mild drug references throughout the film, though they are pretty uncommon, and nothing is that bad. Language: 5/10. About 10 S**ts, 5 SOBs, and 1 middle finger. There is some other mild stuff, but its not very noticeable. Overall, this is a funny film thats good for tweens. It does have its flaws, but, what movie doesn't?

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe March 13, 2013

NASCAR meets slapstick teen comedy

Hilarious, but I think this is one of the best teen comedies ever. Some older kids might enjoy it. I remember (might be only featured in the unrated version) when there was a signing on a woman's breasts. Also, in the unrated version, some foul-mouth said "Motherf**ker, how many times must I tell you?! Shut the f**k up!!!" Then, he just says a bunch off explicit dialouge for a PG-13. You would not know how lucky Will Ferrell was that his film wouldn't get an R rating. If all the stuff from the unrated version was featured in the theatrical version, the film would get an R or an NC-17. Though, wouldn't it be funny if a film with a similar storyline to this gets a PG?

Teen, 13 years old Written bypbondhater007 October 22, 2012

One of the Funniest Movies I've Ever SEEN!!!! "LOL!!"

Not the best movie but definitely worth watching (just for the laughs!). Majority of this film has innuendo and sexual jokes but most go over some kids heads but most don't. Some parts can be a bit boring and you may say,"Turn DAT shnitz off, YO!!!" But trust me it WILL get better. I love and I think you will love it too. Shake n' Bake YO!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicKevinMan December 20, 2011

Funny Movie most 12 year olds can handle

Well, I defintley think this movie is OFF for any one younger than twelve because of this movie's raunch. Than again it is not as raunchy as Blades of Glory or Zoolander (those two are also great movies) The most freqeunt word is sh**, (even 10 and 8 year olds say it in this film) one bleeped f-bomb, and a lot of sexual innuendo, but over all 12+.

Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2011

Hilarius!!

hilarius!! This might be the funniest movie I've ever seen!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 3, 2011

Totally hilarious and outrageous!!!

My rating: PG-13 for crude innuendo, comic sports violence, language and some drug references.