Parent reviews for Teen Spirit

Teen comedy's stereotypes help illustrate pro-social themes.

Adult Written byFairyceeds May 1, 2020

Disney plus says it’s age 0+. It’s not.

It’s ok. But my six year old started watching because Disney plus says 0+. Definitely 12+
Teen, 14 years old Written bylittlepig1 April 30, 2017

Really good movie

I really liked this movie and watched it for the first time when I was 12. The movie begins with Amber Pollock, the it girl, being so stuck with the thought of being prom queen, so when she attends the prom (and wins the crown), she takes a huge risk and touches the crown, which is electrical so she ends up dead. This isn't scary because she just touches it and the falls to the floor. I don't have anything bad to say about this. It's kind of stereotypical but it's a movie. It's really fun and entertaining, good cast and acting (especially Cassie Scerbo, who plays Amber). See it.

Adult Written byAlice D. April 10, 2017

Not appropriate for small kids

Good moral, but bad words. B word, boobs, you name it. Not good for little kids. Has sex!

Adult Written byHollyAnne September 5, 2014

Kind of disturbing

This movie was wrong on so many levels. It starts off with a mean cheerleader-type popular kid making fun of the film nerds and then getting zapped to death, which was actually rather horrifying. The death and subsequent mourning scene were clearly supposed to be funny, which is kind of sick. The next hour has a healthy dose of underage drinking, innuendo as well as frank talk about sex, and somewhat inappropriate language (no f-bombs, but things you wouldn't want your kids repeating). The characters are kind of flat and not particularly likeable, and you have to sit through over an hour of teenagers acting like idiots until you get to the three-minute "feel-good" message that kind of came out of nowhere. And of course it has to end with yet another joke about death. I'm just glad that I wasn't watching it with my younger siblings.

Adult Written byTheParentTeacher May 25, 2012

DANG IT BOBBY

WHAT THE CHUCKLEHUCK

Adult Written bykayliejorichard April 2, 2012

best movie ever 'Teen Spirit'

hi im only ten but this movie teached me a lesson i learned that bullying is so mean to do and dont think about yourself think about other people you might think being popular is funny and fun and also fashioniable but in the end your hurting the peron your bulling and i think everyone should be treated the same the popular girl /amber/ learned a valuable lesson and she tried to help the least popular girl in the school and it turned out the least popular girl turned popular and just lets her friends down then she relizes that it was bad because amber had a heart and told her what the right thing was and amber went to heaven and the girl that was in ambers group died to they both dried form the same thing from being shellfish and i really think amber desives to go to heaven after all the stuff she did when she was died i really enjoyed this movie i could watch it 100 times a day ;)

Adult Written byCatholicmother21 September 4, 2011

excellent spiritual movie for preteens and teens!

its a great movie with a strong theme of spirituality in high school. it shows how you can become friends with so called "lame" kids and they are as normal as we are. and especially it shows how God always gives you a second chance! i hope this review does any good to you i showed this to my 12, 13, and 16 year old daughters and they loved this movie and felt very inspired
God bless,
Catholicmother21 may all the saints and angels guard you and protect you through the power of the trinity!