Kid reviews for Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Irreverent, immature comedy cleverly mocks superhero genre.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRishi Bhakta July 20, 2018

Teen, 17 years old Written byMandee3 July 26, 2018

Is this an another Emoji Movie excuse?

Hello, I live in Australia and I watch this movie for the heck of it. Just like the Emoji Movie, it is childish and probably not for kids under the age of 6. But I think the rating fits this movie because I like Teen Titans. But what makes me mad about this movie is that it doesn't give me a vibe to see the original Teen Titans Movie. Otherwise it's still below average...

Teen, 13 years old Written byRin Kagamine July 28, 2018

Disappointing

I originally asked my parents for tickets because it was advertised well. All of the trailers were clever and genuinely amusing. So imagine my disappointment when it was an hour and a half long version of the TV series. It had the same crappy plot and an inappropriate joke to finish it off. I can already hear you saying that I wasn't the target audience, but I am. The whole time I was in the theatre, it was DEAD SILENT. Not one child laughed. Honestly, don't listen to Rotten Tomatoes on this one. The best part about it was the teaser for the original Teen Titans, and it says a lot about your movie if the closing scene is better than the rest of the movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNna12 July 26, 2018

Great movie for kids and the whole family. If you don't like teen titans go i recommend you to watch it. It's really clever

Teen, 16 years old Written byTeen Movie Critic August 20, 2018

Comic Book extravaganza mostly delivers

Even though I’m not a fan of Teen Titans Go! I actually had a lot of fun with this movie. Even though it’s not great, I’d still say it’s worth your time. Let’s take a look at the categories. Spoilers are ahead. Positive messages: 5/10. This movie has some good messages about Being yourself, how by earning fame and fortune you can still lose a lot and how friendship and family matters more than that. Positive role models and representations: 5/10. The Teen Titans aren’t always good role models in this movie, but they certainly have moments where they encourage loyalty, family, and heroism. Violence: 6/10. This is actually one of my problems with this movie, some of the jokes really go to far in terms of what not to do in a kids movie, There is a scene where The Titans travel in Time to stop all superhero origins from happening so they will be the only superheroes left in the world, they kill Baby Aquaman by throwing a piece of garbage in the sea Baby Aquaman chokes on the garbage, and the Titans just walk away. But then the world becomes a wasteland in the future, so the Titans go back again to cause all superhero origin stories, so they save Aquaman, then they push Batman’s parents into a group of criminals, even though we don’t see the violence in these scenes, we get little pieces of it. And a earlier scene sees the Titans accidentally run over a smaller character and run away. Apart from these jokes there is a lot of action and mild destruction. Sex: 1/10. There is one sexual innuendo in this movie that will certainly raise eyebrows, in the very end of the movie Robin says to the camera “ Kids ask your parents where babies come from.” This certainly made me wonder if the kids who were in my theater would actually ask their parents this on the way home. Language: 0/10. Consumerism: 7/10. Robin actually learns towards the end of the movie not to be selfish but still follow your dreams. So this movie teaches not to be selfish, but the characters are selfish through most of the movie. Drinking, drugs and smoking: 0/10. My only problems with this movie is that some of the jokes go a little too far, and the plot is pretty predictable. Overall this movie is worth your time, if you enjoy superhero movies or are a big comic fan, but I would still recommend that parents watch this before kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjojodoubleyou August 8, 2018

Better Than The Show Itself

Even though TTG isn't really the best show, the movie itself was better than the show. It had a really good plot, still really good voice acting, and the different animation styles were a awesome add to the movie! Of course like the show, there's gonna be a lot of fart and butt jokes, and all that, but to me, its worth it! The songs were really catchy, (i still can't get them out of my head) and overall, this movie was just better than the show. I know looking at it first glance, you may seem as it as a bad movie, but its a good and decent movie. I mean some things in the movie may seem "inappropriate" to parents showing their child/children, so maybe make sure their about 8 or 9 so that they can go see it. But still great movie!1!1!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJguy10218 August 8, 2018

Deadpool for kids

Has Deadpool-like fourth wall jokes. Reasons why it may not be appropriate: Lots of butt, fart, etc which shouldn't be a problem for most parents. One line at end "Hey kids, ask your parents where babies come from"

Teen, 14 years old Written bydomoresoccer09 July 30, 2018

Teen Titans Go To The Movies

teen titans go to the movies was awesome, funny one of the best movies i have ever seen.

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2018

great family movie

This is a great film for all the family. To start off this is one of the most entertaining animated movies I've ever seen with great humor and action. The characters are likable and the animation is fine but definetley not the best
Teen, 13 years old Written byMrinank05 August 11, 2018

Good and have some good messages

It's a one of the best family movie ever.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Superhero Nerd July 29, 2018

Not Too Bad

This isn't the best movie but it was enjoyable. There is some humor for little kids and some that kids will not get. It tests you Teen Titans knowledge, DC knowledge, and pop culture knowledge. It shouldn't be taken too seriously. There isn't anything inappropriate. If you see it in theaters be sure to stay for the post credits.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMariah56734 July 28, 2018

I thought it was an amazing film! It's a good one to see before the kids go back to school!! Really enjoyed it!!

I think it's a great family film and very enjoyable for all ages!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byMr. Grimm July 28, 2018

A rollicking good time

Dang did I ever enjoy this movie. Like the Lego movie I went in with low expectations just looking to fill a Saturday evening and while teen titans go may not have the heart or depth of the Lego movie it still has rapid fire side holding gags that delighted both the kids and adults in the audience. Is this as good as the original teen titans show? Perhaps not but it isn't trying to be, teen titans go was never meant to replace that show it was ordered to be a comedy and the showmakers delivered on that in commendable fashion in my opinion. Is it the best movie ever? No, but it's hilarious and well worth your time, I and everyone I saw it with enjoyed it thoroughly.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRedmage November 6, 2018

Not as good as the TV series, inappropriate post-ending scene

The songs were silly, but I found much of the story "meh" especially in contrast to most of the TV series' episodes' plots. (Spoiler warning) For some reason, I did not like "Jade Wilson" from the very beginning, and disliked her more after seeing her turn down Robin's offer. And though I am generally fine with mind control being an occasional plot device in many cartoon shows, something just seemed so off about the way it was presented in this movie. (Spoilers end here) The post-ending scene was inappropriate for little children. It would be a good idea to leave the theater before the credits finish rolling.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLaninota8 August 24, 2018

I think this is a really fun, but the humour was kinda funny and disturbing at the same time

(Warning:Spoilers) Today I went to the cinema to see this movie. I thought it was going to be a very bad movie but it really surprised movie. Unlike the series, they don't use a lot of toilet humour. Yeah, there are moments were they use it and it makes you feel a little uncomfortable. But there are very good scenes that will make you laugh a lot. There are also a huge amount of references to other movies like The Lion King, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, etc. It has a good message, but I felt like it was a little similar to My Little Pony The Movie message. It was a pretty decent movie, but the line Robin says at the final : Kids ¡Remember to ask your parent how do babys com...! Was a little annoying, there were lots of kids under age 10 in the cinema and I don't think they knew were do babys come from. But it really made me laugh, it was not predictable at all and I think you should give the movie and opportunity.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJeremiahGary13T... August 3, 2018

Teen Titans Go To the Movies is one of the best kids movies ever this year!!

That movie is the best!!!! I went to see it at the AMC theatres! And It was so awesome and hilarious! The Music is Awesome! The Songs are Amazing and so hilarious!, The Opening is very cool, The Animation is Perfect, And The Characters are the very best in this hilarious movie!!! And Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, And Wonder Women were so amazing in this movie!! And all of the kids loved it alot!! And the end credits were pretty awesome!! And before the end credits roll. The Titans came back with they're old look. And They found a way back from when they used to have they're old animation. And When they told the audience that. They told the kids to tell where babies come from. Which is very interesting. And They also mean that the kids can watch Teen Titans Go Every day only on Cartoon Network!!! Now that's really awesome idea!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymxlky August 1, 2018

Probably better than the show

By the time of me writing this review. I haven't seen ttg's movie. I have was a fan of the show for about two months until I starting realizing how bad it was! But, it seems pretty promising. It's probably better than the show as I can see (and as a bias).
Kid, 10 years old July 29, 2018

As a fan of the TV show THIS WAS WAY BETTER

It is a little darker than the TV show, and the end has Robin saying "kids, ask your parents where babies come from". But if parents get mad about that, boy. There was toilet jokes as in diarrihha poop sang fool and WATCH THE MOVIE ITS GOOD

Teen, 14 years old Written byThatDudeMichael November 5, 2018

DO NOT WATCH

so much cringe and inappropriate for little kids.
Kid, 11 years old October 2, 2018

AMAZING!

Being a fan of the show, I loved this movie! A lot of parents hate this show and the movie just because of some crude humor. If you think the stuff in this is crude, than you shouldn't let your kids watch any minion movies. They actually show bottomless minions in their movies! Nothing in the front of course.