Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny

Yup, it's Jack Black -- with an "R" ... really.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byalpha dragon September 21, 2010

how it inspired me

i luv it inspired me 2 become a rock player like thy play metal and dat inspired me 2 want 2 play guitar im saving up money 2 buy a guitar i luv metal if u guys luv metal thn keep listning 2 it who cares wat ppl think if ur weird well screw thm metal da bomb keep on listning kids peace

Adult Written byMike47290 June 16, 2013

Gargle Mayonnaise?

This movie is rated R for Really Awesome but its for adults.

Adult Written bytvgirl August 10, 2009

Hilarious Buddy Movie

Okay, this movie is really funny. That being said, it clearly is primarily directed toward teenage guys aged 16+ without question. Constant pervasive swearing throughout along with rock music, Jack Black, and sophmoric humor. It's intended for teenage guys without a doubt. It is really funny and worth at least renting once. The F-word is said 100+ times along with sexual slang and explicit sexual references in song lyrics such as "gargling mayonnaise" and a physically impossible exercise called "c--k pushups" in which a male lifts himself off the ground with his erection (later we see graphically what this talent can do to somebody's penis). Also, it is implied that the characters a stoners (we see them after smoking pot, right before smoking pot, and preparing to smoke pot). But when all seen together in the movie, the juvinile humor is actually hilarious and the film as a whole is a light buddy comedy. See it. Watch it. Enjoy it.

Adult Written bysam53 April 9, 2008

ok

Good movie, that 9 year old kid who reviwed it, movies make me :)probobly shouldnt of seen it, but its not that bad.
Adult Written byChris LP April 9, 2008

Sooooooooo funny, but not for kids

This has the most explicit language I have ever heard on a movie so far. F-bombs are constant Sexual slang is too often used. I give it 3 stars and that's being nice.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur July 10, 2016

the only musical I like besides repo

Back when this came out, I wasn't allowed to see it at the time but it was worth the wait, this is an all around fun movie that had me laughing all the way through since it was so silly, I even have merchandise based off of it too plus the poster
Adult Written byfullmetaljacko January 6, 2016

Legitimately 18 and over

I am ten and as much as I love this film I realise that it is soooo inappropriate. Phrases like suck my juicy c.ck and f..k yaself outta a bad situation! Are used along with crispy weed and marijuana. Most of the inappropriate words are mentioned though song. In one scene Jack puts out lasers with an erection.

Parent of a 10 year old Written bygood parent74 April 2, 2011

awsome movie!

Iv'e seen alot funny movies, but this. is halarious!!!!!!!!! trust me, your kids would love it. but I suggest 10+ because it does have a little sexual content. But no sex.

Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny

Pretty funny. Im not Back Black's biggest fan, but this movie made me laugh quite a lot. Impressive.
Adult Written bywhatever9696 April 9, 2008

Hilarious, but not for kids

Jack Black and Kyle Gass are great. CAUTION: this movie contains extremely coarse language.
Adult Written bycba1942 April 9, 2008

It's pretty funny

I enjoyed this movie very much, but that could be because I have always been a Tenacious D fan. I think the movie is full of humor which would appeal to fans of the band, rather than parents. I do not recommend that families view this film as a group because of its content but it's a great friend flick.
Adult Written bykoolmoviebuzzy April 9, 2008