Parent reviews for Terminator Genisys

Terminator Genisys Poster Image

Kid terminator

The terminator might not be a kid-friendly franchise but this movie definitely speaks to kids maybe about 13 and up.

Bad boy

Classic Terminator sequel/prequel with tons of action. In consumerism lots of Terminator VHS and DVD and on.

Great

Its very good but there is alot of swearing and they time travel naked and there is hand to hand kombat ,car chases and gun fights

Terminator you can watch with your kids

Terminator, by its definition, is about violence. This T does a great job of emphasizing values like love, family loyalty, self sacrifice and social responsibility. The original T was revolutionary in its subject matter and is a significant artifact of our modern culture. In 1984, imagining computer software would attain self awareness and then become a threat to humanity was a profound thought experiment. Today it's just an inevitability that we need to address as we pursue AI. ...but there's no way I'm going to watch T1 with my kids! I'm grateful for a version that tells the original story without the horrific gore of the original. Graphic violence is targeted on the terminator robots. The emphasis is on explosions and action scenes rather than gore. Why I'm letting my young daughter watch with us? Sarah Conner is strong and independent. She doesn't need saving. In fact, she saves Kyle Reese. "Pops" (the guardian Terminator) has raised Sarah Conner and is her adoptive daddy. Family loyalty and love is a critical component of the protagonists survival and success. It was a welcome addition to the story. Swear words are peppered throughout the movie, not gratuitously, but present. If swearing or guns bother you, skip this movie. The story and the action are excellent. The humorous Arnold references to the original are hysterical.

Why 14+

Wow. Why 14+? It has language f-bomb once s-word a lot. 9 maybe but I recommend 10 - 12.

O stars