All parent member reviews for Terminator Salvation

Adult Written byDBarto May 23, 2009

Everything goes BOOM

I enjoyed this film. Yes there are a few flaws to the film, but the last 1/3 of the film makes up for every one of the flaws I can come up with. What parents need to know about this is that there are a few parts of this film that are absolutely terrifying, there is a strong language for a PG-13 (ex. Sh*t, hell, d*mn, f*ck, son of a b*tch, *ss), there is a ton of violence, and there is a Terminator concentration camp of sorts where they capture humans and put them (through what we can see) absolute torture just like the concentration camps of WWII. My recommendation of this film is for family s with older teens, Mom may not like this one, and don't even think about taking someone under 12 to see this unless you want them to have nightmares for months. 4 out of 5
Adult Written byaidans1 August 5, 2015
Some dark violence and language
Adult Written byhomealonefan123 April 26, 2014

Horrible 4th installment is a huge waste of time!

Parents need to know that this awful explosion movie is just a waste of time and money. The violence is extreme, there is explosions, dead bodies and more. There is some swearing, and brief sensuality. But if you plan on seeing this movie, don't, it is just awful!
Parent Written bybananatron July 29, 2012

awesome

nice and kid friendly
Adult Written by4Spice June 13, 2010

the movie was ok

this movie was ok not as good as the older terminators 12 and for violence not worth buying watch this after you see all the terminators in order
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byironman2 May 18, 2010

Terminator just got worse

An average film for a terminator film.
Parent Written byPlague February 25, 2010

Terminator Salvation

A good movie, with explosive non-stop action.
Adult Written byMovie Man December 6, 2009

A Pure Adrenaline Rush is a Spectacular Update on the Series.

I loved this movie; it was fast, furious, and had a ton of action. No, it was no masterpiece in film making, but I would definitely consider it a masterpiece of action film making. PARENTS: Although much of the action is fun and fast, it can also be overwhleming and sometimes gory. There is also an attempted rape and some very distressing images. The violence and sexual content is worse in the Director's Cut. I highly recommend it to someone looking for a good time. Thanks for reading - Movie Man.
Parent of a 8, 8, and 11 year old Written byalbs23 December 1, 2009
Adult Written byinfectazombie November 23, 2009
Great Terminator movie, didnt care much for Christian Bale playing Conner, but other than that, a pretty cool movie, and I am a huge fan of Terminator movies!!
Adult Written bygamenerd323 October 14, 2009

Good for adults and older children.

a dark atmosphere and startling images with mild sexual bevavior is basicly what makes this movie inappropiate. despite the tone-down on bad language, the movie is still for adults. This movie is very good though, the special effects are great and the acting is decent, I saw it three times.
Adult Written bymattatcommonsence June 23, 2009
It was so awesome i loved it
Parent of a 12 year old Written byWizard18 June 6, 2009
The Movie Was awesome Appropriate for every Age Group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byPeguin June 3, 2009

Predictable But Satisfying

This mom thoroughly enjoyed this movie as I was screening it for my kids. Good themes of self-sacrifice, doing the right thing (even if told to do what you feel is wrong), loyalty, protecting the innocent, strong female characters. VERY VERY LOUD!!! Dark & violent, of course, but not very graphic, in my opinion. Certainly less violent than the others, thus the lower rating. Really big machines trying to kill people (including an old woman and young girl, who can't talk). A very dark scene of humans rounded up/herded into holding cells reminiscent of a holocaust/concentration camp situation. Oh, & did I mention it's loud? Very nice "full circle" nods to previous Terminator movies, but can stand alone. I honestly did not notice the profanity, and I'm usually pretty sensitive about that, so evidently I found it warranted in the situation, lol.
Adult Written byilikemusik23 May 25, 2009

Fun! But very violent for a PG-13

I had been waiting for the new Terminator movie for a long time and i have to say it was everything i wanted it to be and i couldnt have been more pleased while walking out of the theater. However many kids are going to see the movie since it has a PG-13. I took both my kids to see it and thought it was OK for both of them. However Parents i do not reccomend it for childern under 14! There is Non-Stop Sci-fi War Violence throughout the movie, some language including 1 f bomb and a few jump scenes which may be scary to easily frightended people. The movie also is very loud espically in a theater. If you got kids that are in there last year of middle school or high school then it should be fine for them. Younger middle schoolers parents should check out the movie first before they go and i dont reccomend it for any one younger than 13. Overall: GREAT MOVIE! But just remember even though its PG-13 it's still a Terminator movie...
Adult Written bymonkeywithissues May 24, 2009

THIS MOVIE MAKES STUFF GO BOOM

This is a great movie. I would say kids under 12 this is not there movie. This is the best terminator movie it has more violence more everything then all 3 t movie put together. Be worn d everything goes boom not one thing does not go boom. SEE THIS MOVIE IN THEATERS
Adult Written byMs.Mommy May 23, 2009
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byRomamis May 23, 2009

Action from start to finish

Not too bad of a movie. There is some violence, but I think it is equal to the amount of violence seen in video games and its directed more towards robots and not humans.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bythe_pankake_slayer May 22, 2009