Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Texas Chainsaw 3D

Dumb characters, lots of gore, in seventh Chainsaw movie.

Parent Written bydsmith59 January 5, 2013

Older Teenagers

I loved the Texas Chainsaw movies when I was younger, but I found this one disappointing. So did my 16 year old son. We are horror movie buffs, and he had seen both the 70s version and the 2003 version. He did find this movie scary, but was annoyed by the fact that the year the movie took place in was never revealed. I definitely would not bring my 14 year old to this movie, although she has seen the others she is a scaredy-cat and would not have been capable of handeling the mature subject matter.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez January 6, 2013

not for kids.

this 1974 classic movie based on all the texas chainsaw massacre movies this seventh installment the texas chainsaw massacre 3D is so stupid and a waste of time better left to save your money and go see other film this movie is only for adults and parents you need to know that the texas chainsaw massacre 3D has a lot of bloody intense violence and lots of disturbing images shown such as several heads shown and body parts laying around the mansion house there are some sexual content but never shown there's definelty strong language used and some drinking and drugs used.

Adult Written byMichael Loughrie February 26, 2016

Not bad, but it's just disappointed

It's not bad but just BRUH. really????? why u gotta make it so gory and not scary?????? wtf?????
Adult Written bywonder dove July 1, 2013

Lol, laughed more than I got scared...

This movie wasn't bad, but it was more funny than anything (for me). It had a very genuine 70's feel and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to, until I read the summary again. Was it scary? Not at all, not in the least. Leatherface is absolutely hilarious looking, he's like a normal little guy with a mask on compared to the remake with Jessica Biel and the 2nd one with Jordana Brewster, where Leatherface is big, strong and ugly. The characters are a little selfish, I didn't really care for any of them. When Heather finds out that Leatherface is her cousin, lol it just gets ridiculous from there. It's very watchable and entertaining but something you would only watch to kill time with. It doesn't feel serious enough to be a hardcore horror film like the other ones. Violence is extreme with strong gore and torture. Some chase scenes. There are some shootings and fires. Sexual content has some kissing of a couple, a woman cheats with her best friends boyfriend (just major flirting including removing her clothes - but no nudity), a woman's shirt is unbuttoned where you see partial nudity of her breasts. Outfits are very skimpy. Language has lots of cursing and many "f" words throughout. There is some drinking & minor smoking. 3.5 out of 5! Content is too harsh for viewers under 16!

Adult Written byhobo j. November 16, 2017
Adult Written byBodieJ March 10, 2017

Good

I think 16 because they understand what right and wrong and you don't have to cover there eyes through half of the movie but if someone under that age watches it don't tell them it is based on a true story!

Adult Written bydarthsitkur January 8, 2014

it was AWESOME!!!!! lol

just finished watching this on Netflix and I loved it, it had tons of graphic bloodshed and extreme gore and there was also a bit of action in it too which was great as well :-)
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byEric Z. May 15, 2013

Another lackluster entry in the Leatherface saga

Like the many Chainsaw films that followed the largely bloodless original, TEXAS CHAINSAW piles on the gore – with Leatherface putting his saw to use on several victims, including his own grisly not-so-magic trick of sawing a person in half. But TEXAS CHAINSAW is more than a story about a boy and his power tool: Corrupt policemen, brutish locals, and small-town secrets start playing a big (if not bigger) role than the horror of Leatherface, and the film falls into some sort of horror/crime hybrid that dilutes any terror it succeeded in creating. Uneven, rarely scary, and hobbled by an awkward and unsatisfying conclusion, TEXAS CHAINSAW is yet another sub-par installment in a film series where, nearly 40 years later, the first is still the best. *** VIOLENCE: People are shot, impaled, bludgeoned to death, beheaded, dismembered, skinned alive, and ground into meat. SEX/NUDITY: Heather and Ryan make out, with Heather only wearing a bra on top. Nikki strips to her bra and panties on several occasions. LANGUAGE: Countless four-letter words. A couple mentions of “retard.” *** READ MY FULL REVIEW AT: filmfather (dot) blogspot (dot) com.

Parent Written byTruman B. February 20, 2018

Leatherface taught my children how to get revenge.

Leatherface is a very good role model for my 5 year-old. when a kid was bullying him, he learned about sticking up for himself by shredding the little thot into paperclips. He also learned how to play "Edgy Tag" With the chainsaw. Fun family film for the whole fun family to film. fun family. " homie that mobie pretty gud but leatherface dad lesbian."- Mahatma Ghandi thank you