Parent reviews for That Awkward Moment

Underwhelming sex-themed comedy; lots of strong language.

Parent Written byDan G. February 6, 2014

This movie is all about irresponsible sex

This movie is filled with instances of the male characters combing bars and finding women to seduce into bed and then abandoning them. Honesty is rarely found as they lie their way shamelessly to get their victims to bed. There is quite a bit of male nudity, it seems that Zac Ephron loves to be naked in front of a camera; it happened frequently. Sex is treated consistently in this movie as both a joke, and as only something to be selfishly sought after. Subjecting children to the irresponsible messages in this movie should classify as abuse.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Parent Written bylivoli88 April 1, 2014

Efron disapoints

I was looking forward to this movie, seeing the more mature Efron considering his previous roles years ago on High School Musical. All the girls swooned when he came on, but throughout the movie he was just terrible. The people next to us were on their phones and one even fell asleep during the first half of the movie. I was also looking forward to seeing the character who played "Willard" in Footloose and he was also a dissapointment. Mostly, I was bummed with the plot. It was all about cheating, sex, bar pickups, and one night stands. There was a lot of teenage girls in the movie theater, (despite the rating being R) and it was very disapointing to see that these girls were being shown that one night stands could result in positive relationships and everything being perfect. It was not appropriate for anyone under 14, as there were many sex jokes and lots of joking about 'cocks'. 15 and up would be okay, although I just don't reccomend it considering you don't get much out of it.