All parent member reviews for The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Parent Written byPlague March 15, 2010

The 40 Year Old Virgin

Just the cover should make you giggle. This movie is super funny. Adults and teens will love it.
Adult Written by4Spice June 28, 2010

god funny movie

i love this movie parents no kids too much sex 16 and over
Parent of a 16 and 18 year old Written byspvictoria March 25, 2009

Do not take anyone under 18 to see this movie.

This movie is totally inappropriate for anybody under age 18 in my opinion. The entire movie centers around a man over 40 who has never had sex. Therefore his buddies try to get him 'laid' every chance they get. So...there's a lot of talk about sex. There are some hilarious scenes, but nothing a child or teen should watch.
Adult Written bygsfjelp2021 April 9, 2008

GREEEAT

LOVED IT
Adult Written bydolphinlover9 April 9, 2008

this movie is funny, raunchy and not for kids.

I loved this movie, It's hilarious. But it's absolutly not for kids.
Adult Written bykipwalker44 January 24, 2015

Extremely crude, but very sincere comedy from Judd Apatow

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 28, 2012

40 year old virgin

sensitive man in search of a life partner? Why is it significant that all the different men at the store -- Jewish, black, Pakistani, Caucasian -- behave equally badly around women? How does the movie represent women as peripheral or comic objects in relation to the self-centered but also sympathetic male characters? How does Andy's dilemma serve as a metaphor for other, more often acknowledged forms of insecurity? How does Andy learn to appreciate his difference, even as he tries so hard to "fit in"?
Parent Written byMom 22 May 2, 2012

Walked out of movie!

Considering I walked out of this film due to very inappropriate content, I cannot imagine letting a 14 or 15 year old see this film. They even talk about beastiality!
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

Not for kids at all. But a very very funny movie. Steve Carell is comedic gold and his movies prove this. But these men use women and have no afterthought about it at all, not the best rolemodel for anyone haha
Adult Written byThatKrazyGuy April 12, 2010

This is going to be a classic even 40 years from now

"The 40 Year Old Virgin" is a 2005 dramedy that still is infamous today in 2010. This launched the careers of Judd Apatow, Steve Carrell, Paul Rudd, and Seth Rogen. This comedy is one of the raunchiest, but what gives it its timeless appeal is that once the viewer sees past all the sex jokes and cruse words, there is a message there everyone can agree with: relationships are NOT built on sex. With this message in mind, how can anyone chalk this up with the rest of the mind-less filthy comedies such as "National Lampoon" and "American Pie"? This is a unique dramatic comedy that everyone can get a good message and wondefully quirky romantic story out of. 5/5 stars. WARNING: This movie contains nudity, graphic dialogue, brief implied drug use, and around 100 uses of the F-word. Not for children under 17.
Adult Written bytvgirl April 9, 2009

Vulgar comedy delievers huge laughs and a fantastic message

This film contains relentless sexual humor, 97 uses of f--k and hundreds of uses of other curses such as damn, hell, bitch, c--k, p---y, and discussions including references to disturbing sex acts that most people won't know what they even are. All of that aside, this is a fantastic movie for older teens and adults because of the overall message being that relationships should NOT be built off of sex.
Adult Written bykceemama March 1, 2009

We stopped the DVD

We figured it would be crude and sophomoric, but rented it because it was listed as one of 25 best comedies. After 15 min., we stopped the DVD. I felt like I needed to go shower to get the stink off me. . . P.S. I had to put 17 as the youngest age, but if I could have put NONE, I would have.
Adult Written bymikedrew7738 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bytimmy13 April 9, 2008

It was somewhat childish, but I still loved it!

It was a raunchy, but intelligent comedy about a man coming of age... in a comedic fashion. Steve Carrell is an awesome actor. I wonder why it took so long for him to get discovered.
Adult Written bykarenbx832004 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

HAHAHAHAHA

ok for a second let's put aside all the sex and language and enjoy how funny this movie is, it is hillarious I could not stop laughing although it is highly innapropriate for young teens anyone with a good sense of humor and over 15 needs to see this movie