All teen and kid member reviews for The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Teen, 17 years old Written bydouble E April 9, 2008

How can you not like this movie?

The 40 Year Old Virgin redefines the comedy category. It is one of my favorite comedies of all time, and, I consider myself a movie buff. The sex and language are very crude, but that doesn't take away the fact that the overall outcome of the movie is beautiful and teaches great morals. I'm not saying show this movie to anyone under 14, I'm saying before you guys out there say absolutely no to a 15 yr old, watch it, and think of the overall message it's sending. Greatest comedy of the last 5 years.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybeccabooluvsyou March 16, 2010
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2010

Okay if your kids understand it.

Okay if your kids understand it, but otherwise, you will be getting a lot of questions from them about the content.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 8, 2011

i rate this title NOT FOR KIDS

The good stuff * Role models: Even though this comedy is raunchy, Andy is a stand-up guy who is looking for more than just sex. Something rare in a sex comedy. What to watch out for * Messages: The virgin means well, but he and his friends are crude, lusty, and childish. * Violence: Bloody violence on video and TV screens, as background; some antic mishaps (car crashes, bike accidents). * Sex: Relentless and slangy discussion of sex, some comedic activity, including the appearance of a "trannie prostitute." Non-sexual nudity and same-sex kiss. * Language: Frequent cursing, vulgar references to genitalia and sex. * Consumerism: Generic electronics, coffee, and drinks; specific toys, action figures, and movie/tv references; t-shirts reference bands (Sonic Youth, Public Enemy). * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Drinking, smoking, and pot-smoking.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed September 6, 2009

Good Movie With Conflicting Messages

This movie is absolutely hilarious. There are parts of it that are simply laugh-out-loud funny. It's not appropriate for anyone over sixteen and even then it's iffy. (I saw the cut version at fifteen). The virgin stays a virgin until he gets married but everyone else is a very sexually rambunctious person. It's a really good movie overall for some good shallow humor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChrizCaribbean April 4, 2009
I saw it when I was 10 and my mom recommended it for me then
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovienut April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byNvG Nick February 5, 2016

The 40-Year Old Virgin Review

Sexual? Yes. Drugs? Yes. Stupid? Yes. A funny movie? Absolutely!
Teen, 15 years old Written byGkiller45 September 2, 2015

Awesome funny movie

This movie is extremely vulgar and not for 10 year olds. Its basically all sex jokes and uses extremely vulgar language like p*ssy and f*ck. Not for kids but very funny and awesome for the older ones
Kid, 11 years old December 16, 2013

Cool movie

Good movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaphooey July 21, 2013

funny movie

this movie plot mainly revolves around sex, hence the title. Breasts can be seen often, and profanity is a problem. It is very funny but probably not appropriate for kids under 15.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 22, 2012

Very funny first half, slower more romantic second half

Good movie, but the first half was very funny, and then it got slower toward the end, Lots of sexual content and language
Teen, 13 years old Written byjb223 March 13, 2012

Funny but Not For Kids

Funny Movie but Not For Kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 February 7, 2012

Very funny, vulgar movie

Say what you want about Judd Apatow films, but don't say they aren't funny. While the humor is what could be described as high-school locker room jokes, it all works, and you can tell that a lot of it was improvised, which gives it a natural feel. Steve Carell gives a funny and strong performance as a man who just thought he lost his chance to lose his...you know...but he finds out it isn't always about sex, like he thinks. Looking past the crude jokes, it has a good message.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2012

This movie is all funny no serious like knocked up!

This movie is funnier and better then knocked up and still 60% not for kids and 40% for kids. I only have the unrated verson not the theatrical verson so this is one of the best movies Ive ever seen.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman November 17, 2011

funny

Hilarious. My rating: Strong language, strong sexual content, and pervasive sexual refrences.
Kid, 10 years old October 12, 2011

Funny lots of sex talk.

Funny movie with lots of language and sex. No sex scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 3, 2011
this movie is funny just thinking about it but it has extensive crude humor that's not appropriate for kids but for mature teens it might be acceptable.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBridget000 September 19, 2010
It's like in the middle it confusing to me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 August 25, 2010
Ok movie...But not the best.