Parent reviews for The A-Team

The A-Team Poster Image

"The A-Team" - Parental and Artistic Review.

Sexual Content: Ever the ladies' man, Face makes out with several women—at least one of them a complete stranger—and he's caught in an adulterous relationship. A very attractive assistant is facetiously said to have been hired for her "great personality." Sosa and Face share a sensually violent moment in a photo booth. Later they kiss passionately. At least one woman is briefly shown wearing revealing clothes. A pair of panties is seen on Face's prison bed after a conjugal visit. 4.8 out of 10. Violent/Gory Content: Scores of people are brutally punched, kicked, shot or shot at, held at gunpoint, pummeled and/or hit over the head. Helicopters, fighter jets and small arms let loose what must be hundreds of thousands of bullets and missiles. Multiple aircraft and military vehicles are shot down and/or crash, causing Armageddon-level explosions. A ship, a dock and countless shipping containers detonate and crumple into a massive fireball. Buildings explode into infernos after being bombed. The A-Team's plane gets shot down at 20,000 feet, so they "fly" a military tank (which was in the plane's hold) to safety instead, maneuvering its parachutes and firing its machine guns to "steer" into a lake. A man runs into traffic, causing a head-on collision. Vehicles crash through walls or other structures. Gasoline is used to start fires. Several people are shot pointblank, one in the head (two of them are protected by Kevlar, but we don't know that until after the violent assaults). A noose is placed around Face's neck. Later he latches onto a moving vehicle through a manhole, catching a dangerous ride. B.A. escapes a prison van by "arranging" for another vehicle to drag him away while he's sliding on a blown-off door. He also "skies" down a building, eventually falling and hitting a roof—hard. A man is thrown out of a skyscraper window, freefalling until he's caught by a parachute and a helicopter. Threatening him, Hannibal shoots just inches away from an injured man's head. A crowd is gassed. Men rough up a woman. We see close-ups of a wound or two. Murdock tries to jumpstart an ambulance with a defibrillator—and gets mightily zapped. Murdock's insane piloting knocks B.A. out of a chopper (He dangles by his fingertips). A C-130 and an SUV play chicken on a runway. Murdock intentionally sets Face's shirt on fire with a blowtorch. Electroshock therapy is shown. Hannibal regains consciousness in a crematorium vault, just as the furnace ignites. He escapes only mildly singed, but it's still an intense sequence. 6.7 out of 10. Profanity: At least 2 incomplete "f" words (both used with "mother") and 26 "s" words. Other words include at least 29 "hells," 11 "asses" (3 used with "hole," including 2 in subtitles), 7 "damns," 4 uses of "piss," 2 uses of "bitch," 1 "crap" and 1 "S.O.B." 3 middle fingers are used as well. Religious exclamations and profanities include at least: 5 uses of "Goddamn," 3 of "Jesus," 2 uses each of "God" and "Jesus Christ," and 1 use each of "For the love of God," "For God's sake," "Oh, my God" and "Swear to God." 5.9 out of 10. Substance Use: Hannibal (of course) smokes stogies. Beer and hard liquor show up whenever the team is relaxing or, at least, not directly in the line of fire. There are toasts made before and after a mission. Face reminisces about drinking cheap cabernet with Sosa and says that they were also "doing something else." The team drugs B.A. several times to get him on airplanes peacefully (he hates flying). Hannibal ingests a carefully prepared drug cocktail to make himself appear dead. Antifreeze is said to be used as marinade. 6.2 out of 10. Conclusion: "The A-Team," while not as enjoyable as its TV counterpart, is still a great action film. It has amazing visual effects, a mostly decent script and funny characters. I recommend this film and I give it 7 out of 10.
2 people found this helpful.

Great movie!

This movie has the same amount of violence as its TV counterpart

Good Review.

Great movie about a group of men who are charged for a crime they didnt commit. I think its 11 and up because im 10 and there are some things I didnt want to know. So thats what it is. (BY THE WAY LISTEN TO THIS!!!!).

not interesting

not good

The A-Team is a good action movie filled with non stop violence and parents you need to know that The A-Team has a lot of intense violence some strong language used and some drinking and smoking used such as cigars.

funny but black humored movie is profane

face is a sleaze murdock is crazy hanible is a pot head and ba is a tough guy all to gether they use words like sh*t and one fu*k

I found this remake very well directed but was concerned with the Mr. T character who was less than par

Very fun, very violent T.V. adaptation

I practically loved this movie. It was fun, intense, exciting, and well-made. The cast is fantastic. The action is well-directed. The dialogue is funny and relevant. My only problem with it was the open ending. I don't like open endings. I hate having to wait for a sequel, not to say that I don't want one. Despite the ending, I would give this 3.5 stars, if I could. Parents: This movie is hyper-chaotic and violent, with several intense and somewhat graphic injuries. There is also language, smoking, and some sexual references. Bottom Line: This is a great movie; very fun, very intense, and yet well-made. It's not messy like most chaotic action films. And I like it that way. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man