Kid reviews for The Addams Family (1991)

Dark comedy with macabre humor for teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini November 8, 2014

Crude humor kids don't understand 7+

The Adam's Family is absolutely a hilarious comedy and it's appropriate for 7+! There are a lot of jokes with innuendo, but kids don't understand them. This movie is actually more appropriate for younger kids because the crude humor just slips through their mind and older kids are more likely to understand/notice the jokes. This movie is not very scary either, it's really just hilarious. Good for 7+ or younger depending on your child's maturity level.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySaltieChips September 22, 2020

Kid, 12 years old October 14, 2019

Sometimes inappropriate but good

There are a few sexual refrences, such as when you can hear Gomez and Mortisha ‘Having some fun’ at the auction, or when Gomez was rescuing Mortisha and Gomez was talking about Red hot pokers and leather straps, and Mortisha said to him “Later.” They’re obvious very passionate about each other, and as said in the sequel to Wednesday, ‘Your parents seem to be very intimate with each other.”
The kids were raised in a very peculiar way. In one scene Wednesday try’s to electrocute Pugsly, with her mother not minding so much. In another scene, Wednesday goes after her brother with her knife. Mortisha takes it off her and replaces it with a much larger one, much to the joy of Wednesday.
Violence, the class show has a lot of fake blood, and there are some scenes with sword fighting and torture.
Gomez is sometimes shown smoking a cigar, saying that ‘He had smoked since he was 5, as his mother insisted.’ Alcohol is briefly mentioned and shown.
Hell and damn are the only bad words said to my memory (I just watched the movie for the 26th time) and used barely ever.
Personally, they could’ve toned down the sexual references. I only caught them because of how dirty minded my friends are. They will go over the heads of kids under 11 or 10. All in all, great movie. Anjelica Houston did an amazing job as Mortisha. 10/10.

Teen, 16 years old Written by03Sheldonerdmov... September 9, 2019

Sequel's better. But it's really good.

I enjoy Addams Family. I love the darker comedy. There is no sex or swearing, but there is also no good messages or role models.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCrescentMoon888 June 11, 2019

A Must See Movie!!!

This is an amazing film all the family can watch time and time again it's a much loved classic and is a very entertaining watch for all ages.
Kid, 7 years old June 27, 2018

Just okay

It was hard to understand for a 7 year old.
But otherwise, it was okay.

Kid, 9 years old March 10, 2018

The Addams Family

was a pretty good film. There were some funny scenes and it was not at all violent which I found a bit disappointing but a pretty good movie

Teen, 13 years old Written bylena delibalta March 8, 2018

Very nice and spooky.

Nice casting and the director and producer were excellent.

Kid, 8 years old September 13, 2017

good movie

it is a wonderfully scary movie that is pretty helarius.
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2016

Great movie!

I realy liked this movie. Full of humor and really fun to watch! I would recomend it to kids age 8 and up because it could get wierd... or creepy... But that depends on what type of movies you are in to. I don't like scary movies, so if you if you don't like scary stuff, trust me, I think you might like this! But it does have parts that are a little unsuitable...
The Kids (Wednesday and Pudsy) use many weponds and there is a lot of violece in this movie. The parents are O.K. with the children using violence...

Kid, 9 years old November 1, 2016

Funny, but quite sexy.

A lot of medieval weapons. Guns are fired and electric chairs are used. Mild violence though. Modarate sex, sex references. And strong sexual innuendo! Cigars and one scene of hard alcohol. (Modarate). Really good though. Kids shouldn't take notice of most of the innuendo.

Teen, 15 years old Written bythePrettyDead June 24, 2016
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2015

Strong Sexual Innuendo, but kids won't notice!

Strong sexual innuendo, revolving child molestation, sadomasichism, Uncle Fester and Mortisha having an orgasm in public and some more subtle references. A damn and a hell. Sword fighting, punching, the type of gross macabre humor the show is known for, no one is really injured, except 2 possible deaths of the bad guys. Messages about true family. This movie is definetly very sexual, but this will go over the heads of most viewers under teenage years. Gomez smokes cigars regularly and adults drink, not to exceed.

Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2014

Not For Children Under 7

In the first part there is a girl and she says''Our baby came from a stork and that's how babys are born''and then Wednsday says''our parents had sex'' I was a little shocked but Wednsday is a creepy character as she says that all she things about is homicide which will go over little kids heads but also a little to much skin shown from the wicked widow but in the end it is mostly about teamwork

Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2014

surprises me

I think it was ok surprised about where it was played mentioned sex and the characters were bad role models plus creep camp Counselors other wise ok I guess

Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander June 27, 2013

Fantastic Movie

Despite some crude humor, Addams Family is perfect for families. There are jokes thrown around that kids will understand and some dirty ones that will go over their heads. The only issue the movie had was the silly depictions of violence. Adults and even children are seen either brandishing or actually using weapons or devices of torture. Although it is all comical and nobody ever gets hurt. However not showing consequences for playing with these dangerous tools can lead some kids to believe it's ok to act this way. Otherwise there wasn't really anything else that bad. It's a fun movie that has a lot of memorable one liners.

Kid, 9 years old October 24, 2012

read this it's about the adams family.

brilliant film you should watch it!

Teen, 16 years old Written byDominicboo1 July 4, 2012

Fun and Not Too Inappropriate

The Addamses are a bit darker in the movie, but all in all mild for PG-13. Some mild language. Apparently sexual references. I didn't pick them up, but I have an innocent mind. Kids might be confused at how the Addamses are good guys but they do some mean-spirited things such as taking away a stop sign, leading to an unseen accident. As always Gomez smokes, but should be okay for most 10 year olds, and not too sensitve younger kids.The messages are that sometimes people seeming evil are really nicer than seemingly sweet and loving people, and you could have a large fortune but without friends or family it's pointless to have them.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl4natwolff February 14, 2011

I saw it when I was 7 years old!

The sexy stuff goes right over kid's heads. It's funny!

Teen, 13 years old Written bystar97 November 22, 2010

PG-13 accurate

I liked it. it's funny and just a little scary.