All parent member reviews for The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

Parent of a 4, 8, and 13 year old Written bycalvonni March 25, 2011
I saw this movie so long ago (16 years ago) and loved it. When my teen asked to see it I went to Common Sense Media. The review refreshed my memory, and my husband and I decided to let her wait a couple of years.
Educator and Parent of a 3 and 12 year old Written byMokkadaddy July 24, 2016

Key movie for introducing LGBTI-Themes

I watched Priscilla as a twentysomething when it came out in 1994 and it has helped build my insight and understanding into gay and transgender themes. I had sort of earmarked the film for watching with my twelve-year old son. Recently the issue of joining some of my friends at a Christopher Street day march (which is a huge event in my city, more like a festival) came up and I noticed that my son was somewhat worried to be seen there as being gay is a stigma in his school (seventh grade). To inform his decision of joining me and my friends at the march we watched "The adventures of Priscilla" and my son not only enjoyed the colorful characters, the music, and the beautiful landscapes of the Australian desert, he also empathized with the characters. In the end I took the kids to the zoo, as my lesbian friend's teenage son was also reluctant to join his mother at the CSD-march...
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe July 7, 2010