All parent member reviews for The Adventures of Robin Hood

Parent Written byhasklar September 23, 2011

Old-Fashioned Fun and a great introduction to classic movies

One of the best classic movies to introduce kids to old movies. Equally enjoyable for boys and girls. Teaches kids about tyranny, justice, fair play, sharing with others when you have more and they have less. There is some violence (e.g., fighting with bows and arrows, swords, an attempted hanging) and a little blood, so it's important to watch these scenes with your kids and explain how real violence hurts. But mostly, it's good clean old-fashioned fun, exhilarating and charming. Though the bad prince is a bit effeminate, I wouldn't necessarily characterize this as outright homophobia, as the reviewer on this site does. Also pair this movie with Disney's animated ROBIN HOOD and invite the kids to compare.
Adult Written byhelsingmusique November 9, 2014

It's Just Campy Fun Now

The Adventures of Robin Hood was made in 1938, and I fell in love with this movie the first time I saw it, I wished I had seen it as a child as I can just imagine how much of a fun journey that would have been. It's a fantastic film and if you like any other Robin Hood movies, you have to watch this, at least once. You won't regret it.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe September 14, 2010
One of my most favorite versions of Robin Hood! Errol Flynn does an awesome job playing Robin! Sure to be a hit and a family favorite :)
Educator and Parent of a 10, 10, and 13 year old Written bysbatt November 19, 2009

We loved men in tights!

Funny, high energy, just a good time movie! I highly recommend it.