Kid reviews for The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D

Kids will love the 3-D aspect of this movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byreppinnewjersey August 16, 2013

Dont judge by the cover! A+ for me!

You know what? i am a 12 Turning 13 yr old female entering Middle school. It was on Disney Channel twice. I remember dearly when i was 5 years old i would watch this and be obsessed. I remember how i would over watch this movie and enjoy the action. Now, a teen, i watch it again. I understand it now. This movie is simply Outstanding the life lessons you learn is astounding! Ex. "...Dream a better dream, than make it reality." & "When you make your dream a reality, reality becomes a dream." & "Everything that is or was began with a dream." This movie is simply inspiration to me! It encourages me to fantasize, create, think, then Do! I'm sick and tired of people criticising this amazing movie! I AM 13 AND I ONCE AGAIN FELL DEEP IN LOVE WITH THIS MOVIE! Don't be fooled, this isn't some stupid movie for 2 yr olds. It gives some deep lessons to work for what you want, and live it. Anything is possible. I even cried! America is dissappointing me these days. As an American myself. You people do not know good movies, if this is so "God Awful", i heard. Watch it yourself. Don't judge by the cover. Open your mind up a little. I did. You can too. ♭♪☆
Teen, 14 years old Written byMillyMolly December 17, 2010

Awesome

Great dn creating movie. Good rolemodels.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobowilm December 10, 2015

This really shouldn't exist.

This movie sucks.

Kid, 7 years old September 14, 2010

NES In The Graveyard

I Think This Movie Is Great But I Did See Something Interesting ...You See When The 3 Land In The Dream Graveyard When They Walk Over To The Big Head Thing If You Look Next To Sharkboy And Pause You'll See An NES Controller I Know It's Weird (This Could Mean Disney Might Know (NINTENDO) Woo hoo!) Um.........Just Check It Out Bye : )

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

An adventure for kids of all ages!

Awesome
Teen, 17 years old Written bylmstevens March 4, 2016

Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

Bad Special Effects, but Great in 3D

The special effects are terrible and look really homemade. The evil character Mr. Electric might scare very small kids. Don't see in 3D until your kid is 7, because stuff will come right at you like vomit and exc. Cute movie though. My favorite part was the land of cookies, cake, ice-cream exc. But since this movie is about nightmares it might give small children nightmares. Oh, and Sharkboy, Lavagirl and Max almost die multiple times.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMiguel A. February 9, 2016

This movie may be great for kids, but for teens or adults......too childish. Don't bother just don't
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2010

There Is No Problem Here!

I like this movie it has really good action kind of??? i really loved the lalas,there cute.In 3D it was a pretty good movie!!!

Kid, 10 years old September 21, 2015

Shark/lava

One of the best movies I've seen since I was six years old. I think you should be about six years old to watch this movie because it is a little it disturbing for younger children than six years old. This movie could give your child nightmares because there is a lot of characters that could show up in nightmares in this movie that show up in a boys night mares in this movie.

Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2014

Why can't I rate this "0."

Don't let your children watch this. Sharkboy and Lavagirl is in the same bucket as "Teletubbies." Meaning it will damage your children's brains. I'm serious. This is the crappiest movie this director has made. (He has also directed "Sin City," "Machete Kills," & "Spy Kids." - so that's not saying much.) He was definitely intoxicated when he directed this film. In the bonus material, he explained that his 3-year-old son scribbled over a sheet of paper, so he decided to turn it into a film.
Kid, 9 years old May 29, 2017

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddd

would give it 0 stars if I could.

Kid, 10 years old April 17, 2017

STUPID MOVIE

i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it

Teen, 13 years old Written byKkkj August 12, 2016
It's very thrilling and exciting.it shows that no matter what people think of you,you can do great things.maxs parents are going through a divorce so it shows kids,teens,adults what happens sometimes in life when things just don't go your way.lava girl is desperate to find her inner self,but fails to believe she is more than just a flame.sharkboy has gone through tough times before becoming this cool brave character.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke54 May 29, 2015

the worst movie I'v ever seen

This movie is terrible its so bad its good. What mean its so bad its good is that its so badly written so badly acted and so badly made its enjoyable in way that you can make fun of it and making fun of it is enjoyable. People probably say oh well you don't under stand your a teen because its meant for kids. Kids can have non stupid movies like Arthur christmas and E.T but the thing about sharkboy and lavagirl it makes no sense. Like sharkboy's origins storey like how he grow fins and shark like teeth because he got raised by sharks, and lava girl doesn't even have a back story he just was there. theres also pointless scenes like when lavagirl lost her foot but she just stuck back again and another scene where lavagirl gets frozen but just bursts out of the ice. I don't think it has any message in it and if it does what the hell is it that if you dream hard as you can everything well be fine. Thats a terrible message because it isn't true.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamuel M. July 24, 2013

Sharkboy and Lavagirl: A half-baked superhero adventure

What do you get when the director of Spy Kids does a take on Wizard of Oz? You get Sharkboy and Lavagirl, a fantasy adventure starring two young superheroes born from the mind of a shy young boy, alongside a whole nother universe with an ocean of milk, fudge-spewing motorcycles, and more. However, while kids may enjoy the vibrant playground especially in 3D, the movie itself is actually quite awful. The movie is fueled by literally nothing but Razzie-worthy visual effects and crummy screenplay. It simply falls flatter than flat at every turn, even with its countless number of bells and whistles. However, kids will be too immersed in the movie's world to even care about the movie's ample shortcomings. Word has it that most of the movie was conceived by Rodriguez' kids; believe me, I can tell.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMagicWondefulRedBlob September 30, 2015

Really.

Why 2 stars? D: I watched this when i was 6, It blew my mind.

Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byogaboga April 9, 2008

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! save me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! this movie was like..... TERRIBLE! i wanted to get out when i walked in. the script was bad . it was like worse then spy kids... and i hate spy kids.this is a disgrace to all movies.....NEVER SEE IT!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bysweetangelkitten May 7, 2017

Terrible Story and Graphics

This movie is indeed kid friendly, but the story is dumb and the graphics are so cheaply made... It was hard to even watch the whole thing. I have to pause it 4 times and take a little break to make it through this piece of trash... I wouldn't bother showing this to your kids or even watching it yourself...