Parent reviews for The Adventures of the Wilderness Family

Great family adventure tale has scary animal battles.

Based on 1 review

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byMama T. December 5, 2017

family film with some bear & wolf encounters

No sex scenes. Parents do kiss on the lips but quick and not sexual. No violence or bloody scenes. Predator danger is limited to animal growls and chasing the kids/adults but their dog ALWAYS comes to the rescue and ALWAYS comes off unharmed somehow. The daughter also tends to scream a bit much. No alcohol/drug-use. Good message about simplifying life away from consumerism and starting anew together as a family. ......................... My kids love this movie and the 2 following movies. The LA family moves to middle of nowhere wilderness for the sake of the sickly daughter. They all learn how to live in their new surrounding. So some foolish decisions (i.e., not bringing a gun along when they're roaming around bear and wolf country) abound but they're able to escape all animal-predator dangers somehow with shouting, their dog's defense, etc. It's not very realistic but I appreciate that it wasn't gory or violent. For the humans or animals. Well, except for the chickens and goats in movies 2 and 3 but they don't show the scenes. We're just told.