Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for The Angry Birds Movie 2

Funnier sequel still has silly action, potty humor.

Parent of a 6 year old Written byTampaJim August 25, 2019

Fun movie for all ages!

My boys love the game on the iPad, and this movie does a great job of bringing them to life. More family friendly than part one!
Adult Written byC77 August 22, 2019

Super cute (surprisingly)

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first movie, but really enjoyed this one. It does have potty humor and the words "crap" "freaking" and "butt" are used but they don't sound vulgar, just crass. The story line is better put together than the first and so funny. I would want to watch this again.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byElliott and Gwen August 20, 2019

The best Sony animation movie ever!

Very fun! Great for the whole family.
Adult Written bysalisamom August 19, 2019

Unnecessarily crude but had some fun moments

It's far from a great kids' film but not the worst I've seen in the last couple years. Marginally better than the first one but less appropriate. A lot of crude and suggestive humor that hopefully goes over kids' heads. The short at the beginning was fantastic though.

Overall, expect potty humor and some suggestive and very adult themes. There are some laughs, it is exciting enough to keep kids entertained. I wouldn't recommend it though. This might just be my theater, but the previews before this movie were definitely aimed at an older audience, many containing language and violence.
Adult Written bykoa74974 August 18, 2019

Adult jokes

Two birds land on top of each other.

Parent of a 2, 7, and 11 year old Written byjim from maine August 17, 2019

Go support decent kids films

Not quite as good as the first. Just like Toy Story 4, they took the theme in a slightly more adult direction. Wish they wouldn't do that. Nothing really objectionable. (But the short film that was the lead-in for Angry Birds was meant for high school-age kids, and the "Malificent" preview was dark and evil......why show that prior to a little kids movie?? Thanks, Hollyweird....) I do hope that people will go to this, because there are precious few decent kids movies being made, and we have to support the ones that come out.

Adult Written byMommakri August 16, 2019

Depends on your personal judgment

It was a lot funnier than I had anticipated. My son is only 6 and there are quite a few jokes that were borderline inappropriate for anybody under teenage years. Hopefully those jokes go over the head but if they happen to start looking things up or asking their friends "hey what does this mean?" it could be sticky. For example they use the song turn down for what which they cut the lyrics so it's not an appropriate in that moment however these kids can look things up on the internet now and that will be a whole can of worms for you and your family to deal with. On top of that there's a scene where there are some inappropriate selfies that could just seem like fart humor sort of thing to a young kid but actually insinuate more. I guess just figured I would mention to you jojosiwa is in the movie and they could have in my opinion came up with an angry bird song by jojosiwa and made even more money while remaining child-friendly but hey I guess that's up to them.
Adult Written byLegaciesUpright August 14, 2019

All that's needed to be said:

The only sequel that's better than the original!
Parent Written byChanoch L. July 19, 2019