Kid reviews for The Autopsy of Jane Doe

The Autopsy of Jane Doe Poster Image

watch it first before allowing your kids to watch it

I would not say it is scary more goriness than anything!! It shows the actress Breasts and it shows her Regina for a brief moment! It was good but I would not watch this with you kids if they are under 16!

Masterful, unnerving horror film gives you legitimate goosebumps.

There is so much to like about this movie. Every single second of it, I was on the edge of my seat. By the time the final shot was revealed, the whole thing felt so complete. The ending just made it seem so much scarier. I don’t get scared by horror movies a lot, and this will probably not have me sleeping with my lights on, but this is one of the scariest I’ve seen. Check this one out.

Really clever, scary horror film

Honestly one of the cleverest, scariest, most exciting films I have ever watched. Sexual 2/10 naked woman but that’s it, violence 6/10 shows a brain and organs on operating table and blood sprays out a little bit, language 6/10. overall I would rate this a 10/10 and would say 14 and up.

Well done horror movie

This movie is really well done even though it only takes place in a morgue for most of the movie. For almost half of the movie, both the father and his son (a coroner and a coroner in training) do an autopsy on a young woman. Though it may sound boring, it keeps you on your toes with each new thing they find out about the “Jane Doe.” The woman is naked for the whole time and there are frequent scenes with her bare breast shown. One part has brief full frontal nudity, but nothing is really noticeable the first time you watch it. Most scenes are really intense and very graphic with much gore. The end of the movie has lots of violence and animal lovers beware, there is a part with an injured cats neck being snapped to put it out of its misery. Overall I think this movie was great and people who are okay with gore should definitely watch it.

There is a little bit of nudity, but it is only breasts and it is shown on a corpse, not in a sexual context. There's a bit of swearing but nothing super bad. There is a lot of gore as the movie shows an autopsy being preformed and there are a few violent character deaths and a gruesome crime scene. It's a pretty good movie if you like horror and mysteries, and remains really interesting throughout.

review

it was a very good movie

I had a rollercoaster of emotions...

This movie was extremely scary, many dead bodies and nudity throughout the whole movie. Very disturbing images and bodies being cut open. Very clever and interesting though.

A good thriller!

This movie fulfills itself as a horror movie. A 3rd of the movie is spent digging through a naked corpse. This was of course expected since it's an autopsy. I think if a person can handle a tiny bit of gore. A small jump scare and a womans bare chest then its perfect!

Very scientifically accurate.

The 4/5 that CSM gives this movie is absurd. There is a fair amount of nudity like breasts being shown but it's on a corpse and never in a sexual context. The sex mark would be more accurately set at about a 2/5 for the brief mentions of "getting laid" and such. I think the social settings during the set up of the movie show healthy communication between adults both in a romantic setting and between father and son. The familial bond between the two main characters makes this movie so enjoyable to watch and makes the ending even more heartbreaking and shocking. The acting is a little wobbly at times but the actors appear to have a very realistic bond between them and good emotional connection. Violence is the obvious main concern for this film, as it involves a lot of surgical incisions and autopsies. If dissections are a trigger for you or if you are squeamish about surgical gore, then this movie is not for you. There is a corpse shown with its eyes and mouth sewn shut, one with its face blown off, and one shown completely charred. Main characters die, a woman is shown with her tongue cut out, there are charred lungs. People extract objects from inside someone's organs (stomach, I think), including a human tooth. If religion is a prominent thing in your family, please be advised that satanic rituals and the consequences thereof are both explained and shown to be real/effective, though they are not without serious consequence. The witch trials in late 17th century New England are mentioned, and the plot wrap-up might be a little confusing if the viewer is not well-read on the topic. Last thing (I know this is one long review), but the cat does die. If you are particularly sympathetic towards animals, especially felines, steer clear. Also corpses of beloved main characters are shown at the end of the film. Overall good film, but not for the squeamish or younger teens.