Kid reviews for The Backyardigans: Super Secret Super Spy

Spy caper for preschoolers with gentle action.

Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2016

Awesome kids' movie

I dis agree with the 13-year-old viewer; I personally think that this is an awesome kids' show and I loved it when I was little! It has awesome songs, catchy funny parts for kids and parents alike, and cool animation plus fun life lessons! I have to say that Backyardigans is the best you can get for a kids' cartoon and you can't go wrong with this classic show. Five stars!

Teen, 17 years old Written byar00ster December 24, 2019

A silly, imaginary classic that I think more young kids should watch

I am 17 years old and I will be 18 next month. I first watched the backyardigans when I was around first grade age and to this day I still think the show is full of imagination (at least more than other kids shows these days ie. Peppa Pig) and I remember my excitement the time they announced this two part special. International Super Spy is perhaps the best of the backyardigans specials and definitely the best for younger kids. I watched this special with my brother and I tried to figure out why I loved this short so much and I found that I still love it for the same reasons albeit a few elements that are more for little kids but with shows aimed at a younger audience you kinda have to let it slide. All that being said, here is what I loved about this special:

1. The music in this special is AWESOME! Everything from the sax riff that plays whenever Pablo is on screen to the jazzy dance sequences to the lady in pink song, the music here is unlike anything you’ll see in a show aimed at a younger audience. It’s not hardcore jazz because that would kinda be too much for younger kids to handle but it’s good enough that I start moving around in my seat listening to these tunes. I even think they got Cyndi Lauper to perform the lady in pink song which very few kids shows would be willing to do and Backyardigans is known already for having celebrity guest such as Alicia Keys in Mission to Mars.

2. The humor in this show works! Here’s why: the characters aren’t actually in these locations, they are using their imaginations to make it so that it seems like they’re doing all these spy things. So whenever they make a crucial spy mistake such as Pablo saying “Hey Austin” who is supposed to be his undercover guy, it’s forgiven because there is no tension that anything actually bad will happen to the characters and makes it funny. Now everything I just said only works in a show aimed at a younger audience and the way it’s done here shows just how well the people behind this show understand kids entertainment. This is why I can enjoy watching this special after all these years.

3. The characters are relatable to kids and it engages their imagination.. They don’t feel like they take what’s happening too seriously so they can act as freely as they want and be as funny as they want. What I mean by funny is entertaining to themselves. It reminds me of a time when I used to play pretend with my friends and brothers and we’d just have a blast. This is the way kids play and imagine.

This special shows all the best aspects of the backyardigans and is definitely something your kid will enjoy.

Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2019

I kinda like it still.

I used to LOVE this when i was little. Its fine. I have some good memories watching this. I think The Backyardigans is kinda meh in genarl, but i still kinda like this. Of course, the last time i watched this was five years ago. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byzouzou85 December 10, 2018

This is great for children!

Teen, 17 years old Written byIlovethebackies August 3, 2018

Austin

Austin makes a great secret contact. The roles are cute and the songs are good. Any one who says this is Bad and stupid you haven’t watched all of it. You probably watched part 1.

Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2018

THE BEST MOVIE/DOUBLE LENGTH EPISODE I EVER SAW!!!

Spies, Gadgets, Villans, A transforming vehicle, EVEN CYNDI LAUPER? Those Things I Listed There Are The Reasons Why I Enjoyed The Whole Thing. The Musical Numbers Are, SO AMAZING, That It Makes Me Nearly Cry Everytime When They Go To Have A Snack, So That Is Why The Movie Is Good

Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2010

Perfect for 2-4 year olds

This movie is for young audiences

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 10, 2010

what the heck??!

what the heck?!! This movie is the dumbest thing nick jr. has ever thought of! And no one should ever watch it! why do all u you give it 4 or 5 stars and say it's a great movie?!!! It's boring and stupid stupid and boring i tell u!!!! And if you guys agree with me u can compliment my review if u don't compliment it that means u like this movie. And i doubt any of u like it.
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2009