Kid reviews for The Bible

Biblical reenactments are theatrical and very violent.

Wondering if The Bible is OK for your kids?

Teen, 17 years old Written bysarahr_777 April 4, 2013

Great!

I think this was an AMAZING series. I saw it on the History Channel, it was such a good movie. It helped show many interesting yet informative stories in the Bible. However, There were some scenes that i think went a little too detailed with things that didn't need to be shown into such depth, especially with an audience that may involve younger children watching with their families. Overall i thought it was a pretty good series.

Teen, 17 years old Written bybrodyman1219 October 20, 2020

good movie i recommend it very indie not very popular spread the word on this movie. book is better tho

Teen, 17 years old Written byHoly-Christian-Kidz December 7, 2018

THIS IS THE BEST PIECE OF LITERATURE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!1111!1

This book is amazing it taught me soo much stuff, it taught me about Jews and God, and even more Jews! This book is the so great, it let me learn that Moses is a pretty epic sailor! Also, I liked the part when Cthulhu came out of hell and began Ragnarok. Ḥ̸͋ȅ̷̗'̶̨̩͈̇͒̉s̵̍̓͜ ̶̣̰̽̈ơ̵͚̟̺͌ǘ̸̮̮͈r̷̺̎͗̚ ̵̥̪̪̓̏̀ŝ̷̺̬̦̕a̴̰͍͑́̊v̷̢̳̳̀̒͗i̵͔͎͐͑̍ö̸̠́̐r̵͓̱̲͐̕,̸̨̜̎ ̶̩̙̦̆t̶̰̮̲͌̍ḧ̴̲͓͕ę̷̼̂̓̈ ̸̟̱͂d̴̡̬̈́͜a̵̛̛̰̥̾y̵̘͖̆̉̐ ̵͓̬̒̊̅ô̴̧̧̻̌f̴͓̓ ̸̝̝͖̄͋r̷̩͂e̸͖̎́t̸̯͓̟͗͐r̷̛̮͘i̷̺̼̚b̸̦̫̩͆̽͝u̴̬͖͗͌ṱ̴͚̹́ḯ̶̳̂̑ö̸̘̹ͅn̴̖̉̓ ̴̺̾w̸̧̯̮̏̾ī̸̥l̷̰͚̉̉ḷ̵̕ ̴̢̜͖̆͆̿c̵͍̑̐̚ỏ̵̘͛m̴̥̦̀̑e̴̘͎̓̇͌.̸̮̅ Anyways, I loved it. Bye, and Have fun being christian.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBaby shark do November 16, 2018

Great but gory

I mean this show is relly cool and it shows lots about the Bible. Now I understand deeper a lot more stuff about the Bible but there is lots of little kids bing killed in gruesome ways. Which I do not approve of.

Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2017

Really realistic

Loved it! It was realistic like what happened in the bible. Sure, a lot of gore, but it is based purely on the bible. The violence was sometimes painful for me to watch, but I do recommend people to watch this mini-series.

Teen, 17 years old Written byhere'saclown August 6, 2017

Kid, 10 years old December 8, 2014

GOOD BUT DISTURBING. IF YOU HAVE A MATURE 10

This tells about the bible but is very violent. It is apparently true which is not that bad and it teaches kids who go to church. It is a great show. It is rated tv-pg. RED 0 -9. ORANGE 10-12. Green 13+

Teen, 13 years old Written byShadow21 December 6, 2014

Awesome lessons spoiled with graphic violence

First off, I don't know what it means by DVD release. It's a series, and it's rated TV-14, not NR. I think it's a really great show, but its flooded with bloody violence, starting from Samson destroying the Phillistines, to Jesus being crucified. In many episodes, people get their eyes taken out, throat cut, some result to cannibalism(you can see people getting dragged away while others eat the flesh off of a human bone), and some get bloody lashings. Also, it has a kind of airy slowness like you get when you see an action film in theaters, and it makes the violence seem a lot more graphic. TV-14 is right.

Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2014

Gripping miniseries is very violent

Violence- 5 (Strong Violence)

Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2014

Bible

This is the truth showing Gods great glory. Everyone should see this it is amazing and inspiring.

Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2014

Great Depiction of Biblical Events Staying True to the Scriptures

This accurately goes through most of the bible and I never get bored of watching it. Crucifixion is brutal.

Teen, 14 years old Written byploopy45 June 6, 2013

Wonderful!!! !

Great show! A good one for any Christian. Can be scary though.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie/gamefan April 24, 2013

the bible

its just violence this show has but it was okay i guess

Teen, 13 years old Written byBluesky123 March 20, 2013

Awesome Show!

I think this is a great series! It lacks explanation on what it's showing, though, so it's helpful to have a bible on hand while watching this show to follow along. There is a lot of violence which most teens can handle, but some of it to me was a little disturbing. But overall, great series!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAbe1998 March 14, 2013

Good show, not 100% true to the Bible however

Pretty accurate show based on the Bible. However, it's not exactly like the Bible, unfortunately. There were some parts that were changed (for example, in the story of "David and Goliath," instead of David going down to the river to get the rocks, he just picked up a few stones were he was standing. In the story of "The Fiery Furnace," the guards didn't burn up like it said in the Bible. There is also little reference to the Holy Spirit, which of course is a big role in the Bible and the Spiritual life.) The violence is pretty strong, including disturbing imagery and many fighting scenes with punches, spurts blood, weapons, etc; one scene shows people getting their throats slit (blood trickles very visibly down this one man's neck,) a giant is beheaded (while not too graphic, you can see his silhouette and blood dripping from the wound,) and a man commits suicide by falling on his own sword (blood comes from his mouth when he does so.) As far as sexual themes go, there are prostitutes, references to having kids, childbirth, and an episode Samson and Delilah lay in bed together loving each other (it sort of made me feel uncomfortable, but there was no nudity or sex.) Adultery, and whores are mentioned, and Abraham is seen coming out of a tent with a woman lying in the bed with no shirt on (only her bare backside is visible however.) No language at all. Overall a pretty good show that I would recommend for ages 13+

Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2013

Awesome!

I'm really glad to know that the people who made this did a really good job of making it. I mean this was just great. It was graphic and violent,but it's the bible and it was true. I'm a kid and I watched this,and I think all the christian kids should too.

:) God Bless Those Who Watched This!

Kid, 9 years old March 10, 2013

BEAUTIFUL!

Oh, wow. This is in fact very violent, but this is what Christian kids need to know. They need to know what has happened in the Bible. This is one of the best shows i have ever seen in my entire life! I think anyone what can understand the Bible as a book should watch this show.