All teen and kid member reviews for The Blues Brothers

Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 February 28, 2010

Language is all, otherwise, enjoy! :)

My dad showed the to my ten year old sister and I and we loved it! Not any blood, and super funny! Great music legends like Cab Calloway and Ray Charles, so that makes it sort of educational. My dad would pause it and tell us about the musicians. Super fun!!! The only thing is language because ALL swear words (yes, including f***) are in this film. That's the only real reason this is rated R. There is an episode of Drake and Josh that has things based on this movie! They sing "Soul Man" and they play a brief clip. This movie is a-okay! Just make sure your kid KNOWS swear words are bad and is not young enough to not understand they're bad and start saying them. 10 should be fine (if you've got a good kid) ;)
Teen, 13 years old Written byJ-dog21 March 23, 2009

3rd favorite movie!

3r favorite movie, just barely passed R rating by saying F**K too much
Kid, 12 years old September 17, 2013

A Fun and Enjoyable Ride with The "Bad" Brothers!

This is fun and orignal classic that i enjoyed watching with my brother and my dad. Lots of language, and you're going to see the baddest and most naughty acts by two "badass" brothers Elwood and Jake, one just getting out of jail, as they have the whole city of police chasing them around Chicago. They would never get caught though- because they're on a mission from God. The guys are so likable, especially by teens like me. Overall, great classic comedy/action film you HAVE to see.
Kid, 10 years old March 3, 2013

Great Movie, but swearing.

The Blues Brother's is (in my opinion) a movie in the hall of fame. This movie has a great, positive message and is VERY funny. Yes, I am only ten, but I appreciated the the movie greatly. If you have been looking at other people's reviews, you would have noticed everyone is saying there is a lot of swearing, THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! Even though there is still a lot of swearing, I would recommend the UNRATED version of the movie for kids 13 years old, to 15 years old. That is the version that I watched. Besides the swearing, there is a lot of famous R&B and Blues artists including Cab Calloway and Aretha Franklin. The songs in this movie are AWESOME!!!!!! There is actually some people who still support nazis in the movie, and they are yelling words discriminating people of the African-American race (but just for a short minute.) If your kid has heard a lot of bad words, and is smart enough not to use them, YOUR KID IS READY.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDwc13th March 19, 2016

Great movie for all but about 15 f words 1 n word and are about 100 middle fingers in 10 seconds 10 s words

Great movie some language will be rated r now to but totally appropriate no sex nudity or illegal drugs
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2014

Hilarious action comedy

Language- 4 (Moderate Coarse Language)
Teen, 14 years old Written byThedude68683 May 2, 2015

it is HYSTERICAL

these 2 men named John Belushi and Dan Akroyd made a comedic duo as real life buddies. This is their best SNL skit turned into a movie. Brilliant jokes even though its a flimsy plot you'll be humming these catchy tunes like she caught the katy and saying we're on a mission form god before you realize whats going on
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2012

AMAZING MOVIE

AMAZING FILM! The reason I say violence is they drive over a bridge and through a mall. I put sex because, and I don't know if anyone remembers this, but when Jake is getting out of prison at the beginning of the film,and he goes to get his items, there is a brief mention of a condom in the box of items. Language is mostly f--- and s--- , but not as often as those box office rated R films. The Grey has many more f bombs than this movie. IT'S STILL A GREAT MOVIE!
Kid, 2 years old December 28, 2011

Mature kids

Its not super bad, older kids could watch it. 7, 8, and older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFlowerpower8760 July 5, 2015

I've seen it but...

It's actually pretty good, but they say f--k a lot and there is also a lot of violence.
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2015

Funny, but not the best family movie night

This movie is hilarious, but kids 10 and under who have not experienced Saturday Night Live will not get all the jokes. It has several f***, and other swear words. Think about it before you let it slide.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 April 29, 2012

just plain great

the best
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 6, 2011

Absolutely hilarious; language is just about the only thing that makes this successful SNL spinoff rated R.

My rating: PG-13 for language, some comic violence, and for frequent drinking and smoking.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySirkin reviews June 20, 2012

Sirkin reviews

In my words if your a John Belushi fan you should watch this its one of his last movies
Teen, 15 years old Written byvette543 June 16, 2010

Ok for everyone over 15

I personally think that it is fine, the cussing in front of the nun is comic....
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2016

Great movie for the family to watch.

I saw this movie when I was 8. My sister was 5 and she watched it with me. We enjoyed it very much. Just a bit of swearing, drinking, and violence. Not too much though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 2, 2011

great for most ages

great movie for about any age if you're not concerned about some language and and reckless driving shouldn't even be r rated i love this movie its funny and clever.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIronman1963 July 1, 2010

Without language would be PG-13

This is one of my favorite movies it's extremly funny. It's not very violent, there are a few scenes were someone tries to kill Jake an Elwood but those scenes are really not bad at all. The only problem with this movie is the frequent language, if the movie did not have so much profanity it would easily be either PG-13 or PG, so it really depends on what your view of profanity is, but most likely if your kid is in middle school they probaly hear words as bad or worse than those in the movie.
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2010

Great Movie!!!

Amazing Movie!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowclaw46 December 30, 2009

My all time favorite movie

When I first read Common Sense's review, I was shocked to find out that this movie was a CULT classic. It should be a classic peiord. I love this movie. This is my all time favorite. Now im not saying that it's the greatest movie ever made, because that title goes to "Forest Gump", but thats another story. Now This movie dose contain some strong language, but if you compare it to a movie like "Scarface" or "Stand By Me" or "Die hard" then it's not that bad. There is a very subtle sense of humor, and when it's not subtle, then it's distructive. Why is this my favorite movie? Well one reason is because of the Charecters of Jake and Elwood Blues, two of the greatest movie charecters of all time. But it's mainly because of all the things that this movie has to offer. Likeable charecters, great car chases that must have taken months and Thousands of dollars to pull off, spectactular music, and memborable moments and lines. There is honestly nothing that I can say bad about this movie. If you haven't seen this masterpeice then why are you still reading this review? Go get the movie and watch it now, because it truly is one of the greatest movies ever made.