Kid reviews for The Bodyguard

The Bodyguard Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Great, suspenseful movie

I think that the bodyguard is a movie that if it didn't have like the ten f words in it it would be pg-13. It also depends on how much your kid could handle violence and suspense. The whole thing is very suspenseful and the plot is disturbing. As far as violence goes, this is not very gory compared to other rated r movies. It is very scary in some scenes like the plot is that whitney houston is being stalked and the stalker is sending her letters with the words the b word . turns out he was not the one trying to kill her. There are a couple of riots at concerts a that are scary. There is a scene in minnesota at night when frank(kevin costner) hears the dog growling by the singers room. He loads his pistol and runs upstairs and kicks down the door. But someone downstairs is shot and frank chases the shooter in the woods. The ending when we find out who the killer is. Is very intense. He has a gun and is aiming for the singer when she is onstage. He shoots but frank takes the bullet and shoots him. The scene is very bloody. Some drug use like smoking and drinking. there is one scene where frank and Rachel are in bed. But nothing is shown.

Some Small Info

I think this movie tells a great story and honors the late Ms.Houston. I also must warn you that there is a scene where Rachel (Whitney Houston) is sleeping in only a bra and skirt with Frank (Kevin Costner).

Look Past The Rating

The movie One Day (which is rated PG-13) and the movie Something Borrowed (which is rated PG-13) makes the Body Guard (which is rated R) look chaste. Any thirteen year old could watch this movie. At first when I watched it (knowing that it was rated R) I expected intense violence harsh language and graphic sexual content. Instead there was only brief language only mild violence and a love scene that would be for movies rated PG. My parents who usually would never let me watch a rated R movie, allowed me to watch this one because they knew it was ok. Look past the rating. ew