Kid reviews for The Book of Henry

The Book of Henry Poster Image

Great movie with amazing role models

It’s a good movie about a very smart kid the king of smartness Henry there’s lots of positive role models and messages it’s a very good film I highly recommend it but there is some language used by Henry and his mom one use of”f—k” and Henry says g-d d——t in the kids tell their mother that shes doing the middle finger wrong

First movie that has made me cry

The Book of Henry is definitely one of the saddest movies I have ever seen. It is heartwrenching and depressing, but the ending is just plain annoying. I won't give any spoilers, but I just absolutely hated the ending. The rest was incredible, though. Things to know: Great messages- 2/5 The whole story revolves around an abusive stepfather and a boy who is trying to save the stepdaughter. Great role models- 1/5 The boy, Henry, was a decent role model. He was brave and a good kid, but he wanted this abusive guy dead. Obviously, this abusive guy deserved to be dead but he also deserved to rot in jail. Anyway, the abusive guy was awful. Violence- 4/5 Seizures. Hospital scenes. Guns. Suicide. Sex- 3/5 A middle aged woman kissed an 11 year old on the lips and I was about to vomit. That was nasty. Swearing- 5/5 F***, f***ing, sh*t, etc. No slurs. Consumerism- 1/5 Just like cars and Apple and stuff. Doesn't really matter. Drugs- 4/5 Two women get really drunk and one of them has a life revolving around drinking. She is always drunk.

Pretty good although super disturbing

This is an Pretty good Drama Film of 2017. This movie does contain… Disturbing content, suicide, strong language and some bloody images. Still an Pretty good Drama Film. In My Opinion the age limit should be for ages 16+.

Loved This Movie

Looking at the other reviews makes me realize how childish and odd this movie actually was, but I loved it. I wouldn't watch this movie based off of other people's opinions, watch it for yourself and see if you like it. This was a great movie to watch at 4am, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

I don’t really know how to feel about this

Watching this on my own, it was pretty uncomfortable. I can’t imagine watching with family and watching a genius prodigy 12-year-old deal with stocks and do his mom’s taxes and plan a murder with your parents. Would’ve thought that he would at least be high school. This does deal with assassination/death, abuse, and grief from death but who cares right, that’s what we want. The most irritating thing that confused me is... why does the mother use Apple earphones when this is set in like 1990s? Some decisions and writing is questionable but overall, I think it’s alright for a preteen to watch

fairly tame, but a laughably bad movie

this movie is absolutely terrible, and I have grown to love it in the way of a "so bad its good" movie. the premise revolves around your typical boy genius cliché discovering that his neighbor is being abused by their step father. then, less than an hour in he dies with essentially no real build up, and has a disturbingly sexual kiss with an adult. the rest of the movie revolves around his mother listening to tapes he left, teaching her how to get away with the murder of the already mentioned abusive step father. I am the kind of person who loves a plot like this, but it is executed so poorly its hysterical. firstly, and this is only my opinion; but I absolutely despise the boy genius troupe, and while this cliché is usually always inadvertently funny, but this movie plays it off in the most ridiculous way. henry is the breadwinner of the family, being a genius would mean you are good with investment and whatnot. he manages to know everything that is going to happen after he dies, to the point where he knows that his mom is going to take a wrong turn while driving, and comments on it on his tapes. either he is not only a genius and can see the future, or he has incredibly low standards for his mothers intelligence. there is a scene near the end, where the mother is positioned with a sniper rifle ready to kill the step dad, and starts to question the morality of it. during this, a prerecorded henry is screaming at her to take the shot. this movie is so terrible, with the worlds most annoyingly perfect child I have ever seen, and one of the most idiotic and convoluted plots that I have had the misfortune to bear witness to. my advice is if you are a family of cynics who like a good laugh, you will love this movie. me and my mom watched it together and were in hysterics the whole time. overall, the movie has a terrible plot, unlikable characters, ridiculous dialogue, and enough tonal shift that I was confused about whether or not it was intentionally a comedy. I had a lot of fun with this movie, but it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. if you are looking for a dark and heartfelt movie, stay away from this one. I would recommend you Room (2015)

Piece of garbage.

This movie so horrible I give it 0 Stars if I could. Positive message 1 out of 5 : This movie has horrible positive message it main focus is that a character is being sexual abuse we find this out 15 to 20 mintues into the film. Also his mother buys a gun to kill a guy. Positive role models 1 out of 5 : This movie also has horrible positive role models. Susan is a warm and loving mother, and the depth of feeling she displays for her son and a foster daughter is compelling. But since she shows that she's willing to literally commit murder at her son's direction, she's hardly a positive role model. Violence 4 out 5. Extremely heavy Violence like a child dies out of brain tumor his mother decides to follow those plans, buying a gun with the intent of killing her neighbor. A man commits suicide off screen; viewers hear a gunshot and are told he's killed himself. It's said that a man is sexually abusing his 12-year-old stepdaughter, but it's not shown; instead, viewers see a sad young girl who crouches terrified beside her bedroom door at night. Drinking 2 out of 5. Two women drink wine until they're giggly and silly; a character drinks to excess and misses work the next day. Language 3 out of 5. Some use of Hell and stucks one use of the F word and one god D—-n it. Don’t watch it.

awesome

this movie is so great and unique i love it so much it is like nothing i have ever seen

Honestly, it's a great movie. I watched it and it does have bad words but they're always remembering not to swear. The story tells you how you should act when there is something wrong. It made me cry multiple times how kids were getting bullied and stuff, but otherwise it was fine.

Cool