Kid reviews for The Book of Henry

Muddled dramedy deals with dark, disturbing topics.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNZkool19 June 17, 2017

Heavy themes

I loved this movie I gave it 16 and up because the overall theme of the movie is upsetting a boy dies and his mother pulls off his plan to murder his neighbors step father because he has been raping her and in one scene we see a boy on the floor mhaving a seizer and his brother yells for their mom

Teen, 13 years old Written byCalifeet June 18, 2017
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2017

Best movie since La La Land

Wow. This movie basically changed my life. A story of two young boys, a single mom, and the girl next door who is living a terrible life. There is a lot more mature topics, but this movie is overall amazing. There is some swearing, drinking, and Naomi Watts almost murdering someone, but in the end she redeems herself. Great movie but I would recommend it for age 12 and up.

Teen, 14 years old Written byevaiforever June 29, 2017

Breaks your heart and puts it back together again

I honestly didn't think that this movie was going to be as amazing as it was. The movie was shocking and heart breaking (for reasons I can't say because I will spoil the movie) as well as joyful and beautiful. Everyone can learn so much from this movie. It's a great tale of "good always prevails." It's also a tale of child abuse and it will make the public more aware of what goes on in the world. Therefore, I believe that everyone should see this movie, with friends and family.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJsci26 June 28, 2017

Sad but amazing!

The plot line was very sad, but insanely enthralling. The resolution was very settling and happy and every movie has to have at least one hardship. I thought the plot was so good and interesting and well thought out. One of my favorite movies, if not my favorite.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMirandahedgehog07 July 4, 2017

Great movie

Besides all of the negative reviews, I thought this movie was very good. It definitely is aimed towards older kids/teens though.

Teen, 16 years old Written byphoebeforbe1 July 6, 2017

the book of henry

I think that the plot is disjointed and confusing But the actors are good especially Maddie Z who plays Christina who really captures you attention

Teen, 14 years old Written byXxCharlottexX June 2, 2018

Pretty great

Honestly I believe that there should be more movies alike this movie, I understand this is a dark subject but this does happen in real life and this movie shows it perfectly I strongly recommend this film xx

Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2018

Book of Henry review

This film has some very violent topics but I think that 12 year olds up can cope with this. If you disagree then please comment down below but it also shows that abuse is very wrong and there are no exuses. It stars Maddie Ziegler who is my role model and Naomi Watts. Over all I think that the film should only be watched by children/teens/adults 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxmoon January 17, 2018

really good

i think this movie was good. it was dark, intense, makes you want more. some people may be offended or even cry because it's a sad movie. however, there is some swearing and abuse (not shown) going on which may trigger some people

Teen, 13 years old Written byteenreview December 13, 2017

Better Than Expected!

Many critics have been calling this movie bad and not worth watching. I watched this because I love Jaeden Lieberher's work, and now I love it for many more reasons. The plot is very heartbreaking and dark, but by the end it really lifts your heart and puts things into perspective. Although the movie contained things a child probably should'nt be doing (putting together a dark plot to murder someone), there were many positive aspects.

Teen, 14 years old Written byhrose2903 October 20, 2017

Incredible story, makes me cry every time.

Teen, 17 years old Written bynajaahmad123456789 September 18, 2017