Parent reviews for The Bourne Identity

Violent but thrilling first of the Bourne action trilogy.

Parent of a 10, 12, and 16-year-old Written byHendo H. U January 2, 2018

Parent Written byKeri D. January 8, 2017

Best of the Bourne movies!

This movie is definitely the best of the Bourne movies. My kids are 12 years old they didn't have a problem with the violence.
They actually take the marital art, Krav Maga. Which Bourne does some of. The love scenes weren't very graphic. There was a lot of bad language in the film.
This film never seems to go out of style.

Adult Written byeliazer December 11, 2016

Violent, Way too many blasphemies and profanity as well as one unnecesary scene.

This Movie is really well made it is very violent (not gory).

Unfortunately it has great disappointments:
As for sensuality it does contain a kissing scene for very prolonged periods of time while the woman is immoderately clothed since she colored her hair, the scene is long. to the point that I skipped the scene.

I has way too many profanities, some blasphemies which 1 is more than enough and way way to many uses of Our Lords name in vain.

Adult Written byTheoDoyp June 29, 2016

Fantastic

This is just great. I loved this movie. Great action, acting and an awesome movie overall. I would give it a 4 and a half, but this website won't let me. For any parents wanting to show it to their kid, they should be mature enough to handle some moderate fight scenes with a bit of blood, so 13 and up would be the best age. Other than that, if they like action films or have read the books, they will most likely love this well made film.

Adult Written by@@@ December 24, 2011

Pretty good.

This film is not exceptional, but still worth some praise. I found this pretty tedious from time to time. In some ways, it doesn't live up to the standards that thrillers are meant to sit at. Still, I would say that it's worth watching at least once.

Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

very good 11 and over

veryyyyyyyy good action movie watch it 11 and over some violece and mild sex matt damon is agreat actor
Parent of a 13-year-old Written byTsion December 22, 2008

An Enjoyable Thriller for Teens and Up, But No One Younger...

Jason is found by fishermen in the water with a microchip in his hip and two bullets in his back. He can't remember his past. It's revealed that the microchip contains the number of a Bank Account, Jason goes to learn more. He finds multiple identities, money in every currency, and a loaded gun. He finds clues to learn about himself. There's just one problem: people are following him. And they're trying to kill him.
Violence is your biggest issue. Kids will see gunfights, fistfights, knife fights, and every other kind of fight. The good news: it's not very graphic. Jason and Marie, his girlfriend, see the body of a woman who's been shot in the head (briefly a hole is seen). The killer jumps out a window, and you (briefly) see blood around his body. Jason gets cuts, but there's no gore. People are shot and you see the bullet fire, the person fall, and occasionally a scream.
Jason and Marie spend the night in a run-down motel, they kiss passionately and, somewhere in the middle, Jason's shirt comes off. You don’t see anything graphic. Language is a “f**k” and some “bastard”s.
Adult Written byGordan Freeman April 9, 2008

The best "Spy" movie in years

This is a movie that has all the dialog of a great drama, but also has room for the best car chase since Ronin.
Adult Written bydoodlesalltheday April 9, 2008
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjowriggley April 9, 2008
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Not memorable

I got this movie thinking it would be like Mission: Impossible or 007, and was very disapointed. I'm not saying this movie wasn't good, I just can hardly even remember what it was about. In my opinion, it was not very memorable at all.