All teen and kid member reviews for The Bourne Identity

Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2010

A Great Movie for Tweens and Up

A lot of intense action and violence some language- H***, C***** sake!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 11, 2011

Incredibly violent, but great.

My rating: PG-13 for intense violence/action sequences and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFunkboy565 January 24, 2010

Fantastic but proceed with caution

I have seen all of the bourne movies and i think they are amazing ( violent) (very tense) bourne is a person who really does not remember the person who he once was. He does not go after people they come after him (the scariest thing about this movie is the flash backs of what he has previously done this is most true in the bourne ultimatum) i would suggest that someone older than 13 watch this first to skip the more graphic parts
Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2015

Violent and nonstop assassin themed film.

This aimed at teens movie will get adolescents itching to see this film. But parents, be warned, there is some material just too much for even your mature twelve year old. Damon's had his mind wiped, and believes his name is Jason Bourne. But this is just the beginning of sometimes hard-to-follow storylines that may confuse your kids. There are hand to hand fights, gunnings, car chases, blood, threats of snipers, constant tension, bashing of heads and more in action sequences. The two main oppisite sex charecters seem to have a love relationship going, and kiss and hug a couple times. F--k, s--t and goddamn a couple times. Jason is mostly a good role model, but makes bad choices that may effect future outcomes. I liked this film and your teens will too if you know your child's comfort level. I personally don't recommend this film for ages 12 or lower.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTurtle.lover November 16, 2014

Good movie but a bit confusing

I liked this movie, but find it a bit confusing. Some kids might not understand it, although the film is made to be confusing. I think i noticed swearing once, but it didn't bother me, and it won't bother other kids. There is no nudity, although there is two scenes of kissing. I did not notice any scenes of drinking drugs or smoking. There is some violence, and quite a few deaths but not enough to put you off. The beginning was a bit groos as two bullets were removed from wounds, and I looked away then. Otherwise it is fine.
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2010

Great movie for pre-teens

This is a good movie with a lot of action scenes. This movie may be a little confusing for younger children. It is about Bourne, who cant remember anything, but can do all these crazy stuff. The government is after him, and he doesnt know why.
Kid, 8 years old June 27, 2015

Amazing, action thriller has violence.

My rating;R for violence.
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2014

Great movie

This is an intense, romantic, action-packed thriller from when Matt Damon was young (and very attractive ;) There is constant violence all throughout, and is especially gross when you get a tiny glimpse of a dead person who jumped through a window. All the gore is very brief though, but there are some very intense scenes, like when a murderer is coming for them and they are staying with children (they don't get hurt). There is very little sex, except for one very intimate scene where they kiss passionately and embrace shirtless (the man AND the woman) but it doesn't get bad. A must see!
Kid, 12 years old November 18, 2013

amazin'

so cool epicmovie
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvMovies June 26, 2016

Good Action, Hard Plot

This movie has a hard concept for kids and even for a teen like me, I couldn't really understand it. That saying, the movie overall is definitely not for kids. So the plot is about a wanted man named Jason Bourne who's part of the CIA. One day he gets a head injury and thinks about why people are trying to kill him. It's the shortest way I could put it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNico coolman May 28, 2016

A great movie, but not for kids.

This movie is amazing, but there is too much violence and swearing for it to be for kids. There is a scene at the beginning of the movie when Jason Bourne gets a bullet and a capsule taken out of his body. There are fist-fights, knife-fights, bullet-fights, a car chase, and even more! As far as sexuality goes there is only one scene where Bourne and his girlfriend (no spoilers) kiss and...more. There is quite of bit of swearing, including "Damn", "Son of a B*tch", "Sh*t", and a few uses of "F*ck". Overall, this is an AMAZING movie, but you should probably wait until being a teen or adult to see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimelordiness March 19, 2016

Running! Jumping! Fighting!

My dad hates watching movies more than once. The Bourne Identity is the only exception. He watches it frequently at night while he works. There is a good reason for this. The Bourne Identity is a smart, complex, gritty film. It combines action, emotion and great acting. Damon's performance is excellent, as he manages to convey so much with so little dialogue. My rating is 13+ because there is plenty of blood and violence. While most of the violence is is stylized hand to hand combat, there is ample gun fire, and it shows people bleeding from bullet wounds and other injuries. The two leads make out shirtless in one scene, but nothing is shown, and it is far from gratuitous. Language is an issue.
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2016

Violence is the main thing

Violence is what bothered me little everything else was just fine parent guardian required some scenes are inappropriate
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 February 10, 2016

May be my favourite action franchise.

What a great start! With great action, an excellent story, great acting from Matt Damon and others and overall intense, The Bourne Identity is a fantastic start. Grade: A.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTARDIS Tourist January 1, 2016

Non-stop violence but smart plot in this smart action thriller with Matt Damon.

There is quite a lot of blood in this movie. There is a little bit of sex.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2015

A movie of character!

this movie is very violent. But, it isn't that bad! It has mild language and shouldn't be watched by very young children! It's okish
Teen, 14 years old Written bytoysorama. May 26, 2015

Great PG-13 material

A classic PG-13 like movie with tense and fast action sequences
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2014

Perfectly fine action thriller is exciting and fun

Violence- PG-13 (Lots of hand to hand combat, corpses are seen, a bloody fight is shown) Sex- PG-13 (A brief sex scene) Language- PG-13 (A couple of f-bombs) Drugs- G (None)
Teen, 14 years old Written byc@l June 3, 2014

BOURNE IDEINTY!!!!!!!!!

a Suspenseful intense well made action movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenageMovieCritic10 May 31, 2014

Movie worth your time for those who can handle some blood and gore!

I saw this when I was 12 and I was completely fine. I remember there being a few disturbing images that stayed with me, but nothing that kept me up at night (a woman with a bullet hole in her forehead). I was actually slightly confused at some parts, so my parents had to explain part of the plot to me. There is a brief scene in which Jason and Marie have a mild make-out session which involves Jason's shirt coming off, but that's about it. Curse words are definitely included but nothing that a mature child couldn't handle. All in all, be prepared for some blood and ammo, but it's a great action movie worth seeing!