All parent member reviews for The Bourne Supremacy

Adult Written byfivebewe April 9, 2008

The first one is better

Matt Damon plays the part well, again. But the first "Bourne" story was much more nerve-wracking and twist-y. I liked it better than this one.My husband and I really liked the movie but felt the car chase was definitely WAY too drawn out. We got the idea of what was happening pretty quickly, so it seemed over-done.There are some tense moments and some pretty intense and violent scenes. Several killings, incl. a suicide. The ending is kind of a cliffhanger. Wonder if they can take this to a #3?I'd let my older teen see it. Probably not my 13 y/o.
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

a real classic watch it 11 and over

my favorite bourne you'll love it its areal classic 11 an over for some violence watch it
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion February 7, 2009

A Sleek, Calculated, and Immensley Enjoyable Thriller

THE BOURNE SUPREMACY makes for a fun sequel to IDENTITY. It features the same amount of thrills and chills, the same engaging story, and the same breathtaking stunt pieces. It also features the same amount of violence. Sex and language are toned down from the first one, but violence is the same, if not more frequent. People are shot at point-blank range, and there is some blood. Men are bloody after a fist-fight, and, in the most graphic part of the movie, you see an assassin dead after a car chase with numerous cuts and blood covering his face. There are many, many fist-fights, in which a man is strangled, and an uncountable amount of people are threatened with knives and an guns. Language consists of one or two "d**n"s and "hells", one "SOB", and one barely audile "f*ck". There is no sex.
Adult Written byjowriggley April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybrino April 9, 2008
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Better than the first

Better than the first, but still not memorable. Again, I can vaguly remember a few things, but for some reason I cannot recall what the movie was about.
Adult Written bysoccer girl7 April 9, 2008

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!!!!!!

Man this movie was great. And I so agree w/ the reveiwer b4 me u can see this movie and b 12+ cuz my mom almost said no to this movie, but I convinced her, like always. Ps: I'm 13 now so do I have to make a new profile or is there some way I can change my age? Thanxs, CB
Adult Written byCityscape April 19, 2015

1 especially concerning scene

I recommend skipping the scene with a poledancer, at 1:20:00.
Adult Written byTheoDoyp June 29, 2016

Loved it

Like the first movie, this is great. Fantastic stunt work and action, a solid performance from Damon and very enjoyable. For any parents wondering if it's appropriate for their child, i think it's fine for most 13 year olds as the violence may be too intense for young ones.
Adult Written byChance M. February 21, 2017

very good bourne

I am a huge Bourne fan and was very pleased with this one. It was a well written sequel (A feat next to impossible to do in this day and age) It was just as good as the first Bourne (P.S. you can buy the entire Bourne trilogy the bourne identity, bourne supremacy, bourne ultimatum for $13 on Amazon) This movie was quite violent but not as much as the next one (Bourne Ultimatum) but that is what the Bourne movies do.
Uncle Written byeliazer December 11, 2016

The most Violent of the Bournes Series Still has too much profanity and some blasphemies,

This Movie is really well made The most violent movie of the Jason Bourne Series. Unfortunately it has great Disappointments: I has way too many profanities, some blasphemies which 1 is more than enough and way way and to many uses of Our Lord's name in vain. although there is no sexuality, as the review states in common sense media, at the begging of the movie a woman wears a bikini top, till she gets killed in the beginning of the movie. The violence gets to the point of a choking scene with a cable wire to the point where you can see the enemy of borne in desperation trying to hit borne upwards as he dies.
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byCheese and Bread May 6, 2016

Blaaah

Not that good
Parent of a 5 year old Written bygerbowski October 15, 2015

Great Action Movie with Good Plot as Well

Although not for younger children, this action thriller is probably ok for most teens. The focus of the film is not on killing, but on Jason's continued search for answers about his past and why he is who he is. There is quite a bit of violence and several characters are killed, but the scenes are not gratuitous. As the film progresses we see Jason's efforts to avoid killing and taking revenge, due to the influence of the woman he loved. This one's worth the watch, not only for the action, but also for the plot and excellent acting.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Yeah

Good awesome cool fun thriller.