All parent member reviews for The Bourne Ultimatum

Adult Written bySurprise April 9, 2008
Media is allowing too much to filter through to our children. May seem cool, but definately too much violence/suspense for a pre/mid-teen to see. Great ADULT film though!!
Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

great action classic 12 and over

every single bourne is good but this one just won too much it has heck of a good action and violence its a real CLASSIC watch it and you'll never forget it 12 and over because minors wont understand the story and for violence watch the bourne in a row .
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion February 8, 2009

WOW! I thought the others were good, but this one...WOW!

THE BOURNE IDENITY surpassed my expectations. SUPREMACY matched them. ULTIMATUM completely blew me away; it surpassed the set of expectations I had behind my first set. The acting was so good, the plot so enthralling, the action so intense, the script so well-written, I couldn't believe I bought this for $9.50 at Target. If you loved the other Bourne films, this one will blow you away. You won't be able to keep your eyes off it. Violence is the same as the others. There is an extreme amount of fights and weapons, but those who are shot are shot non-graphically. There is some blood after fist-fights, but no more than the previous two. Bourne makes a good role model for kids; he is trained as an assassin, so in almost every scene he finds himself pointing a gun at someone's head. But he chooses to say no and show them mercy...in fact, I can't think of a time when he kills in cold blood. He's always placed in immediate danger, and acts out of self-defense. There is no sex, and language is limited to one "SOB", infrequent "s**t"s, and several "d**n"s.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Blown away

First of all, let me say that I rated the first two movies, and really wish I could change them. This series is fantastic, and I must have been really tired or something to have rated them the way I did. This is without a doubt the best spy trilogy I have ever seen. It does an amazing job of presenting the suspense and keeping you on the edge of your seat. I'm going to take the time to sort of rate the trilogy rather than this one movie, since I won't be able to re-rate the first two. I won't give you a plot summary, because the tiniest thing can give something away. I was not too happy that CSM stated Marie's death happened, but I suppose if you've seen the second movie, you would know that. Another thing I would like to set straight that CSM misinterpreted, was when Bourne appears to be kissing Marie in the water, he is really administering CPR, not kissing her. Now for the stuff parents would like to know. There is a LOT of violence in this, and there is a lot of blood shown, especially in car accidents. Two people are shown strangled to dead, and someone shoots themselves in the head (though the camera is averted). There are extremely intense vehicle chases, and lots of loud and exciting gunfights, but the action doesn't take up all the movie, as in Mission Impossible 2. The plot is very good. I won't give anything away, but in this movie are nearly all of the elements a good spy movie needs. Ok, back to content. The first movie without a doubt has the worst language, especially near the end, with it getting a little tamer in the second one, and a lot tamer in the third. The first movie has two F words, which is uncommon for PG-13, though one is only mouthed, so you won’t see it unless you are adept at reading lips. There’s a lot of God da*ns, especially at an argument near the end. The second movie has near the same amount of other language, but one yelled F word. There is no F word in the third one, and the worst language in that is sh*t, which is used a lot in most movies anyway. The reason I give this movie an R is because of the language. The language in the first movie is quite strong for a PG-13, and I have seen movies that had nearly nothing bad in them besides one F word, and the rating was R. There is also a lot of violence in it. However, just because I think that’s what it should have been rated, doesn’t mean I think only 17 and up should see it. I think these are good 14+ films, as they will definitely look up to Bourne as a role model, and this movie will likely appeal more to teens anyway. There is definitely a message in this movie. I’m going to put a SPOILER warning here, because I don’t want to spoil the message for anyone. You can sort of see it happening throughout the whole movie, but Bourne realizes that killing people is wrong, and doesn’t want to be an assassin anymore. This is a lesson not often explored in movies like this, and I think it may be worth seeing just for that. I’m going to sum this up by restating that these movies are most likely the best spy movies or all around action movies I have ever seen, and anyone 14 and up should definitely see this.
Adult Written byTheoDoyp June 29, 2016

Excellent!

This has to be the best film in the franchise. It's a brilliantly made film with lots of amazing stunt work, acting and action sequences. I highly recommend this movie for any Bourne fans. To answer parents questions: Is it appropriate for my child? Well, a lot like the first too, ti has lots of action and intense violence, but most teens (even early teen) with a mature mind could handle it. (Note: Less course language than the first too)
Adult Written bybitesizemoviereview August 6, 2012

Action-packed, but not a "family" movie

One of the best action flicks I've ever seen. There is some language, including religious terms, used by the CIA agents. The violence is too graphic for kids under 13, especially when Bourne suffocates an enemy hit man in the corner of a bathroom. Still, the violence in this Bourne is not as graphic as the violence in the previous two movies. Also, this third installment explores the morality of Bourne's action is greater depth, thus strengthening him as a character. This movie is action-packed and full of suspense. The surprise ending is the best part. Highly recommend for kids mature enough to handle it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybenito jug August 2, 2011

AWESOME

This movie is a perfect middle school movie.
Adult Written bysarahkay89 November 17, 2010

Fine for adults / older teens; would not recommend for kids/tweens

Interesting plot and story line. However, lots of violence and language. Some sexual scenes.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bygeorges113 August 30, 2009

Too violent too smart for an under 14... recommended for people over 15-16 years..

BEST MOVIE EVER..... but too violent for kids and small teens... and waaaaaaayy too smart... heart pouniding thriller u can't get ur head out of the screen... but not for someone under 14 they won't understand it understand the meaning of it... sexually: bourne starts to remember and he remembers when he kissed his girlfriend a passionate kiss for 2-3 seconds... nothing explicit at all and could be explained as a normal kiss... ENJOY THE MOVIE ... i watched it over 20 times...
Parent of a 2, 5, 7, and 10 year old Written byOreo3333333333 August 20, 2009

REALLY GOOD MOVIE. Just a bit to much...

This movie is one of the best movies I have ever seen. There is just a bit too much suspense and violence for kids under 10. Mild swearing. And a flashback of Bourne ( Matt Damon ) kissing Marie ( dead wife )
Adult Written byjesus3boy April 24, 2009
amazing movie with 99.9% no sex, and not a lot of language. the fight scenes are realistic but not over-the-top gore. every second of violence is part of the movie- nothing is just shown for the sake of showing it.
Adult Written byrobdado2 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymilamber01 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bypurpleslayer57 April 9, 2008

all action

Not much too say here but just got to see it. I love Matt Damon's movies he is a great actor.So I really enjoy seeing the movie myself. Not for small children, but older ones may,most likely boys would be more interested.
Adult Written byKim12345 April 9, 2008

A must see!

Very good not too violent and most of the violence it does contain is kicking and punching. Great movie to watch with your tweens.
Adult Written byfletchy April 9, 2008

WOW -- this is a great movie -- for adults

This movie is typical Bourne -- fantastic but intricate, violent and fast-moving. People get shot, things are blown up, there are car chases, foot races and any other type of chase you can imagine...all with guns blazing. A WOW for adults but I'd be hard-pressed to bring a teen under 17. This is serious mature material.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Smart,Good,Fun

13+ Great!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bymamamia0709 April 9, 2008

The best of the three

Very fast paced and action packed. The best of the the Bourne stories turned into a movie so far. Great discussion tool for older kids about morality, loyalty and tenacity. The cinematography is a bit tight and gave me a headache but other than that it's one I will see again.
Adult Written byhbassard April 9, 2008