All teen and kid member reviews for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Kid, 9 years old July 6, 2009

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO CRUEL?

this was a very good movie but the story.... the story is sad. When the movie ended and the credits roled down i was already crying my eyes out. When i showed my younger 9 year old cousin the trailer for this movie she just didnt understand what the boy behind the fence was going through and treated it like a joke. But if she had sene the movie she would have sene how cruel pepole can be and that the holocaust was no laughing matter. What happened to these boys was OUTRAGING AND TERRIBLY SAD. If your child is 11 years or younger in age have them read the book before they watch this movie.After i watched this movie i asked myself one question.... HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO CRUEL?! but i never got an answer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPhillipians4verse8 April 14, 2011
There is no use of "f---ing". Everything is offscreen. It's a very, very non-explicit and a film people should watch. The ending isn't explicit, but NOT FOR KIDS!!
Kid, 11 years old March 18, 2016

Good movie, definitely worth watching

This movie was very dark, as it said, but it is worth watching. Be prepared for scenes with extremely intense parts. I am 11 and I would probably suggest 12+ (if you can handle a high level of suggested violence/gassing). The ending is a little bit unsatisfying and sad but effective. It's less one-sided than most Holocaust films. Again, they suggest beating although don't show it on camera and a room full of Jewish people get gassed at a part of the movie. I would highly suggest watching this but be informed about the Holocaust before watching.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperq4898 June 23, 2011

Ah-Maz-ing!

It was such a great movie! I loved it with all my heart! But in the middle/end I had to turn it off. I cried because of what the little boy's father did to him and his friend! Its a positive message because the Bruno didn't care what Shultz looked like he wanted to help.
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2014

the boy in the striped pajamas

I think the movie the boy in the striped pajamas is an okay movie but is so sad at the end and very heart breaking and is not the best movie for young kids because of the subject matter. This is not the best for anyone under 10 and may upset some kids under 11 but if you do let your kids watch this movie you have to explain to them about world war two and why the Nazi's put Jews in camps.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieboy23 May 9, 2013

Boy In the Striped PJs

I think that this show "Boy in the Striped pajamas" I a very good show. It does sugar coat the holocaust a little but otherwise it is an ok view on what happened in the holocaust.
Kid, 11 years old March 30, 2009

Bring a tissue when you see this movie

It is incredibly sad!!! There are two young boys who were meant to be enemy's became best freinds 'till life's end! Bruno an naive little boy who did not know he was a Nazis and Shmuel an intelligent little Jewish boy. Bruno makes a daring trip to Shmuel's side of the fence and he tells Shmuel "You are my best friend, my best friend for life" and that was true they were friends until life's end.
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2015

Heartbreaking movie.

This movie is not just teaching us about tolerances, but also talks about the importance of history. This movie explains of what's it like back then. Bruno may be a German but he put his heart to a boy. He's an example of Oskar Schindler (well, kind of). However in this movie there is some qualms to this. This movie breaks your heart, to be honest it did for me. The boy in the Striped Pajamas is like The Boy on the Wooden Box. This movie is the best heartbreaking movie, of my life.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygundy12345567 November 20, 2013

the boy in the striped pyjamas

this is a wonderful movie like wow!! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 October 29, 2013

Over The Top Unrealism!

This movie is probably the most unrealistic holocaust movie ever made. Spoiler alert.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They kill the Jewish boys dad but they let the boy sit by the fence all day and play games come on I thought that the people who made life is beautiful could make a better movie than this. Nothing really wrong with this though.
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2013

The boy in the striped pyjamas

To watch this movie you sorta have to have a knowledge about what life was like in World War Two but for me, it was one of the best movies I've seen. It was structured well and I really loved it
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 8, 2012

Love it!

Just as good as the book! Really good movie for older tweens and up. The cruel behavior of adults in this movie will be too much for younger or sensitive kids.
Kid, 10 years old September 11, 2011

Very Sad..

I felt bad for when Bruno, Shmuel, and the other Jewish men were gassed in that hut. No one deserves to be treated like that.. Oh, and really? A SHOWER?!?! How is THAT a shower?! Ok, *ahem* I'm sorry. Well, I didn't really cry at all. I still felt bad.. I HATE RACISM!! I really felt bad for mostly, Shmuel.. Poor, poor, boy. The gas chamber thing is still haunting me.. But soon after that, since in was 10:00 p.m. when I watched it, and it was supposed to end at 12:00 a.m., my mom woke up because of when Bruno's mom was crying. She turned off the tv ~_-'!!!! I watched most of it though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl June 6, 2011

get to know it prepare yourself

i was so affected by this movie. it took me 2 months to stop thinking about it. you could watch after you are better educated about the holucoust. i could not sleep all night
Teen, 13 years old Written byAliJunaid October 31, 2013

great story but some violence

it is really nice movie but its very sad but that's what make it a movie worthy to watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 29, 2011

ONE OF THE SADEST MOST MOVEING MOVIES OF ALL THE CENTURY.

I loved this movie. It was so moveing and so extremly sad and depressing. It tells and reveals a great deal about the holocaust and at the end the two main characters( which are two 8 year old boys) and other concentration camp prisoners are gassed to death. The end was truly heartbreaking and really opened my eye up to what the holocaust really was. Let me just say i am so glad that terrible war is over. R.I.P all you innocent jewish people. May something like this never EVER happen again.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2011

Very, very, very sad movie!

In this movie they really get you attached to the main character " Bruno ". I like this movie because it shows that it doesnt matter what you are, it matters what you are INSIDE. Bruno and Schmaul were great kids who were innocent 100%. Its really horrible what the Germans did in the World War 2! Not suitable for kids under 12!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBeliefs-Wonder May 4, 2010

Wow, yet still people laugh about Jews. . . .

All I can say is, I'm so sorry. . It was an amazing movie and book, I cried at the end of both of them. What would I have done to save all of them. Anything. I would have done anything. Next time I see anyone with a Nazi sign at school, I take it, I burn it. Unless its on their skin, then I'll rub it off their skin. They have no clue what it means, they think, but not really KNOW. Never EVER like the Nazi's, not after what they did.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFreedomGirl March 26, 2010

Best friends for life. . . and after life.

I thought it was SO sad. . . . I wished that the ending was differen't, but that's what happened. . . I think people should watch this. . I know it's very sad, but that's what happened back then. People need to see these things to make sure it will never happen again. Believe me, I wished none of them got gased. . I don't care if they're jew, gypsy, white, black, hispanic. . . or anything else, I would have never stooped to putting inoccent people in consintration camps. . . I think it is so sweet how those boys became best friends, dispite differences. Sometimes it takes a child to show a grown-up how foolish they are. To think, the leader of that death camp's own son died. . BECAUSE of the death camp, because of the nazis, and because of him. I'm crying typing this, so I will stop for now. But I believe people should watch it, but at least 12 and over.
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2009

Shocking and Brutal at the Climax: But a Must-See

When I went to see this with my school as an eleven year old, I was terrified. I've seen a great deal of horror movies, but this shocked me to the core. The climax at the end reduced me and several other kids in my class to tears. However, I would say it's a must-watch as issues so sensitive need to shown rather than ignored.