All teen and kid member reviews for The Breakfast Club

Teen, 13 years old Written byBrainKreig October 17, 2010

Don't you.....forget about me! Don't don't don't don't..........

I command you to rent this movie and show it to your kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byK-z Hogue December 28, 2010

it would go over the heads of kids under 9.

ATTENTION PARENTS: the breakfast club is my favorite movie.i watched it when i was 11.i actaually watched it literally 20 times in 2 weeks.if i sat down and watched it again,the lines would still be memorized!and also, when i watched it,i understood all of the jokes.i actaually cried tears of joy at the end.it is a wicked happy ending.but of course,they talk about who is and isnt a virgin,how John Benders home life is abusive,and john smokes pot and cigarattes.you see Molly ringwalds panties while she is still in them, and there is a lot of cursing.but it sends out the message that, in the good words of Amellio Estives's character Andrew Clark,"everyones bizzare.its just that some of us are better at hiding it". i was looked down on in school for being the weird one,and it really got to me until i heard that statement.:)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySafemancam001 July 12, 2012

Timeless Teenage Movie

After I saw this a few days ago, it became one of my new favorite movies. The way that the comedy and drama are balanced out is amazing. The emotional growth of the characters makes it work watching. And, the story of Saturday detention is so original. Even though the movie is about teens everybody teenagers and older can relate in some way to the characters. It's amazing how something made over 20 years ago can still be relevant today. I guess it's one of those movies you could call timeless, considering over the past 27 years these basic stereo-types of teenagers have survived. I recommend this movie to those in high school, going to high school, or anyone who has been to high school. The only people I wouldn't recommend it to are people too young to hear F*** or to know about marijuana.
Kid, 8 years old June 8, 2015

Amazing, fantastic, and well done comedy has tons of swearing, racy references, smoking, and talk of abuse. This movie is not appropriate for kids, ok for adults 18+

My rating:R for pervasive language, violent references, strong racy content, and drug use,.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEduardo Peixoto November 20, 2011

Among the best high-school movies

Among the best high-school movies can get. Thought-inducing and fueled with many interesting discussions, and overall it provides quality viewing (and thinking) for pre-teens. It also references literature, which is something always positive for a teen movie to show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 30, 2011

The second best John Hughes movie ever (behind Ferris Bueller's Day Off).

My rating: R for strong language, sexual content and teen drug use.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 1, 2011

Classic 80s movie

i admire this movie its simply amazing john Hughes at his best. the cast is wonderful. some language and drug use not to bad. if u havent seen it i suggest u do.
Teen, 16 years old Written byocho April 14, 2009

based on your child its a must see

it tells the truth about what goes on and is the greatest tale of 5 completly diffrent people with nothing in common except eachother. i highly recomend it for ages 12 and up maybe higher depending on what your child has already been exposed to
Teen, 15 years old Written byimawesome72 March 29, 2011

good for most kids and teens

its a pretty good movie... good for watching with a group of friends
Teen, 15 years old Written byFutureMrs.JohnnyDepp July 13, 2010

Best for older kids

I recently learned about this movie - it being made in the 80's and me being born in the 90's, I had no clue this movie existed - but, I watched it once and instantly fell in love with it! I laughed so much during this film and every time I watch it I laugh over and over again. It's so funny! Although they do swear a lot and there are a few scenes that would be iffy for children under 13, this is by far one of my favorite movies, a must watch classic!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydindinosaurinsocks June 13, 2010
I loved the play. It was awesome. So was the movie. Yes there is a bit of swearing, but that's what teens do. Live with it. Teens also talk about sex, or sex related topics.It's part of life. Yes they do get high, but not for very long and they don't hurt anyone because they're high.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywicked_njo July 2, 2014

Great Movie

I watched this a few nights ago with my sister and my parents. i thought it was hilarious! the characters are brian, who's the brain. he tried committing suicide cuz all the pressure that was on him. then there's claire, the princess, who's rich but has an awful family life. there's andrew, the jock, who wants to do whatever his dad tells him to. There's the basket case, Allison, who didn't talk until the middle of the movie but was really funny. Finally, the main character is John, a crack addict who's insane. In the movie, there's a lot of bad language. There's also a lot of talk about virginity and stuff and John gets between Claire's legs. He also asks her some weird questions. But overall, it's a really good- and accurate- movie about knowing who you are. Don't show this to anyone under 12! Even 12 is a little young, but I'd say thats the age where it's your judgment.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywafflelover1227 January 21, 2012

not that bad really

i think that this is a really good movie. my mom wouldn't let me watch it for a while so i thought that it was going to be super bad and inappropriate. i watched it and i didn't think it was that bad. i am pretty mature for my age and i know that just because i see things on t.v. or in movies doesn't mean its okay and as long as your kids know this, then it is fine for 13 or 14 up. there is a lot of talk about sex in it and a lot of cussing. also there is a scene where they are smoking pot. it is pretty funny. i actually think there are positive messages in it because even thought there is a lot of bad stuff, it shows that completely different people can break the stereotypes and become friends. just make sure your kid knows not to do or repeat anything in it then it is fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 10, 2011

The Breakfast Club: John Hughes at his best

The Breakfast Club was the cultural shock of the 1980's. It was also the closest thing John Hughes got to a masterpiece. The film displays teens as hurt and unappreciated, but also fun and loving at the same time. A work of social genius. Note to parents: The movie contains plenty of foul language, kids smoking pot, and some discussion of sex. Good for older teens.
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2010

ok

To much sexual stuff like one character says im a virgin and the character smoke mirajuanna and kissing in a closet and strong lanuage ect. overall an ok movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucas201 October 22, 2010
When i saw this movie i was 13 and before i saw it i was told its really good and it was.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 25, 2010

This is best for teenagers 13 and older.

Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2010

AWESOME MOVIE

I loved this movie! It kept me laughing and everything! One of the best movies ever!
Teen, 16 years old Written by80slove July 9, 2016

Amazing cult classic

Me and my mom love watching older movies together, so of course this was on my list. When I was 15, I finally watched it, and I have never related to a high school movie more in my life. The only problem we had with the movie was the cursing. That was probably the only thing they had throughout the movie. But I have to admit, even that made me laugh. They also get high, and there is one scene where Bender looks at Claire's panties. Other than that, I would highly recommend watching this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymcordova9 May 12, 2016

A GREAT 80s FILM, BUT FOR TEENS AND UP ONLY

great film buts lots of swearing. not for kiddies