Parent reviews for The Card Counter

The Card Counter Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Mesmerizing performances

Mesmerizing performances...a steady heartbeat in the screenplay...the performers did not come to play but feel like all are being played.You feel an ominous twist is about to come out at you at every turn, but maybe it's how wound up Isaac's character is. PTSD and how we decide to live our lives is how this film attempts to deal with why some choose to sleepwalk through life dominated by rules in order to offer some order in a world that is absurdly violent and cruel. There do not seem to be answers, just sighs and resignation.

Must See Masterpiece -- Exquisitely filmed. Sharply written script & Extraordinary Acting by Oscar Issacs, Tiffany Haddish & Supporting Cast.

Saw it last night. Outstanding. Oscar Issac is brilliant. Not long. Just brilliant. Compelling, thoughtful. Abu Graib -- incredibly well done flashbacks. Haunting and authentic script. Redemption meets Camus, The Bible & Chomsky. All actors playing their best "A" games. So well paced... The film is great and definitely OSCAR material. So long overdue as a testament to what happened "over there" (here). Highly recommend to all. See it. Think about it. Share it with others.