Parent reviews for The Care Bears Movie

Not all rainbows and hugs -- some scares, too.

Parent Written bylldent2000 April 1, 2010

Entertaining

The care bears movie is fine for ages 2 and up. My children love it. I haven't seen anything scary in this movie. Maybe every child is different but my kids love it. They are always asking to see it. They run around singing the songs even when the movie is not on. I even watch it with them. I have been a care bears fan since I was younger.

Adult Written byRebeccaSpark June 14, 2019

OH MY GOODNESS CSM

This is not scary! Sure, the evil book might scare a baby, but then WATCH THE MOVIE WHEN YOU TURN 7! It's 80s! Gosh.

Adult Written byHolly R. July 1, 2018

The best care bears Movie is the first

It's definitely a good film. The music is not good but it's not really a musical cartoon anyway. There's some really scary parts with the evil book that turns the circus boy evil. When characters become evil and possessed by the evil book they get dark circles under their eyes like someone on drugs and it gets really intense and down right creepy. But the Care Bears and their cousins and a couple of kids save the day and they all become friends. And the evil book gets defeated and the circus boy turns out to be the old man narrating the story at the orphanage.

Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11-year-old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 31, 2012

GREAT movie!

A GREAT alternative if you don't want your children watching My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

Educational Value
Parent of a 12 and 12-year-old Written byResponibleParentOf2 August 31, 2012

Best for 10 and up.

I didn't let my boys watch this until they turned 10 because I feared the villain might be too scary for them.
Parent of a 8-year-old Written byMr. Karl May 15, 2010

For young kids

It's a big movie for kids but it wasn't quite enough to pass.
Parent of a 17-year-old Written bylove2 October 3, 2009

a good movie for preschoolers and kindergarteners but some iffy content

this movie has some iffy stuff in it like: some vilonce that is a little tooo scary for a young toddler. and lots of product placement for example if your child is young and loves care bears then after they waych this movie next time yougo to the store if they see care bear stuff they will bug you and bug you to buy it.

Adult Written bytalfonso March 25, 2009

That's A Really Cute Movie!

I had that film on VHS, but I'll rent the DVD version of it! The only thing that I'm concerned about is - well, just the Evil Spirit, but it's a joy to watch anyway! I'm a fan of Bedtime Bear and Proud Heart Cat!
Adult Written bynoelrocks April 9, 2008

The Carebears Movie Rocks!

Is the Carebear Movie on DVD?
I know it's on VHS!(Video)
Adult Written byvrosesa April 9, 2008

Love the Care Bears!!!

Parent of a 4, 5, and 7-year-old Written by3girlsmom April 9, 2008

We own this

The absolute only thing that is questionable for 2-5yr olds is the scary Evil Spirit. Your young children would appreciate you sitting with them if they are sensitive at all, but there is no hurting others, crude comments, sexual innuendos, etc. My 3,4,and 6yr olds all enjoy it. The songs are very catchy and cheerful, and present a sense of love and respect.