Parent reviews for The Christmas Project

Bully learns about kindness in holiday family comedy.

Adult Written byJlee1021 November 25, 2020

Not adoption friendly

While the main storyline of the movie is positive and uplifting, I did not appreciate the main character saying “I still think he is adopted” in a derogatory tone with a negative connotation. We turned it off as we grew our family through adoption. My daughter’s facial expression changed when the character said that. It hurt. Adopted individuals are not less than in a family. I am disappointed that common sense media did not catch this in their review.
Adult Written byopcampben December 21, 2018

Sneaky funny (Hold my feet)

I thought this movie was a bad copy of “the Christmas Story” until about 10 minutes into it. There are some really funny moments and the message is powerful. My family of 9 kept laughing through out! “You said you’d hold my feet!”

Parent Written byAmya11 December 25, 2020

Disappointed with negative messages being supported

There are number of scenes which seem to promote a toxic mentality of gender roles. As well as not holding boys and bullies accountable for what they say and do to others. Another movie that supports bullies instead of the kids being bullied. Another movie that shows kids to keep giving, keep being kind to harmful people no matter how badly people treat you. Another movie that demonstrates that decent kids who defend themselves from bullies will also pay a price and be responsible for a bullies behavior choices from schools, families etc. No matter how hard their life circumstances, it's never a reason to treat others poorly and to make them be responsible or pay the price of your choices. Some scenes were good. The good scenes were, unfortunately, not enough to out weigh the negative for me.
Adult Written byaiuuui December 21, 2020

Amazing movie!

this movie is perfect for kids! I dont know what other parents are saying but me and my 3 children watched this and they all asked for the sequel!

Adult Written byWellesleyfam December 20, 2018

New Christmas tradition

Great movie!

Adult Written byTiffaniclark November 26, 2018

Very good for everyone in the family

It's very kid friendly and clean. There are no swear words or sexual stuff in it, just a little bit of violence. My Family and I approve.

Parent of a 1, 5, and 11-year-old Written byDan H. December 3, 2017

My favorite Christmas movie

Our 5-year old daughter easily gets scared or sad, but this movie did not frighten or sadden her.

It does have some bullying, but hang in there till the end. Really good morals and empathy is taught. Honestly, several times my eyes teared up. Not because it was sad, but because it was beautiful. This movie teaches empathy and the true meaning of hristmas and charity.