Kid reviews for The Clique

Materialistic book series is just the same on DVD.

Teen, 14 years old Written bynataliedance June 23, 2011

Wonderful movie with a great message. Perfect for tween girls

I love this movie so so much. I'm 15 and I think this movie is great. There are some scenes that I typically wouldn't want my own kids seeing if I had them, for example the word "b*tch is used three times, along with some other names, but that's not too bad. I love fashion and definitely know what it's like to get sucked into the consumerism of having the best clothes and accessories out of all your friends. Realistically, I think the movie is far-fetched based on the events' happenings in reality. But it's still a great coming-of-age movie for tween girls especially. When this came out, I was 12 and it really showed me that I could be my own person and not always have to fall into the grasp of peer pressure and trying to fit in. The messages in the movie are wonderful for young girls to know, and I definitely recommend it. In spite of the language and crude remarks, it's a great movie. And honestly, I believe that without all the harsh names and remarks made, the movie's message would be completely lost. It's a fantastic move to show a tween daughter or anyone who's getting to that awkward stage of what to do next. A great movie. I hope this helped! :)
Kid, 8 years old June 22, 2014

Great Movie

They slightly cussed but that's it. Fine for tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzakiachan123 December 20, 2011

not that good

It's a little too girly. Girls keep using expressions like "OMG" and "Liek, totally!" which can be annoying. The books are even worse when it comes to that. They talk too much about designer clothing, bags, make-up, and boys. I'm 13 and 12-year-olds don't act like that at all. The girls are also really mean and bully claire through almost the whole movie...I'm kind of dissapointed. Don't watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinkzebra97 August 27, 2011

Perfect tweens and up

I loved this movie the first time I watched it! It could be better than both Mean Girls movies. It had some iffy language for a pg movie, definitely a more intense pg movie, and these 7th grade girls dress as if they're 15. Definitely for 11 or even better, 12 and older.
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2011

Good for kids over 10

I absolutely LOVE the Clique. I thought it was the best movie i have seen in ages. I have read all of the books. I think it is not good for kids ages 9 and under because of some of the language and it might be boring for them. I loved it though.
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2011

Awesome!!!

I personally love the movie and books a lot!!!!! I would recommened it only for a kid who is sick at home and wants to watch a good movie :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byBookLover2 April 11, 2010

A 5 year old could watch this. Hilarious for all ages!!

It was a really hilarious movie.

But why does it matter parents had a cocktail at a party is that bad?? Inappropriate?
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2019

Love it!

Great movie, drama. Teen girls excluding one girl... She tries to become their friend. Very good ending. A good message at the end.

Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2018

Awesome!

It's a great movie! Just keep in mind there are cuss words and Claire makes fun of Alicia's boobs. Other than that, it's great!

Teen, 13 years old Written bypeytonlajewski January 5, 2018

Great Teen Movie!

The Clique is a great movie for teenage girls. The movie taught me how not to handle bullies, thanks to Claire's irresponsible approach of dealing with Massie Block. This movie made up my childhood, and lets be honest, I still watch it whenever I'm bored to this day. There is some language in it, but its nothing your teen daughter probably hasn't already heard in school before. The worst cuss word they use is bitch. There is a lot of consumerism, because the girls go to an expensive private school in New York. Their parents are wealthy (SPOILER: MOST of the girls parents are wealthy...), and do spoil them. The girls are sassy, but that's the whole point of the movie. The plot is about sassy rich girls! It's basically the younger, more appropriate version of Mean Girls! Some people say that teenagers will find this movie childish after a while, but I still love it, and so does my 17 year old sister. In the end of the movie, Massie, the main character, wants to pop out of a cake for her crushes birthday, and her outfit is somewhat questionable, considering the fact that she's 12 years old. She has a mini skirt on, ridiculous dangling silver earrings, and a black crop top that reads, "I <3 Chris". Lets just say, she looks obnoxious. It is pretty slutty, but if you're concerned about your kids watching this part, it's pretty easy to make it clear to them that her outfit is not appropriate, especially for her age. That's what my parents said to me when I first watched this film. Another scene that you may want to skip through would be the scene when Claire has her first day of school. In art class, Alicia reaches over and "accidentally" spills red paint on the back of Claires pants. Everyone thinks that Claire got her period. It's not inappropriate, because it's something completely, 100% natural that will happen to every girl out there at some point. But if your daughter/son is younger and you do not want them asking questions about what's happening, you can easily go to the next scene. Overall this movie is fantastic, and in the end, I took something away from each character. Massie's leadership, Claire's kindness, Alicia's loyalty, Dylan's humor, and Kristen's Intelligence. P.S, if you loved this movie, there is a book series, which is just as good, if not better, than the movie!

Kid, 0 years old June 26, 2017

It is a very good, entertaining movie, a little much for kids under 10.

The Clique, is a very good, entertaining movie. Be sure to let younger girls know that the messages given are not good.
There is one joke about getting your period, not that bad.
There is a bad word used twice, b--ch.
It is a very good movie, the only thing that bothers me about it, is that Claire, one of the main characters, is constantly trying to be friends with the girls in the clique, despite how mean they are to everyone.
Overall, it's a great movie for tweens and teens, mostly girls.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySofiaStar June 22, 2017

One of my favorites!

This movie is the BEST! My best friend and I both absolutely ah-dore clothes so we loved this movie. (And, ah-viously, the books). The insults are so funny. I know, I know, that's not what you're supposed to take away from the movie, but everyone at my school roasts each other. A lot of people roast and burn me, so this movie helped me with some comebacks. The clothes in the movie are GOURGEOUS and my best friend and I have even started rating each other's clothes and making a current state of the union just like the Pretty Committee. We even named our group the Pretty Committee!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancermichelle08 May 9, 2015

Good Movie!

This movie was really good! Even though I liked the books better, the movie was still good. There is a little cursing involved, though. Claire called Massie a b*tch. Massie and her clique are really mean and snobby girls, and I think after watching this movie kids will learn not to be like her and her friends.

Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2015

Amazing moral but tricky slang

This movie contains repeated events of betrayal negative comments and shrewd judgment. There is talk about boobs and kissing and swearing including bitch and shit. But in the end the moral teaches lots. Extremely crude sense of humour too.

Kid, 12 years old October 5, 2014
Good film for tweens but teenagers find too young for them 10-14 years is good. Doesn't contain swearing or sex references but does contain a lot of consumerism which was too ott in this film. Not a particularly family type film as it has crude humour which could be embarrassing. This film is eatable for 10-14 year olds as it's just showing the truth of popularity and how it works now. It shows children not to be like the main character who is selfish, manipulative, cruel but humorous, consuming with money and insanely attention seeking.

Teen, 14 years old Written byfreckledoll July 3, 2014

Didn't meet standards at all

I've read every book in the series and was very disappointed by the quality of this movie. The actresses looked nothing like they were described in the books and didn't act all that well. I don't know if this was a problem for anyone else, but I could only hear the background music and barely heard the dialogue for most of the movie. They cut important plot points short and made up very uninteresting scenes to make up for it. There isn't really anything younger viewers should worry about while watching this, but I was extremely disappointed while comparing it to the book.
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2013

good for kids 8 and up

the movie was ok it was very interesting. like in that scene when massie wanted to surprise chris abeley but claire told her that chris already had a girlfriend. there were some bad words like b*tch. i watch the movie when i was 10 and i think kids 8 and up should be ones to watch the movie despite the language.

Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2013

Great movie

Its was great! Also good for the family!
Kid, 12 years old September 1, 2012

All Parents: Read My Review! :)

ALL PARENTS: READ THIS:
This movie is the best. But it's DEFINETLY not for little kids.
The only good role-models are Claire and Lane.
The bad role-models are Massie, Dylan, Alicia, and Kristen.
Although Kristen is the nicest out of the whole group, she laughs along with the girls when they hurt Claire, or she helps with evil plans the girls come up with. Overall, the group is snobby, rich (except Kristen), rude, selfish, and cares about nobody but theirselves.

Plus: There is BAD language in this movie. Like Claire and Lane call Massie a b*tch. Plus, one of the girls say "pissed" and Massie says to Claire "Go back to wherever the hell you came from."
Little kids shouldn't be using that language.
Plus, there is one scene where Massie dresses like a s l u t and the girls talk about getting their first kiss.

Overall, this movie is amazing and I recommend it for mature girls! :)

Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2012

Love the movie Hate the books.

Good movie bought it when i was 9 and now I'm 12 and i need another copy It's good it's funny and massie cracks me up she was funny and dramatic and I really didn't think language was a problem since by the time your 10 and your in public school you've heard most the words Not for children under 10 I'd say. Good for pre-teens. BUT the books are terrible I tried to read one and I fell asleep worst books made like ever but the clique movie is fun. one use of the word " B**** "